Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

22 hours ago, Dave J said:

Well that's your opinion which of course you are entitled to hold.

That would be plain foley in my opinion TRO - if he does not deliver the goods this season - on what basis does he deserve to stay - ? I don't want us lingering around this league for a moment longer than necessary - despite us doing well at this moment and I won't be taking anything away from all concerned - SB just does not inspire me to the point that makes me feel he can take the club forwards and back to where we want to be.

Quite, sack him and get someone in with a proven track record of getting teams promoted out of the championship.

Ahhh... :huh:

38 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Quite, sack him and get someone in with a proven track record of getting teams promoted out of the championship.

Ahhh... :huh:

Or we do nothing and end up like Leeds, Sheff Wednesday and such like ?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dave J said:

leeds change their manager every 5 minutes and that hasn't worked...

personally i think we should keep bruce regardless i think he's done a really good job with us, i always thought these next few years would be about stability. both clubs you mentioned both got relegated from this division, sunderland are going down again, it's not an easy division and i feel with someone else in charge who doesn't know the league in and out it would be a lot worse. just look back to where we were with di matteo...

36 minutes ago, Dave J said:

That old chestnut about his promotion record. How many premier title's has Wenger won ? When was the last time ? It will be somewhat ironic if he fails with us, considering the money and talent on offer.

Nothing is certain, that's for sure.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

24 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

personally i think we should keep bruce regardless i think he's done a really good job with us, i always thought these next few years would be about stability. both clubs you mentioned both got relegated from this division, sunderland are going down again, it's not an easy division and i feel with someone else in charge who doesn't know the league in and out it would be a lot worse. just look back to where we were with di matteo...

Didn't Di Matteo achieve promotion with the Baggies ?

48 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Precisely! Wednesday have hardly been the model of managerial stability either!

Think @Dave J‘s comment was one of the more wacky contributions to this debate!

33 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Didn't Di Matteo achieve promotion with the Baggies ?

yeah, came second i think. i wouldn't have called him an experienced championship manager though. part of the reason how we ended up in the relegation zone with him...

20 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

yeah, came second i think. i wouldn't have called him an experienced championship manager though. part of the reason how we ended up in the relegation zone with him...

Wagner wasn't but took Huddersfield up, which kind of proves, there's no certainties in this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Precisely! Wednesday have hardly been the model of managerial stability either!

Think @Dave J‘s comment was one of the more wacky contributions to this debate!

No - my point is quite simply by hanging onto Bruce if we fail to gain promotion this year - could lead to years in the wilderness & and a revolving door just Like Leeds/Wednesday - something I personally wish to avoid ! - if we fail he goes in my view 

Just now, Dave J said:

No - my point is quite simply by hanging onto Bruce if we fail to gain promotion this year - could lead to years in the wilderness & and a revolving door just Like Leeds/Wednesday - something I personally wish to avoid ! - if we fail he goes in my view 

Yeh, there’s a match on right now, aren’t you watching that rather than obesssing about sacking Steve Bruce?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Yeh, there’s a match on right now, aren’t you watching that rather than obesssing about sacking Steve Bruce?

Obsessing over what’s been posted in the Steve Bruce thread is fine though? ^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

You're obsessing over fans questioning Bruce, which is worse.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, andym said:

He should be sacked, because it will be an absolute failure given the players he has had available to him.

He shouldn't even be allowed into the changing room after the game that confirms that.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

And you're doing what? Did you really just post this?

Edited by Dave J
  • Thanks 1

Â