Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

I can honestly see where you're coming from, tuesday against QPR was completely inexcusable but today i felt there was a lot of factors and ultimately we were unlucky not to get anything. i can't see any of the teams in play offs beating us over 2 legs and the result against wolves proves we can do it in a big game so no reason we couldn't win at wembley. We do need to stay behind the manager and his team though.

I cant see it myself. We have given up just pathetic displays and no fight.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not out of order, but it's pretty ridiculous.  Even with these 2 losses, we've picked up 31 points out of a possible 42.  That's great form.

After beating Wolves, we were challenging for automatic promotion... and now, suddenly, Bruce is utter turd and we're not going up. Crazy.

Do you honestly believe - we were chasing second ? As much as I care to dream - for me play offs have been the more achievable aim 

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Do you honestly believe - we were chasing second ? As much as I care to dream - for me play offs have been the more achievable aim 

After the Wolves win, we could have definitely finished 2nd.

Now, I think we'll fall short.  Cardiff do have a tougher run than us, though.

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

It’s too soon to be calling for his head again, so soon after a terrific run of games, but the last two games have reminded us just how poor a tactician and in-game manager he is. 

This, this, this 

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not out of order, but it's pretty ridiculous.  Even with these 2 losses, we've picked up 31 points out of a possible 42.  That's great form.

After beating Wolves, we were challenging for automatic promotion... and now, suddenly, Bruce is utter turd and we're not going up. Crazy.

How is it crazy? Automatic promotion is going to be incredibly difficult, likewise with the playoffs. Don't think its crazy to not be fully confident of going up. Also Bruce has been underperforming for the season, again hardly crazy that he is criticised when losing back to back games and sitting in 4th.

Think you're going a bit OTT

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

After the Wolves win, we could have definitely finished 2nd.

Now, I think we'll fall short.  Cardiff do have a tougher run than us, though.

This is my slight glimmer of hope on the auto spot. We have to hope Cardiff drop points over next few games and we gain over next few games to leave us within striking distance by the time we meet. We have to win every game from here on in though. It seems very unlikely at this moment in time though.

12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s exactly like those of us called it months ago said. The squad is good enough to win the league but Bruce holds us back with his failings. 

Anybody who wants him here if we don’t get promoted needs their head examined,

FYP.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I think the last two years are going to prove to have been a complete waste of time sadly.

What was you expecting......Mary Poppins?

A click of the fingers and pow......we are Man City.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

It’s too soon to be calling for his head again, so soon after a terrific run of games, but the last two games have reminded us just how poor a tactician and in-game manager he is. 

This, this, this 

• Like 1

Never before have I been so conflicted with a manager. I genuinely like the bloke and think he really wants the best for the club but he is so frustrating. We’ve had a good run but it started with him using a team, formation and tactics that he was forced into rather than choosing to use. That says a lot. But on the other hand you can’t just say none of our recent good fortune was down to Bruce, he has to be given some credit as it can’t be all his fault when we lose then none of his when we win.

I teeter between thinking he has got the cogs working in motion to then thinking maybe it was all a bit of planets aligning kind of thing. The last two results and the nature of half our performances this year (victories and defeats) has me **** fuming but I know it can’t all be Steve’s fault but his tactics and substitutions are mind numbingly stupid and defeatist at times.

I really don’t know how I feel about Bruce and by extension Bruce’s Villa. As much as I don’t like him Warnock would have had us in a better position but it’s easy to say that when he isn’t here and by just looking at cardiff. But I do believe he would have us firing with no room for complacency.

I know it sounds silly to say considering we are 4th in the league, had a recent good run and are certs for the play offs but as much as I want Bruce to do well he just isn’t quite doing it for me. We need more from him. He’s done ok but we need a lot better. 

I’d understand if he stays beyond this season but I just don’t think it’s quite going to happen with him here. I do think he has bought us a lot of positives - stability, great squad, a more positive atmosphere and positive team attitude compared to the negative malaise that stunk the place out for so long but these positive changes bring with them a change in expectation. You can only say that if we don’t go up you can only look at it as a failure. 

Im not a ‘Bruce outer’ but I’m not bothered about keeping him either based on his time here. As ive said, I like the bloke but I know in my heart and head that we need better, more clinical and more decisive than Bruce to complete our objectives. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

What was you expecting......Mary Poppins?

A click of the fingers and pow......we are Man City.

He has a genuine point TRO - are you totally convinced we would beat Fulham in a play off final ? I'm not and whether you then like it or not - his time here could be considered a waste of - given his remit was to get promotion imo  in either of his two seasons here 

• Like 1

Here's my worry - I'm confident we will make it to the playoffs. However, I'm not confident we mill make it through. Then, we have no option but to sack Steve Bruce. No argument, he had one job and he will have failed.

However, West Brom had been relegated two weeks previously and Dean Smith will have been confirmed as their new manager.

In essence we will have missed out on both accounts

• Like 1

Â