Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

RDM was ruined by Elphick and Gollini, for me mostly Elphick which I find hilarious people sad he's gone. I actually think we'd be better off had we stuck with RDM that said I thought he was pretty uninspiring appointment at the time. All hypothetical obviously

Probably not but I do think we would have ended that season around the same place.

i also think RDM would have attempted to fix the midfield in the January transfer window as Bruce did. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

RDM was awful.

I agree, but in fairness he wasn't given time. 

Ultimately the time you get and how you perform relative to your resources is what you should be judged on. RDM should have done better, but even great managers don't always get it right within a few months. 

What makes Bruce such a horrid manager for us is that he's had plenty of time and wasted it completely. It doesn't even look like we have a game plan, and that's after 24 months. 

Think my biggest issue with RDM was the stories about him living in London. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think my biggest issue with RDM was the stories about him living in London. 

I thought RDM was shite, but I didn't hear nay stories about him living in London. And if they were around then they weren't true as I know for a fact he lived (lives?) in Leamington Spa

Edited by Stevo985
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bruce was a hell of a lot less awful than RDM. Let's not rewrite history.

He was given a lot longer.  The poor run in Jan was as bad as RDMs. 

We played Forest and Huddersfield off the park in early games Should have won both games but didn’t take chances. 

Yes we looked generally poor and all over the place. But we did all season. Bruce came along and managed to scrape wins. Those same wins would have come under RDM eventually.

Dont get me wrong. I’m not defending RDM. I just think he had a much bigger mess to sort out than Bruce did. 

• Like 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was given a lot longer.  The poor run in Jan was as bad as RDMs. 

We played Forest and Huddersfield off the park in early games Should have won both games but didn’t take chances. 

Yes we looked generally poor and all over the place. But we did all season. Bruce came along and managed to scrape wins. Those same wins would have come under RDM eventually.

Dont get me wrong. I’m not defending RDM. I just think he had a much bigger mess to sort out than Bruce did. 

Would they? 

That's a big assumption.

If Bruce gets sacked this weekend and we get a new manager who manages to get us winning games I could say "Well those wins would have come under Bruce eventually"

RDM was struggling.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Would they? 

That's a big assumption.

If Bruce gets sacked this weekend and we get a new manager who manages to get us winning games I could say "Well those wins would have come under Bruce eventually"

RDM was struggling.

No the difference is that we had 11 games to judge RDM on and hence any extrapolation of what could have happened is difficult. With Bruce - we have had 100 games, so it is pretty reasonable to expect more of the same, based on progress in those 100 games.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bruce was a hell of a lot less awful than RDM. Let's not rewrite history.

I disagree, RDM wasnt good but at least you could see a glimmer of what way he was trying to get the team playing.  Bruce is just a fraud.

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

No the difference is that we had 11 games to judge RDM on and hence any extrapolation of what could have happened is difficult. With Bruce - we have had 100 games, so it is pretty reasonable to expect more of the same, based on progress in those 100 games.

But Bruce did exactly this last season, had a shit start and then turned it around with a huge winning run.

Listen, I'm not saying I think that will happen. It won't.

The point is I can easily make that leap with that statement in the same way as VLV can make the leap to say it about RDM. You can't just say "those wins would have come under RDM". Based on what?

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But Bruce did exactly this last season, had a shit start and then turned it around with a huge winning run.

Listen, I'm not saying I think that will happen. It won't.

The point is I can easily make that leap with that statement in the same way as VLV can make the leap to say it about RDM. You can't just say "those wins would have come under RDM". Based on what?

Based on 'he's not Bruce'. 

Let's just call a spade a spade and stop tiptoeing around it all. 

Fortunately history rights itself over time and once the anger fades away SB will be regarded much more highly in the annals of history than he is right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People are actually arguing that RDM was better than Bruce :D

This place is mental :D

Is anyone actually arguing that?

all I'm seeing is people saying RDM given time could have been just as bad as Bruce. Probably even worse. 

• Thanks 1

Bruce undoubtedly has a fairly decent points ratio for us and arguably much better than our other more recent incumbents Lambert, Garde, Sherwood and RDM

Even though he is considerably better than those guys, he is still a dreadful tactician who spews out a mind-numbing brand of football. 

Just goes to show, those who have been in charge of the club have done a shocking job of employing the right staff to take care of team affairs...

Bruce needs replacing for sure but can we have faith in the club to finally employ someone worthy of the position?

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Based on 'he's not Bruce'. 

Let's just call a spade a spade and stop tiptoeing around it all. 

Fortunately history rights itself over time and once the anger fades away SB will be regarded much more highly in the annals of history than he is right now. 

I'm not tiptoeing around my agricultural/horticultural, manual, hand held, earth slicing, lifting and relocation facilitation tool.

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not by me he wont, gave my season ticket away a month after we appointed him and havent paid for a ticket since

I cannot stand the bloke, thought he would at least get us promoted before it all went to shit

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Richards signing and giving Bacuna 6 year extension some of the dumbest moves the club has made for me. Lescott seemed ok at the time before obvious he'd given up on football

Especially Richards, he spent the season prior to joining us unable to get into fiorentina side then we offer him 50k a week. Mental decision. 

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People are actually arguing that RDM was better than Bruce :D

This place is mental :D

All i know is RDM didnt get alot of time and im not saying he shouldnt have been sacked by the way. Just that he isnt any worse than Bruce.

Not long after Bruce came in he went 10 games with only 2pts gained, 8 of them defeats.  Why was he not given the boot?  Alot worse run than RDM.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â