Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wonder if Xia's statement and the swift no offer for Terry - are meant to send a downbeat message to Bruce so he quits 

I considered this too.

Have seen many of these gentle "push" tactics with managers in the past.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wonder if Xia's statement and the swift no offer for Terry - are meant to send a downbeat message to Bruce so he quits 

Maybe we're giving Bruce a small amount of time to find another club. Potentially best for both parties. Saves us a small amount of PR shite by not having a manager resign, and would also work out well for Bruce not having a sacking on his CV. Plus, maybe it would mean no financial impact if he left for another club.

Image result for the king of wishful thinking

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Maybe we're giving Bruce a small amount of time to find another club. Potentially best for both parties. Saves us a small amount of PR shite by not having a manager resign, and would also work out well for Bruce not having a sacking on his CV. Plus, maybe it would mean no financial impact if he left for another club.

Image result for the king of wishful thinking

We might actually get compensation from Leeds !  

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

We can't afford to pay off his contract so he won't be sacked.

He’s on a 1 year rolling contract - of course we can pay him a years pay .

it will be a mutual decision - he won’t be sacked 

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We can't afford to pay off his contract so he won't be sacked.

He'll cost the same amount to get rid of now or in a year or in 10 years.

I'd say it's more a case of we can't afford to keep him.

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Kevin McDonald ?

When did he ever promote youth to a first team.  Any time i saw him take over Villa's first team they were the worst i ever saw.

Anyone know what Bruce is reported to earn at Villa? Must be quite a bit otherwise he wouldn't have joined. If we have to somehow raise £40m surely getting a manager who is earning a chunk less than Bruce will be one of the first things we do.

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Anyone know what Bruce is reported to earn at Villa? Must be quite a bit otherwise he wouldn't have joined. If we have to somehow raise £40m surely getting a manager who is earning a chunk less than Bruce will be one of the first things we do.

Think its £1.5m pa

So your boss makes a public announcement that the company needs big change and have been making wrong decisions for 10 years. He then thanks you for all your hard work. 

Would you?

A. Think great the boss thinks I’m working hard, let’s spend the weekend going round the car showrooms. 

Or

B. Think oh shit I’m a senior manager in a company that the boss thinks has been failing, better start checking the jobs columns. 

Answers on a post card...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

if you get rid of Bruce you have to pay off all the back room staff too so it's not just his wages you need to worry about.

True, but he's on a rolling 12 month deal so we will probably have to at some point. Doesn't really matter if that's now or in 3 years. The only thing that will be impacted is the lack of a long term plan at our club.

30 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

FWIW Football Manager has him on €35k/w so about €1.8m/year.

It's just a game but they are usually pretty close to the numbers.

Â