Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

its like a virus on a computer something is affecting all the programmes, but unsure what.

I have a suspicion Midfield is affecting  the front and the back....but until we fix it, its hard to know.

it sounds like it will have to be trial & error.

• Like 1

I was at Norwich on Tuesday and we kept getting Grealish,Amavi & Kodjia in a small area on the left wing leaving no outlet

inside for the attack. Time after time passing it between them going nowhere we eventually lost it leaving a big hole in the left back area

which Norwich players exposed. No-one covers his position & no-one gives a passing option for tha attack inside. Kodjia simply has to play

more centrally to give a balance to the attack. Agbonlahor just adds nothing and we have to play a mobile link in midfield. Jedinak is

great at his job but we have to get a runner next to him ( Tishbola is all i can come up with presently). This position is crucial to the balance

of the whole team and must be addressed in January. No.1 Priority over everything else.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I get triggered by all these calls for Bacuna in midfield. All it takes is a spell out of the team and boom, you're like a brand new signing.

Or like an old signing which whilst not the best is better than the shite currently occupying the positions?

Dear Santa Steve,

Please, dont pick Hutton, Westwood, Gardner or Flaby ever again. They are all shit.

Please play Bacuna, Tish instead of AH & AW

Try 3 @ the back if you want Bacuna in MF (Elphick, Chester & Baker)

Please dont clutter up the left, Allow Amavi space.

Please play Grealish & McC in the creative positions and let Adomah loose on the left and Kodjia through the middle.

Please tell your boss upstairs that you want the following positions covered in the transfer window.

GK Backup or PL standard

RB Ch/PL standard

CB capable of playing LRC in a back 3/4

DM competetion for Jedi and/or injury/suspension cover

2 CM'

LW

CF

Thanx

Merry Xmas

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I get triggered by all these calls for Bacuna in midfield. All it takes is a spell out of the team and boom, you're like a brand new signing.

its funny, but true.:)

but SB may have little else option.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

its funny, but true.:)

but SB may have little else option.

To be fair he'd done well in there, I don't like the Gardner abuse as he's shown in a 3 he can do a job with Bruce's 4-3-3. The midfield is obviously a problem and Bruce for me got it wrong against Norwich, the best defence is having possession of the ball and we just could not keep hold of it for love nor money against them. The biggest worry was just how easily we gave it away, it means we don't have the capacity to control a game. Bruce knows it though I think he played in United sides that could kill a game at 1-0 up for years, hopefully he can see a way for us to improve. Whether that means January shopping or not. We need a fix quickly though.

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

To be fair he'd done well in there, I don't like the Gardner abuse as he's shown in a 3 he can do a job with Bruce's 4-3-3. The midfield is obviously a problem and Bruce for me got it wrong against Norwich, the best defence is having possession of the ball and we just could not keep hold of it for love nor money against them. The biggest worry was just how easily we gave it away, it means we don't have the capacity to control a game. Bruce knows it though I think he played in United sides that could kill a game at 1-0 up for years, hopefully he can see a way for us to improve. Whether that means January shopping or not. We need a fix quickly though.

But I can't remember a game in recent times  when we have had 3 midfielders "at it" at the same time.

I think that is a real problem.

it seems like they work in shifts," your turn to play today, I'll have the day off"

Edited by TRO

Its taken Pulis time to transform a team like Albion who were renowned for a soft underbelly and a fan base who could only bitch for"show pony football" perhaps a legacy from days of the 3 degrees....perhaps they can appreciate what he is doing now.

Steve has a similar challenge and he will get it right in time.

I think QPR is a big game for Bruce and a bit of a first test for him. After Tuesday he has to get a reaction from the players and a much improved performance. We have had a tough run of away games under him so far with everyone against teams in the top 8. The game Sunday though is against a side struggling having lost their last 4. It won’t be easy but there is no doubt that we have the far superior squad despite its obvious deficiencies and it is down to the manager to pick the players, get the best out of them and get three points.

We can’t rely on our home form if we are to mount a challenge for top 6. Come kick off on Sunday we could be 10 points adrift of sixth. We have to go all out for the three points as otherwise a good start under Bruce and increased optimism could soon diminish.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Bacuna has looked our best option at right back, and one of the best options in midfield this season though which is why people want him back in the side.

Bacuna over Hutton or Westwood every day of the week for me. Granted he's not the greatest player in the world but currently he's one of the better players we have in those positions.

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think QPR is a big game for Bruce and a bit of a first test for him. After Tuesday he has to get a reaction from the players and a much improved performance. We have had a tough run of away games under him so far with everyone against teams in the top 8. The game Sunday though is against a side struggling having lost their last 4. It won’t be easy but there is no doubt that we have the far superior squad despite its obvious deficiencies and it is down to the manager to pick the players, get the best out of them and get three points.

We can’t rely on our home form if we are to mount a challenge for top 6. Come kick off on Sunday we could be 10 points adrift of sixth. We have to go all out for the three points as otherwise a good start under Bruce and increased optimism could soon diminish.

Agreed. In a way this is a 'make or break' kind of match for him. That's not to say we can't recover should we loose, but it's certainly not gonna be easy in that case. I fully expect to see a much rejuvenated side come out all guns blazing, and handily take home the 3 points. 

• Like 1

On 15/12/2016 at 13:35, Keyblade said:

To be fair to Bacuna it was his desire from midfield that got us the result at Reading. He's not good enough but can create. Don't see why Bruce don't try him RB which I think is his best position. Sundays team is a biggy after slagging the players so much. Only 3/4 deserve a place for me. 

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

It shows how barmy this league is beat Norwich and we are touching playoffs 2 defeats and back to square one!! 

• Like 1

Â