Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I really don't know how I feel about Bruce staying or not. I can see it from both sides and I'm not sure where my opinion lands.

The one thing I do know is that I wish we didn't hire him after we sacked RDM. Kinda feel like we need continuety right now, but I'm not happy that's with Bruce.

21 hours ago, villarocker said:

I might get slaughtered for saying this but, right now, I'd rather take the tight-pursed days of Deadly Doug. 

Its easy, to be wise after the event, for all of us.

If we had done the sensible thing, everyone would say, we lack ambition.....truth is, there is no room at the inn, for other than winners.

We have done many things wrong, but there are degrees....some things were just plain stupid....some things any of us could have done.

We now talk about paying High wages and on the surface ,yes its extravagant.....but its the ones that draw them and give back **** all are the real fly in the ointment....we have just had too many.

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Until after Monday’s meeting I wouldn’t be too cocksure of anything .

Bruce has walked out on numerous clubs in his career - don’t be surprised to see him go from this one . 

Here's hoping. 

• Like 1

Well, If anyone is going to know our situation better than Steve Bruce, I'd like to know who he is.

In the ideal world, its not the right reason to be continuing with a manager on that basis....but we are not in an ideal world.

He chose a route of experienced players and it didn't quite work to get us over.....but he knows the kids better than anyone....He has to give them their wings now.

He wants to stay and I think he should....not because of my comments all season, but because with no or little budget he is as good as any to get us firing again.

Its not going to please some, but I believe we could do worse than emulate Cardiff and go power,pace and youth....with a couple of physical players in key positions to look after the kids and allow them to play.

We have never been any good with spending money anyway, so perhaps we have been forced out of a strategy we have no success in.....just trying to look for positives.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, vreitti said:

Again with the **** "safe pair of hands" bullshit. 

Seriously though, what makes you think Bruce will ever abandon his overcautious approach? I can guarantee you and everybody else, it'll only get worse with lesser players, and we all know the excuses will be ready-made once the inevitable occurs.

Honestly I question the sanity of each and everyone still wanting Bruce to remain as manager. We really have gone beyond the point of no return.

There is a very strong argument to say that our aim next season may simply be ‘avoid relegation’, if we have to sell half the squad, as many believe. As exciting as it could be to get a new, young manager to coach the youngsters, if we end up in the bottom three then we’d be calling for a stable Steve Bruce type to keep us up. A safe pair of hands is what he is. A safe pair of hands does not mean ‘the man to get us promoted with a record points tally’. It’s just someone who will stop us falling through the trap door by playing ugly football.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well, If anyone is going to know our situation better than Steve Bruce, I'd like to know who he is.

In the ideal world, its not the right reason to be continuing with a manager on that basis....but we are not in an ideal world.

He chose a route of experienced players and it didn't quite work to get us over.....but he knows the kids better than anyone....He has to give them their wings now.

He wants to stay and I think he should....not because of my comments all season, but because with no or little budget he is as good as any to get us firing again.

Its not going to please some, but I believe we could do worse than emulate Cardiff and go power,pace and youth....with a couple of physical players in key positions to look after the kids and allow them to play.

We have never been any good with spending money anyway, so perhaps we have been forced out of a strategy we have no success in.....just trying to look for positives.

Surely we realise that is not going to happen.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I’ve thought a bit more about this and would be inclined to go with kmac - he knows the club and has brought many of the younger players through for years - he would get more from them than most .

if we can’t afford to compensate another club for their manager and it’s a case of rebuilding then kmac would for me be better equipped than Bruce . 

Please don't tell me that after the events of this week, the bright light on the horizon is another season of shite Bruce football?

How can anyone be positive knowing that Bruce has less money, less of 'His' type of players, less experienced players. There will be more excuses, more complaining about the fans, and will likely have to trim his coaching staff to cut costs. This could be the most depressing season in years. We should start taking bets on the possession percentage stats, or the number of shots on target, for each game.

We will have to watch Brentford show us how to play football, yet again, and try and nick a 0-0 draw at home. Depressing.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

There is a very strong argument to say that our aim next season may simply be ‘avoid relegation’, if we have to sell half the squad, as many believe. As exciting as it could be to get a new, young manager to coach the youngsters, if we end up in the bottom three then we’d be calling for a stable Steve Bruce type to keep us up. A safe pair of hands is what he is. A safe pair of hands does not mean ‘the man to get us promoted with a record points tally’. It’s just someone who will stop us falling through the trap door by playing ugly football.

We need a season of low expectation and a Crowd who acknowledges many players stepping up from the academy....you might be surprised just how partisan our crowd can be with young players.

We have to change.....Steve has to change his approach too.

I think we have all been highly strung.....The lot of us Owner, manager, players, fans.

We need to stop beating ourselves up and go out and play the game, like we know we can....Attacking football should be the order of the day...not reckless or cavalier, but taking the initiative to the opponent every week.

The stadium, should be a boost to us, not the opposition( when folk say it motivates the opposition, its because we let it)......We had a forward line once Deehan-Gray-Little..... talk about effervescence.....Yes they were young and special, but they was given a chance.....The kids must sink or swim.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Please don't tell me that after the events of this week, the bright light on the horizon is another season of shite Bruce football?

How can anyone be positive knowing that Bruce has less money, less of 'His' type of players, less experienced players. There will be more excuses, more complaining about the fans, and will likely have to trim his coaching staff to cut costs. This could be the most depressing season in years. We should start taking bets on the possession percentage stats, or the number of shots on target, for each game.

We will have to watch Brentford show us how to play football, yet again, and try and nick a 0-0 draw at home. Depressing.

If Bruce stays it will end in tears and well  before xmas in my opinion - he’s on a hiding to nothing and as soon as we had a bad run many fans would turn on him - walk away head high and take a few months off and then get another job would be the best option for him to take . 

‘Whoever is on charge next season forget promotion talk - let’s see a better style of play and mid table and build from there . 

Edited by Eastie

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Maybe they will tell him on Monday his contract is being terminated - until they meet its anyone’s guess what will happen .

his recent comment about Hutton being offered a new deal if he has his way suggest he doesn’t realise the extent of the financial mess we are in.

Ah okay, but you do right? 

Shit, let's make you the Manager 

• Haha 1

That anyone is even considering the possibility of Bruce staying after failing 2 seasons running to get us promoted... the man is a failure and has demonstrated it yet again with Villa, but ya, let's continue on down this road.

The mind does truly boggle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I really don't know how I feel about Bruce staying or not. I can see it from both sides and I'm not sure where my opinion lands.

The one thing I do know is that I wish we didn't hire him after we sacked RDM. Kinda feel like we need continuety right now, but I'm not happy that's with Bruce.

We might have been in Div 1 now....not where we are.?

I don't hitnk he's going to walk out on his contract, any more than the squad will forgo a months money to ease our immediate cash flow probs. 

Our problems are deeper than the manager, we need a new CEO, a director of football with good connections and a plan, then take it from there. Next steps being coaches and scouting. 

Bruce does not fit in that scenario for me, but we don't have the cash to fire him.

HAPPY DAYS

Just now, TRO said:

We might have been promoted too?

Or we might have got a manager with a proper vision of integrating the youth team and adding younger players to the squad similar to Fulham. We wouldn't be in this mess now with that kind of foresight. 

Who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Even a monkey sticking a pin into the squad list wouldn't have got us relegated. The resources we had at our disposal were far too great. Normally the highest paid squad finishes top, we shoudl have finished in the automatic promotion places. We **** it up royally.

• Like 2

Â