Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

He didn't look very tactically aware against us. He had da costa and afobe on the bench - and tried to play a local derby at walking pace. 

Did you not see the game at Molineux they absolutely dismantled us systamaticslly and the 2-0 defeat said an awful lot more to me  than the 4-1 reverse at villa park in my view 

11 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It's funny how the same people who claim we would have gone down under RDM (which is a load of nonsense by the way) are saying if only Bruce had got off to a better start this season..

The truth is we don't know what would have happened under RDM but he only lost 1 or 2 league games and played far better football than Bruce's leadership in the same season. 

Had Bruce been sacked after those 7 games this season would people then be claiming that he was taking us down? 

This isn't a Bruce v RDM debate as its been done to death, but its funny how people dream up such scenarios with such conviction, like relegation was really about to happen and start comparing us to Sunderland had Bruce not stepped in. Seen it mentioned a few times over the last couple of pages. What a load of tosh! 

Agreed. Likewise I find it strange that ppl on here claim that RDMs signings where terrible, when in fact as a whole he bought quite well, just like Bruce. Both managers had two genuine expensive duds, and another few mild mistakes. 

Edited by vreitti
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Did you not see the game at Molineux they absolutely dismantled us systamaticslly and the 2-0 defeat said an awful lot more to me  than the 4-1 reverse at villa park in my view 

Why?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why?

Because there was a chasm in class on the day at Molineux - we were totally spanked and made to look second best in every single aspect of football imo - sure at Villa park we did great and took our opportunities as they arose - but at no point did we do to wolves - what they did to us imo 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Because there was a chasm in class on the day at Molineux - we were totally spanked and made to look second best in every single aspect of football imo - sure at Villa park we did great and took our opportunities as they arose - but at no point did we do to wolves - what they did to us imo 

Fair enough.

I totally disagree, and I imagine the vast majority of other Villa fans would too. But you're entitled to your opinion.

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

And we just shaded it in the 4-1 at Villa Park. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Fair enough.

I totally disagree, and I imagine the vast majority of other Villa fans would too. But you're entitled to your opinion.

That's absolutely fine Stevo - I neither asked or expect you to agree with anything I say - which is completely ok with me & and you did note I added imo right ?

8 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I thought we won at home as comfortably as they did at home - if anything over the 2 games we looked maybe more dominant in the 2nd half at villa park than wolves did at any stage . 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, hippo said:

And we just shaded it in the 4-1 at Villa Park. 

That really is putting words in my mouth - I genuinely never said this at any point, I did also say we played great 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He and Jedinak are comfortably superior to Thor, despite Thor's improvements and admirable performances in the second half of the season.

'
"Thor's" poor performances seemed to get overlooked quite early on as well.

A beard and a cool nickname would do Whelan's reputation a world of good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I thought we won at home as comfortably as they did at home - if anything over the 2 games we looked maybe more dominant in the 2nd half at villa park than wolves did at any stage . 

Well that's what makes this game so great isn't it - so many different opinions - where would VT be without them ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

That really is putting words in my mouth - I genuinely never said this at any point, I did also say we played great 

This is what you said

"but at no point did we do to wolves - what they did to us imo "  

I d actually say we did it twice as many times ( 4 v 2) - and Bruce in his defence didn't voluntarily elect to keep players of the quality of Da Costa and Afobe on the bench.  

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

This is what you said

"but at no point did we do to wolves - what they did to us imo "  

I d actually say we did it twice as many times ( 4 v 2) - and Bruce in his defence didn't voluntarily elect to keep players of the quality of Da Costa and Afobe on the bench.  

Yes that's correct I don't believe we did to wolves what they did to us - this is totally my point and highlights how good they were on the day - but neither did I say we just shaded it - just that their dizzy heights were higher than ours if you will - on the two days.

Interesting to note than when he quit hull he did so in late July almost 2 months after their play off final - we cannot find ourselves in that position again with a manager getting pissed off over the summer break and then walking out just before the season starts as mon did .

If Bruce has been given the reality of cost cutting measures and is mulling things over then we need a swift decision and cannot afford him walking out in July like he did to hull 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Interesting to note than when he quit hull he did so in late July almost 2 months after their play off final - we cannot find ourselves in that position again with a manager getting pissed off over the summer break and then walking out just before the season starts as mon did .

If Bruce has been given the reality of cost cutting measures and is mulling things over then we need a swift decision and cannot afford him walking out in July like he did to hull 

Agreed - to be fair I think if he asks about budget for players - he will get the answer pretty pronto. 

My hunch is he has been told the figures and has been given until Monday (ish) to say if he wants to continue. 

• Like 1

Â