Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oh Ok.....but the season is over now.

I can have a moan.

I thought it all season Striker, but wanted to stay positive.

And nothing wrong with that at all mate.

Personally after Terry leaving I think Bruce will also leave by mutual consent. The financial state the club is now in won’t allow Bruce to bring in the quality of experienced pro he would desire to replace those that will leave.

Its time for a radical change using youth and Bruce is simply too set in his ways and long in the tooth to build a new dynasty at the Villa. 

Edited by striker

Just now, striker said:

And nothing wrong with that at all mate.

Personally after Terry leaving I think Bruce will leave, officially by mutual consent. The financial state the club is now in won’t allow Bruce to bring in the quality of experienced pro he would desire to replace those that will leave.

Its time for a radical change using youth and Bruce is simply too set in his ways and long in the tooth to build a new dynasty at the Villa. 

I have no doubt you are totally correct 

Just now, Zatman said:

Cant imagine Leeds fans being too enthused with a Man United legend taking the job

Having seen some of their recent managers I think he’s a big improvement 

Just now, Eastie said:

Having seen some of their recent managers I think he’s a big improvement 

but you know Villa fans hate him and McLeish because where they manged before ;)

13 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Watch him go get Leeds promoted next season as Champions. 

So where would this magical wand have come from suddenly which prevented him from doing it with us? lol

• Haha 1

Where we are currently and what we require for next season. 

I think we now need a change. 

Only problem is that we do not have enough time to change a manager, prepare pre season and rebuild a squad.

Next season will be a struggle.

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Where we are currently and what we require for next season. 

I think we now need a change. 

Only problem is that we do not have enough time to change a manager, prepare pre season and rebuild a squad.

Next season will be a struggle.

Season has just ended, why do we nt?

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

Transfer window starts and finishes earlier

They're all on a break though, get a good director of football in first, then hire the rest. If the argument is there is no time now, then when will there be time?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Transfer window starts and finishes earlier.

Transfer window is now open closes on August the 9th

We are still in May .

no doubt we need a swift appointment though if as expected Bruce does leave the club 

If Bruce is not fired, I will be very dissapointed, we need a change, we need to start being smarter about what we are doing. And if we are to be stuck in this division, then we may aswell entertain a bit at least. As I expected would happen when we hired Bruce, we are still stuck with a massive overpaid and aging squad, when we should have been working harder on trimming the squad adding potentials instead of aging players, we have ridicules few players that are worth anything. We need to look long term now, as we have tried the short term a billion times and surprise, it still does not work. We need to buy players that will improve instead of decline and we need, as many people have stated, to get a playing style and buy players that fit that style. As we are Aston Villa, the biggest team in the league, we need to be the ones attacking, the other teams should be adjusting to us, not us adjusting to them. I disliked Bruce a lot before he joined us, I can now proudly say I only dislike him as a manager, as he seems a nice guy who really did try his best and has gone through a lot this season. But we need to move on. 

The pain from Saturday is terrible, never felt so low after a game before. incredible how since I have been "old" enough to properly support Villa, how often we have disapointed, the only thing I have ever had to cheer was winning semi finals and then failing at the last hurdle (born 89, so have "seen" them win league cups, but too young to properly appreciate it) It is painful, failed to finish 4th when we had to, lost how many finals since 96? Should we continue to fail, I beg that we at least start entertaining just a bit. This club is such a boring mess. 

Also, Xia and co have stated all the time that they have plans for what would happen if we failed to get promoted, so surely Bruce would have been sacked straight away if they were planning on sacking him? 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Think of someone who has successfully promoted youth to a first team and u will have your next Villa manager.

Sir Alex?

11 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I

Also, Xia and co have stated all the time that they have plans for what would happen if we failed to get promoted, so surely Bruce would have been sacked straight away if they were planning on sacking him? 

They do have plan - it basically involves selling anyone whom a reasonable bid comes in for - and sourcing incoming players from Doncasters reserves 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

They do have plan - it basically involves selling anyone whom a reasonable bid comes in for - and sourcing incoming players from Doncasters reserves 

Can we get that Geezer from One Direction? Maybe we could employ Gabby to batter him daily. 

Â