Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

In my opinion, along with Xia he/they are exactly what we need at the moment. The results on the pitch are obviously the most important thing, but the reason our results have been so poor over the last few years is because as a club we have been taken for words removed by the people we employ. 

I genuinely do believe Xia and Bruce will put a stop to this. I still think he's the right man. 

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

nah, in this day and age it's the managers job to deflect all the blame onto your players.

How is it Bruce's fault for rm behaviour. He isn't deflecting he's saying he can't pick our only centre forward because he can't be arsed to train. If youre criticising him for this what would you like him to do? We gave a youth player a start, had another on the bench and that's it for the forwards - that isn't deflecting it's explaining. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

In my opinion, along with Xia he/they are exactly what we need at the moment. The results on the pitch are obviously the most important thing, but the reason our results have been so poor over the last few years is because as a club we have been taken for words removed by the people we employ. 

I genuinely do believe Xia and Bruce will put a stop to this. I still think he's the right man. 

I think you are bang on.....its the start of the rectification, not the end.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I wonder if he would have mentioned the McCormack shenanigans if we had held out for victory. 

Cynic in me says intended to misdirect from 2nd half capitulation. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

How is it Bruce's fault for rm behaviour. He isn't deflecting he's saying he can't pick our only centre forward because he can't be arsed to train. If youre criticising him for this what would you like him to do? We gave a youth player a start, had another on the bench and that's it for the forwards - that isn't deflecting it's explaining. 

Put it this way...if RMC was messing Bruce around this way....what were they getting up to under shall we say the lax management of Roberto Di Matteo?

And we wonder why we have 1 win in 11 at the start of the season...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think we all agree that being 2-0 up at home and in front of a partisan home crowd, while being in control,should be enough to get a result.

the debate is.....who's fault is it, that we allowed the opposition back in and conceded ground.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we all agree that being 2-0 up at home and in front of a partisan home crowd, while being in control,should be enough to get a result.

the debate is.....who's fault is it, that we allowed the opposition back in and conceded ground.

The manager's.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

This 

And this.

Bruce may be "limited" as a manager (he wont get us playing tiki-taka), but he clearly takes no shit from his players and isnt afraid to call them out for not being good enough. He was annoyed after Wolves (twice), Cardiff away, Leeds away and Norwich and he gave the media/fans an honest appraisal of what we'd just seen.

I think he'll bring the discipline and pride back, but it will take him this window and the next to sort the squad/mentality. I think we'll absolutely walk this league next season.

Agree with all that, but especially the last paragraph. Of course i want us to go up this season, and I still think we have a great chance of reaching the playoffs, but I've got to the stage that i don't think it would be the end of the world if we didn't. 

Coincidentally I've just this conversation with my 12yr old son. If we go up great, i do believe that Xia would provide enough funding, alongside Bruce's experience to see us compete. But also i believe it may be a little to soon (scary when you think that we've done £100m in the last 2 windows, but thats for a different thread) 

I really think (like you) that Bruce, given this window and a summer, could, with the Dr's backing mould a squad that would piss this league next season, and be more equipped to carry that over into the PL. 

Either way i think we're on the way up. 

10 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

The manager's.

Absolute nonsense. What should he have done given the options available?

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Don't get the stick for playing Gabby today. He was very good. 

My issue with him is lack of subs when it was clear momentum had changed. 

I basically agree with this, but we had a load of crap on the bench. I'm not sure what change we could have made that would realistically have improved us. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

Regardless, that's still not a good enough reason to once again start Gabby. It really isn't a coincidence that the wins have stopped. 

I hate to admit it, but we badly miss selfish Kodjia. 

Yes it is. We have no other senior strikers. 

• Like 2

Â