Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Michael118 said:

We were in the relegation zone when Tim Sherwood took over as well.

The performances have been terrible under Bruce since the beginning and now there are signs whatever positive psychological effect the appointment had could be reverting back as well.

It doesn't look good.

I think we need to look at the issues. Too many players who are mentally fragile, too many prone to errors and too many who offer nothing more than a body.

Give Bruce time and if we are in this position in 9 months time, then we should worry. I don't think we will be.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

We were in the relegation zone when Tim Sherwood took over as well.

The performances have been terrible under Bruce since the beginning and now there are signs whatever positive psychological effect the appointment had could be reverting back as well.

It doesn't look good.

You're welcome to that conclusion if you want it. 

If you're hoping to persuade me that we should sack yet another manager, I'm afraid you won't do it. 

• Like 3

He has handled the McCormack situation perfectly in my eyes.  Excellent management and shows he won't tolerate any pathetic behaviour. McCormack had his chance with ayew and kodjia gone but he has failed and shown what a fat loser he is.

Well done brucie

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 3

He's got more of a task than he realised but I'm not sure he sees exactly what's wrong.

You cannot have the likes of Richards, Gabby and now sadly it seems, McCormack training with the whole team every day. Let alone in the squad. Let alone bloody starting! They need to be totally cast aside, it's the only way.

The lack of effort, professionalism, seeing that you can get away with not trying... it all spreads. Grealish, Bacuna, who's to say Andre Green isn't next?

Hey look, your wages still came in this month, and you were garbage. And you've fallen out of the team anyway. Why not go out? Why not spend four nights a week spending thousands on champagne and women?

He's brought Gab back, and now Richards. I don't like it. He's taking McCormack on so that's a positive sign.

Hopefully getting in some serious 100% starters like Lansbury and Hourihane can change the culture of the team. Effort and application is required here. Although Lansbury has been a huge drinker in the past, so fingers crossed he doesn't get dragged out on one of the lads' benders.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You're welcome to that conclusion if you want it. 

If you're hoping to persuade me that we should sack yet another manager, I'm afraid you won't do it. 

I haven't come to any conclusion but that's how I'm seeing it.

If we made the right appointment in the first place we wouldn't have to go through the process of sacking manager after manager.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jon_c said:

nah, in this day and age it's the managers job to deflect all the blame onto your players.

In that case I miss the old days. I'd love to be able to shift the blame to my boss for not turning up for work.

11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

If we made the right appointment in the first place we wouldn't have to go through the process of sacking manager after manager.

Yes, I well remember, your 'right appointment' was the eminently gettable Marcelo Bielsa. 

Do me a favour. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

And who should it have been?

49 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's got more of a task than he realised but I'm not sure he sees exactly what's wrong.

You cannot have the likes of Richards, Gabby and now sadly it seems, McCormack training with the whole team every day. Let alone in the squad. Let alone bloody starting! They need to be totally cast aside, it's the only way.

The lack of effort, professionalism, seeing that you can get away with not trying... it all spreads. Grealish, Bacuna, who's to say Andre Green isn't next?

Hey look, your wages still came in this month, and you were garbage. And you've fallen out of the team anyway. Why not go out? Why not spend four nights a week spending thousands on champagne and women?

He's brought Gab back, and now Richards. I don't like it. He's taking McCormack on so that's a positive sign.

Hopefully getting in some serious 100% starters like Lansbury and Hourihane can change the culture of the team. Effort and application is required here. Although Lansbury has been a huge drinker in the past, so fingers crossed he doesn't get dragged out on one of the lads' benders.

Great post! 

23 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Guus Hiddink or Marcelo Bielsa.

NEITHER OF THOSE MANAGERS WOULD HAVE COME TO US EVEN WHEN WE WERE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE, LET ALONE THE CHAMPIONSHIP RELEGATION ZONE. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TRO said:

How many do you want to appoint......1 every 15 games;)

It is possible to be unhappy with an aspect of the managers performance without that meaning you want him replaced - at the moment we are regressing under Bruce and it's no surprise that people are looking critically at his decisions. 

• Like 1

Bielsa was ready to join Swansea when they were in danger of relegation but he wanted a 2 year contract and they were only willing to offer him 1. It's not a huge leap to think he would consider joining Aston Villa even if we are in the Championship and Hiddink is currently being linked with a job in the A League.

If we couldn't get them then I thought Francesco Guidolin, Quique Sanchez Flores or Sam Allardyce were the next best choices.

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Bielsa was ready to join Swansea when they were in danger of relegation but he wanted a 2 year contract and they were only willing to offer him 1. It's not a huge leap to think he would consider joining Aston Villa even if we are in the Championship and Hiddink is currently being linked with a job in the A League.

If we couldn't get them then I thought Francesco Guidolin, Quique Sanchez Flores or Sam Allardyce were the next best choices.

Why are we talking about these guys (realistic or not)? If Monday was a Saturday the weekend would be longer than it is... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Double post....

Edited by Hughes

Â