Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No

but I don’t think anybody can next season. 

This , I think it could take 2 or 3 years to bring in a new strategy that pays off as the younger players develop - it may be sooner but I’m prepared to give the new man time 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

We've talked all the way around whether we can get promoted with Bruce staying.

Perhaps it's time that we have a simple one word answer, so that we can see where opinion currently is on Bruce?

Can Bruce get us promoted next season .... Yes or no?

for me the answer is "not sure" but a certain "no" to AVFC getting promoted if we sack him...i dont think the club could cope with rebuilding the backroom as well as the playing staff sufficiently to challenge the top 6

i'm still bruce in...but lets see how the season starts - if he gets the youngsters in the first 18 (which we wont have a choice) and lets the reigns off them we might see some entertaining games

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

for me the answer is "not sure" but a certain "no" to AVFC getting promoted if we sack him...i dont think the club could cope with rebuilding the backroom as well as the playing staff sufficiently to challenge the top 6

i'm still bruce in...but lets see how the season starts - if he gets the youngsters in the first 18 (which we wont have a choice) and lets the reigns off them we might see some entertaining games

I think there is a misconception of how good our youngsters are. If they were good enough they would play. Grealish aside, Gardner is one of the most talented players too come out of our youth setup and even he struggled playing for us. 

Ive no doubt some of our younger players will have decent championship careers similar to how Robinson has managed at Preston. 

But I don’t think they are as good as we like to believe and even when given a chance will struggle to match the expectations of the fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

We've talked all the way around whether we can get promoted with Bruce staying.

Perhaps it's time that we have a simple one word answer, so that we can see where opinion currently is on Bruce?

Can Bruce get us promoted next season .... Yes or no?

No

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think there is a misconception of how good our youngsters are. If they were good enough they would play. Grealish aside, Gardner is one of the most talented players too come out of our youth setup and even he struggled playing for us. 

Ive no doubt some of our younger players will have decent championship careers similar to how Robinson has managed at Preston. 

But I don’t think they are as good as we like to believe and even when given a chance will struggle to match the expectations of the fans. 

Gardner has been knackered through injuries. 

The ONLY argument I can literally give myself for keeping him is continuity and stability.

I genuinely don't see the other positives.

Just my opinion (Which of course could be wrong) based on evidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The ONLY argument I can literally give myself for keeping him is continuity and stability.

Finance? Sacking Bruce and his staff and replacing them with a new man and his staff will set us back five to ten million pounds. I wouldn't discount that as a factor.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Finance? Sacking Bruce and his staff and replacing them with a new man and his staff will set us back five to ten million pounds. I wouldn't discount that as a factor.

If he goes by  mutual consent we may save a few quid and reach a settlement - he may feel the constraints of the job are no longer what he signed up for - he said if he got his way Hutton would get a new  contract and expressed his disappointment we were unable to keep JT - the cutbacks along with the pressure of the job may make him feel it’s time to part company . 

‘He quit hull partly due to financial restraints . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Tbh as gutted I am about terry going keeping a 38 year old on close to 100k wages makes no sense in tbis league.

As for bruce well I think as no statement has been made I think Bruce is staying and I've been saying that for a while. I think we should stick with him. I think he might suprise a few people next year 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don’t believe Steve Bruce can take us forwards. Even if the game last Saturday had gone our way, we would still have had an aging squad that didn’t have the quality or legs for the Premier League and we would still have needed a big rebuild. Ok we would have been better off financially, on the face of it, but we would have had to spend a huge amount of money and so probably been no better off in the main. 

The rebuild has to start now. We need to build a football culture throughout the club, that everyone involved buys into and understands. I very much doubt that can be achieved with Steve Bruce and nor do I  know who it can be achieved with. We will see if anyone at the club does. 

Wyness said that we needed to build a team for promotion, another for staying up and a third to challenge for the top. Ok I understand that we will need to improve the quality for each stage but the basic culture needs to stay consistent, even if the personnel don’t. That is the continuity that the club needs, not just keeping hold of the same people who aren’t able to move is forward. And if you’re not going forward that generally means that before long  you’re going backwards. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbh as gutted I am about terry going keeping a 38 year old on close to 100k wages makes no sense in tbis league.

As for bruce well I think as no statement has been made I think Bruce is staying and I've been saying that for a while. I think we should stick with him. I think he might suprise a few people next year 

Wouldn’t read too much either way into no statement yet . 

• Like 1

I think he can.  Wolves this year were a bit of a one off with their weird Portuguese shenanigans and I suspect the relegated clubs will have trouble like we did with deadwood players that aren't bothered.  I'd certainly back us to get to the play offs again under Bruce.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Â