Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not so sure. We got into 2nd and immediately **** it up. We beat the league leaders and then immediately **** it up. 

I don't have much faith that we can do it for 3 consecutive games against other top 6 teams.  

I put these defeats more on the players tbh - particularly against Q.P.R.

He's the type of manager that will organise a team and get them motivated for big games - which will be handy in the playoffs.  We've a very experienced team.  Obviously it's not a certainty or anywhere near that, but Bruce is a decent bet IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, thabucks said:

He should of gone long ago in my eyes as to me it is blatantly obvious he is incapable of building a team. He hits these purple patches of good results shit performances then patches of shit results shit performances. Common denominator being we are painful to watch 80% of the time.

It's very easy to get carried away when results go well or bad. But as I said in the match thread it was obvious to me his limitatations a year ago and I've wanted him out ever since. 

He's an extremely limited manager and nothing has changed since last season.

He's still incapable of making big calls and getting the best out of the squad he has.

We may as well be mid table because we won't be going up through the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Bruce is under pressure again so it'll be time to dig at the fans again. 

The fans are having digs at him after picking up 31 points from a possible 42.  We've just been unlucky in that Cardiff are in blinding form too.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

On your own mate

We aint going up with thee bottlers. They cant game the pressure.  The play offs are 100x more pressure.

They will bottle it in 99.9% certain of that. Bruce is massive underachieving

I can honestly see where you're coming from, tuesday against QPR was completely inexcusable but today i felt there was a lot of factors and ultimately we were unlucky not to get anything. i can't see any of the teams in play offs beating us over 2 legs and the result against wolves proves we can do it in a big game so no reason we couldn't win at wembley. We do need to stay behind the manager and his team though.

It’s too soon to be calling for his head again, so soon after a terrific run of games, but the last two games have reminded us just how poor a tactician and in-game manager he is. 

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

The fans are having digs at him after picking up 31 points from a possible 42.  We've just been unlucky in that Cardiff are in blinding form too.

What fans? Is he a baby or a football manager? If he can't handle the pressure, he can **** off.

1 minute ago, Dick said:

What fans? Is he a baby or a football manager? If he can't handle the pressure, he can **** off.

I have no idea what the **** you're on about here.

If fans are having a pop at him after that run of form, he's fully entitled to have a pop back.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But its not about just a run of games. Its a season and his aim was top 2. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He'll be gone if we don't go up.

And it's definitely the playoffs now.  Interestingly, I think Bruce is made for playoff situations.

On a serious note - what makes you think this is the case ? Do any of us really believe Bruce is a tactics manager  Does he out think other managers?  Or are you basing your opinion on Bruce being a Kevin Keegan type manager who uses motivational qualities more so ? And this might be more beneficial in a play off scenario?

Just now, DCJonah said:

But its not about just a run of games. Its a season and his aim was top 2. 

So we should have just given him digs all season long, aside from when we were briefly in the top 2?

Our aim is promotion tbh.  Whether it's finishing 6th and winning the playoffs or finishing top 2, it doesn't particularly matter.  As I said earlier, if it doesn't happen, he'll be gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

On a serious note - what makes you think this is the case ? Do any of us really believe Bruce is a tactics manager  Does he out think other managers?  Or are you basing your opinion on Bruce being a Kevin Keegan type manager who uses motivational qualities more so ? And this might be more beneficial in a play off scenario?

Already responded to Jonah, but basically the latter.

Just now, bobzy said:

If fans are having a pop at him after that run of form, he's fully entitled to have a pop back.

He has made mistakes two games in a row. Fans are entitled to question that, but.Bruce does not like to be questioned, we can only praise him. 

I wish my life was that easy that can make mistakes and expect only to be praised. 

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Some bizarre subs today, four strikers on the pitch at the end? Sherwood-esque.

Totally agree, completely lost any kind of foothold in the midfield. Hourihane was poor but swapping him for RHM was strange. 

In the end we had 4 strikers but no-one to get the ball into them as Snodgrass and Adomah were off and Jack was going so deep to get the ball he became ineffective.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Back to back losses to QPR and Bolton. Fans deserve a pop. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Â