Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Oh oh the Trokey  cokey, you put your steve Bruce in , your steve Bruce out , in out in out shake it all about .....

;)

blimey the bandwagon is in full swing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

4th or 14th isn't the point I am trying to make. His whole approach to football management is short termism with ageing players on expensive contracts playing a very conservative game. He has been at this football management thing for over 20 years and a struggling Villa at the bottom of the Championship is the biggest job he has ever got. There is a reason that no decent Premier League or European league club has ever come in for him and that is because he is a run of the mill bang average plodder with no sustainable model.

Yea but it was working. No one can say it wasn't as we were winning games keeping clean sheets and scoring goals. I agree the foitball wants great but it was effective. 

I think to call him average is wring. Bruce isnt average. His four promotions tell you that. Only Warnock has that. Bruce to me is a low standard pl manager but a excellent championship manager.  It makes no sense for me to get rid of bruce if we are going to appoint someone like Dean smith.

That ha shit disaster all over it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Christ TRO, you're in and out of the Bruce camp more often than a dick in a Thai prostitute.

Pick a view and stick with it man.

Have to say, finding it disappointing how opinions have turned off the basis of a 1-0 defeat to what everyone recognises/recognised is a pretty decent side (at this level).

That doesn't make it okay, I'm hurting as much as anyone but losing that game doesn't change my view on the season as a whole, the Manager or anything to do with the club.

My opinions on the team ,were always there....The manner of that defeat, just highlighted them.

don't you think the QPR , Bolton & Norwich games actually cost us.....?

I chose not to go, such was my premeditated thoughts, so don't give me the " change like the weather" rubbish.....I just chose to support him,all season, despite my reservations of the teams play, which are not entirely the same of most of his critics.

I think overall he has done well.....I just want him to address some of the issues that made us fall short.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

My opinions on the team ,were always there....The manner of that defeat, just highlighted them.

I chose not to go, such was my premeditated thoughts, so don't give me the " change like the weather" rubbish.....I just chose to support him,all season, despite my reservations of the teams play, which are not entirely the same of most of his critics.

I think overall he has done well.....I just want him to address some of the issues that made us fall short.

interestingly, I chose to be critical here, but support him as strongly as I could with fingers crossed on match day.  So, I didn't change with the wind either, even though we sounded very different in our posts here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

My opinion is he has been managing for a long time now , what we saw this season was his best and it wasn't good enough what we require in terms of coaching he isn't up to 

I don't see him addressing the issues as I'm not sure he see's the same issues as the rest of us ! I think he is perhaps a good man manager and can put a team together and get them working for each other but tactically he is poor and I don't think he has it in him to coach a team to improve - its why we have 3 coaches as he doesn't do that part of the game and I think really thats what we need now.We need someone who can mould what we have rather than tinker with transfers to get something that works ...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If Bruce was being sacked I think it would have happened by now 

so one more year of predictable unpredictability beckons 

Why would it ? Does that mean conte is staying at Chelsea? 

‘Leeds have sacked their manager today - my guess is Bruce is mulling things over whilst aware of the financial restrictions he would face next season - he quit hull in July , I really do not see him staying at villa or being sacked - it will be a Mutual decision and he will leave with his head held high in my opinion .

The fact nothing has been announced yet is neither here nor there . 

‘Sky are reporting him as being in talks with Leeds ,   Maybe speculation but also maybe we would let him speak to Leeds as it would save us having to pay him off . 

can you imagine the phone call..

sb -hi tone, how much have i got to spend this year?

tone- ahh we sell jack & chester, terry & the other one has gone who talk funny.. you know west ham team & i think bunn can be  the number 1 ..steve you their ..steve can you hear me..we got a bad line ..steeevvveeeee

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Eastie said:

‘Leeds have sacked their manager today - my guess is Bruce is mulling things over whilst aware of the financial restrictions he would face next season - he quit hull in July , I really do not see him staying at villa or being sacked - it will be a Mutual decision and he will leave with his head held high in my opinion .

‘Sky are reporting him as being in talks with Leeds ,   Maybe speculation but also maybe we would let him speak to Leeds as it would save us having to pay him off . 

Quite often after a failed season  ( and let’s face it our loss is pretty devastating to the club ) teams part ways with the manger quite quickly 

maybe they are negotiating his severance but I think the silence means he is staying 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yea but it was working. No one can say it wasn't as we were winning games keeping clean sheets and scoring goals. I agree the foitball wants great but it was effective. 

I think to call him average is wring. Bruce isnt average. His four promotions tell you that. Only Warnock has that. Bruce to me is a low standard pl manager but a excellent championship manager.  It makes no sense for me to get rid of bruce if we are going to appoint someone like Dean smith.

That ha shit disaster all over it

It didn't work well enough for him to meet his objectives, we spent more money than any other team in the division in an attempt to guarantee promotion, the tactic failed because he strenghthed in areas we didn't need to.

I'm not advocating changing him for the sake of it , we need a bright forward thinking manager who has a proven record of getting the most out of a group of players, he may come from a lower division or another country but with the right scouting network we should have these types of managers in our sites. 

On the subject of management selection I would like to have a look at the due diligence took out on Bruce , because as far as I'm concerned we got what most people expected, well short of the return you would have expected with the squad we had . 

I'm hoping Xia is finding the right manager and keeping his options open should one not be available. If hes going into next season with Bruce and a group of players Bruce doesn't rate then the writing is on the wall for at least another season . UTV 

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Quite often after a failed season  ( and let’s face it our loss is pretty devastating to the club ) teams part ways with the manger quite quickly 

maybe they are negotiating his severance but I think the silence means he is staying 

If he’s still here in a weeks time maybe you are right , I think he will be gone by mutual consent - he won’t be sacked .

1 hour ago, cbr600rr said:

can you imagine the phone call..

sb -hi tone, how much have i got to spend this year?

tone- ahh we sell jack & chester, terry & the other one has gone who talk funny.. you know west ham team & i think bunn can be  the number 1 ..steve you their ..steve can you hear me..we got a bad line ..steeevvveeeee

Making tony chow from the hangover is a wee bit shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Hang on Bruce is integral to next seasons plans however we would not want to stand in the way of him managing such an illustrious side as Leeds so for 5 million we are prepared to let him go with our blessing 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

From day one,  I've been critical of his overly cautious approach , and for me, that is what cost us promotion . He may well of improved the atmosphere and induced a more positive feel around the club, and I applaud him for that, but from what I seen last week, just confirmed , for me, that under Steve Bruce, if there is one issue that isn't  going to be resolved, it's  the way he wants us to play.

" Effective football " ? We had automatic promotion in our grasp, at a time, when most were convinced, after a run of wins, that we were no longer the Aston Villa, who, crumble when the pressure was on. Critic's of Bruce being called out by smug posters, that's not a reference to you, may I had. The irony was, it was when everyone seemed to think all was rosy in the garden, that we did indeed crumble and inexplicably let what we yearned for most, slip from our grasp.

And then I had to witness the debacle of the weekend, because our manager, lacked the belief , in his own team, to allow them to take their most important game of the season by the scruff of the neck, and play in a manner,  that a team of our stature should be playing like.

In my opinion, he's not the man for this job. Can someone please tell me, what the bloody  hell was effective about Saturday afternoon ? 

Let's get a manager who is going to excite the fans with a brand of football, that a team like Aston Villa deserve.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Christ TRO, you're in and out of the Bruce camp more often than a dick in a Thai prostitute.

Pick a view and stick with it man.

Have to say, finding it disappointing how opinions have turned off the basis of a 1-0 defeat to what everyone recognises/recognised is a pretty decent side (at this level).

That doesn't make it okay, I'm hurting as much as anyone but losing that game doesn't change my view on the season as a whole, the Manager or anything to do with the club.

The whole long term plan of the club has changed off the basis of that 1-0 defeat, of course thats reflective from the fans. 

Bruce failed and we were wrong to stick with him. That has now proved to be a damaging decision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nabby said:

My opinion is he has been managing for a long time now , what we saw this season was his best and it wasn't good enough what we require in terms of coaching he isn't up to 

I don't see him addressing the issues as I'm not sure he see's the same issues as the rest of us ! I think he is perhaps a good man manager and can put a team together and get them working for each other but tactically he is poor and I don't think he has it in him to coach a team to improve - its why we have 3 coaches as he doesn't do that part of the game and I think really thats what we need now.We need someone who can mould what we have rather than tinker with transfers to get something that works ...

You could be right Nabby....I can't argue despite supporting him all season.

Â