Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Ok Bruce, after suffering as manager of Birmingham for years at the hands of Agbonlahor, it's natural that now you're his manager you want to play him just to see what it feels like to be on the other side.

Hopefully you've got it out of your system. Now stop it.

2 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Ok Bruce, after suffering as manager of Birmingham for years at the hands of Agbonlahor, it's natural that now you're his manager you want to play him just to see what it feels like to be on the other side.

Hopefully you've got it out of your system. Now stop it.

Actually thought gabby played well today IMO

• Like 2

Graham Taylor once said of the England team......The problem is with them, they only want to play......its above them to get their foot in or fight for the win.

we have the same problem Imo......but with a lesser talented bunch.

It will take Steve Bruce a number of windows and much time to change this attitude.....provided of course it is addressed.

we are all desperate for this change, but one outfield player coming in 24 hrs prior to this game was never going to change it.

This team have talent and can play at times.....but its not the real problem.

The soft under belly still exists.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Don't understand why he takes forever to make subs. Seriously what is the point of bringing on Davis for about 2 minutes?

the MON sub approach

soon on 83 minutes he will be moving Hutton to left back and Westwood to right back

That result is down to Bruce, not the players.

Every player put a good shift in, Baker, Chester, and Hutton defended well. There was even passing and movement on occasions !

First off credit to him, after a pretty insipid twenty five minutes we suddenly started playing proper football. I don't see how he can be criticised for playing Lansbury, who played well first half.

Even Gabby - I was annoyed he started but he played well.

BUT ..... for yet another game he then tells them to sit back and try and counter once we were ahead.

He HAS to abandon this overly cautious approach. It's been my view for two months that he CAN get performances out these  players, but he is too cautious. We should have gone for the jugular second half instead he handed them the momentum.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Graham Taylor once said of the England team......The problem is with them, they only want to play......its above them to get their foot in or fight for the win.

we have the same problem Imo......but with a lesser talented bunch.

It will take Steve Bruce a number of windows and much time to change this attitude.....provided of course it is addressed.

we are all desperate for this change, but one outfield player coming in 24 hrs prior to this game was never going to change it.

This team have talent and can play at times.....but its not the real problem.

The soft under belly still exists.

Can't agree.

Our tactics second half handed momentum to Preston, and unsurprisingly they scored.

I just don't buy this narrative that    there are a load of weak characters in that side .

Who was bullied today ? Who hid ? Who showed a lack of character ?

We were switched on, then the Manager switched us off.

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Every player put a good shift in, Baker, Chester, and Hutton defended well. There was even passing and movement on occasions !

First off credit to him, after a pretty insipid twenty five minutes we suddenly started playing proper football. I don't see how he can be criticised for playing Lansbury, who played well first half.

BUT ..... for yet another game he then tells them to sit back and try and counter once we were ahead.

He HAS to abandon this overly cautious approach. It's been my view for two months that he CAN get performances out these  players, but he is too cautious. We should have gone for the jugular second half instead he handed them the momentum.

Spot on.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Can't agree.

Our tactics second half handed momentum to Preston, and unsurprisingly they scored.

I just don't buy this narrative that    there are a load of weak characters in that side .

Who was bullied today ? Who hid ? Who showed a lack of character ?

We were switched on, then the Manager switched us off.

I' m sorry Terry.....I equally don't buy the tactics thing either.

27 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Newcastle went 2-0 up in their game around the same time as us. Their 3rd goal was also around the same time we conceded. They went on to win 4-0. Ok it's Rotherham but the point is they didn't sit back thinking the job was done at 2-0.

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they also have a much better team than us

and thats why they are top of the league and have 22 points more than us.

We have to stick with Bruce so he can build his own team.

Edited by imavillan

So TRO don't you agree we were clearly sat back second half ?

In fact I've just heard Bruce say " 2-0 we should have wrapped the game up instead they tried going forward"

There you are, e has publically confirmed he thought we should keep it tight.

This is subject is ridiculous

Since when have football fans become football experts?

It is going to take a lot of hard work and time to get us in a respectable position in english football.

Why can't everyone just allow Steve Bruce, his backroom staff and Steve Round to do their job?

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

This is subject is ridiculous

Since when have football fans become football experts?

It is going to take a lot of hard work and time to get us in a respectable position in english football.

Why can't everyone just allow Steve Bruce, his backroom staff and Steve Round to do their job?

It's debate about Steve Bruce in the Steve Bruce thread ????????????? What an odd Post.

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

You know he told them to sit back do you?

even if he did......does that mean we don't have the ability to contain a 2-0 lead at home with a large crowd behind us.

Albion scored their 2 early on and seen the game out.

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

And he's now said Ross has been disciplined for being out of condition.

So why sell Rudy ? Why pick Ross last week ? 

And you question me, questioning their character;)

• Like 1

Â