Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Sorry imo and all near me we sat back on instruction, and we've done it before, and he's pretty much just said so, of course I don't know it though. 

And no, I don't think we 'should' be able to defend a two goal lead, firstly we are Championship, secondly if that was the case football would be over every time a team went 2 up !!!

We had them on the ropes, their Manager fired them up, ours cooled us down to our cost.

No he didn't cool them down at all.....they allowed the opposition to take control of them.....Grayson asked for some fight from his lot and he got it at our expense.

do you think some of the characters of the past would have allowed that? Even Morley said Adomah was doing leg cross overs instead of showing discipline, and he scored the goals.

I'm sorry mate, I simply don't agree with your assessment.

I thought 2 goals was ample to win a game like this.

Edited by TRO

I wouldn't put the second half collapse on Bruce today. We were excellent in the first half and had we played anywhere near that level in the second half we'd have won comfortably.  We didn't and once they got the first it was a different game and we looked edgy. Both their goals were down to diabolical defending.

I get that some will say he should have changed it but he had nothing on the bench certainly not in an attacking sense and with Lansbury not capable of playing 90 minutes the two things combined meant the game just petered out for us once it went 2-2.

Really disappointed as it was a big opportunity today. Hopefully by the time we play again Houriane and at least one more will be in, Kodjia will be back and Lansbury will be fitter. Still hoping for a positive end to the season that at the very least can see us have some positive momentum going into next season. I am confident the first half performance will become the norm under Bruce and the second half one will be something we see much less off. We'll get there.

• Like 3

Bruce -fair play on the radio-no holding back-scathing about fat Ross.

Glad he was upfront, i wouldn't expect a bloke who doesnt turn in for training to be selected. While Kodjia was away, Fat Ross taking the pee at this time, complete disgrace.

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Rare for a manager to go public on a player and be so scathing as Bruce has on McCormack - refreshing though in some ways .

I heard it on way home in car. No holding back there, ive never heard a manager so scathing about a player, he must have really pissed on sb chips there, i dread to think whats been going on down there with him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, poitier said:

I know this isn't yet a Steve Bruce team, but one thing I would have expected from Bruce would be to close out a game when we are two up.

I think we just have players who are mentally fragile. Last season destroyed a number of players and I think they will always be that way now.

36 minutes ago, terrytini said:

As I said TRO , who bottled it today ? IMO nobody. I don't see how anyone can say that result showed a lack of character .

Other teams are allowed to score and will if you invite them on !

I don't have a problem with Bruce being Manager but he can't get a free pass every time we don't get a result, there were plenty praising him when we were wibottled it.

A significant enough to concede a lead bottled it.

Invite them on.....who invited them on?

teams fight back and exploit weakness.....if they have it in them.

like manu today.

They showed fight and imposed themselves.....we wasn't up to the fight and conceded ground.....then they applied their talent.

job done.

Edited by TRO

32 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Interesting Bruce says there has been a lot of ill discipline at the club and he isn't going to stand for it anymore, further proof if needed that still a lot of work to do. 

He's had a lot of time to instill discipline by now. It's at least in part his own failing as much as it is the players. 

• Like 4

I think Bruce is just the type of manager we need. And he got his starting line up spot on... But, the draw is down to him in my eyes... It was clear thatLansbury  was struggling after an hr, as is to be expected after so long out. Bruce left him and a struggling Grealish on far too long and took away our impetus.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Accountability Steve, this is your team now, you're the boss. Make it work. 

Spot on Dave. He needs more time, but soon all the earlier excuses will be void.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Accountability Steve, this is your team now, you're the boss. Make it work. 

Still think we need to bring in players to replace those who are mentally weak. He does have to make it work, but I really would like to see what we have from February onwards.

Bruce has come out publicly blaming players on more than one occasion now. It's also not the first time that he's said a performance wasn't good enough and he isn't going to stand for it. Words are cheap, time to **** do something about it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's had a lot of time to instill discipline by now. It's at least in part his own failing as much as it is the players. 

Absolutely. He seemingly isn't the first and no doubt won't be the last to have to deal with ill discipline at the club.

Just not a fan. Unfortunately we are run by a chairman who is basically just a populist, and will do a lot of short-term fix-it solutions without setting-up a long-term strategy. We are throwing s*** at the ceiling and hoping some of it will stick. Bruce is doing the exact same with his line-ups and tactics - no methodology. It's like watching me play Football Manager.

This season is a write-off as far as I'm concerned, so may as well stick with Bruce for now. I don't want him here next season though unless he really gets us going - something I heavily doubt on the evidence I have seen. Have a strategy in place, hire somebody who can get our creative players involved between the lines, stick with him, trust the process. There simply is no process at the club. I think we have to research our choice thoroughly, not just pick the next journeyman who has a good agent.

Can we please stop giving contracts to players who have played well for like two games as well. It's embarrassing and is part of this short-termist approach and only serves to do us over in the seasons after.

It's good Bruce has said something about McCormack, but how has it got to that point in the first place?

48 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Without going OT, the story has been posted in the McCormack thread for anyone that hasn't seen it. 

Â