Lee Cattermole- £6m
Michael Turner- £4m
Matthew Killgallon- £2m
Simon Mignolet- £2.5m
Marcos Angelari- £2.5m
Titus Bramble- £1m
Asamoah Gyan- £13.25m
Stephane Sessegnon- £6m

Not loads in the grand scheme of things i guess with only 2 signings over 10 million, There were also a bunch of other free transfers & loans.

The one concerning thing i guess is that Cana, Bent, Gyan, Killgallon, Angelari had all left again within a little over 12 months of signing and the rest of them went the year he left

To be fair to him there are some reasonably good players in that list.

Note I said reasonably good.......not world beaters!

20 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I have nothing to say.

I'm content.

What now?

Its the worry of waiting for it to change......oh hold on a minute....no I'm not having that( talking to my self) off to celebrate until Saturday hold my breath for 90 minutes, then hopefully start my celebrations until the next match....I think I have this retirement lark cracked now.:)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Sessegnon, Gyan, Bent, Cattlemole and Mignolet were all great signings for Sunderland. Seems as though when he spent big, he spent well.

Indeed. It seems like his main problem has been spending big and struggling to hold onto them,  which is not the Aston Villa way at all.  We are more about spending big and then struggling to get rid of the disaster areas we have bought into. 

I would rather have the former problem! 

• Like 2

think psychological side of our performances are being slightly overlooked at moment. a crucial one for me is that the latest we conceded under Bruce is 72nd minute compared to RDM when we were throwing away goals regularly in last 10 minutes

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

think psychological side of our performances are being slightly overlooked at moment. a crucial one for me is that the latest we conceded under Bruce is 72nd minute compared to RDM when we were throwing away goals regularly in last 10 minutes

That could also be fitness.  It's bound to happen the weekend now!

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

That could also be fitness.  It's bound to happen the weekend now!

That quickly though? Pretty much as soon as he came in the late goals just stopped. I do think psychology plays a big part in it. Not only did we know that we'd concede late under RDM but the players probably knew it as well and that affects performances.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

We did appoint a new sport psychologist just before Steve Bruce was appointed. I'm surprised this hasn't been spoken about more.

Baker being out is a huge blow for us. I never thought I'd say that but I think he's integral to our back four now.

Not going to write off Elphick but we will miss the height that Baker brings.

Ross i'm not too fussed about, doesn't really fit in anyway, would rather play Jack.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Baker being out is a huge blow for us. I never thought I'd say that but I think he's integral to our back four now.

Not going to write off Elphick but we will miss the height that Baker brings.

Ross i'm not too fussed about, doesn't really fit in anyway, would rather play Jack.

He is commanding in the air, thats what I like about him...i.e Laursen, Mellberg.....he is definately getting better.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, brommy said:

"Facebook Live! Is he ready?"  :D

Maybe its just because I don't really pay much attention to other teams managers, but i never really had Bruce down as being a particularly witty bloke. He seems like a really decent bloke. 

On ‎30‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 17:19, TRO said:

Its the worry of waiting for it to change......oh hold on a minute....no I'm not having that( talking to my self) off to celebrate until Saturday hold my breath for 90 minutes, then hopefully start my celebrations until the next match....I think I have this retirement lark cracked now.:)

You're right TRO - one loss and I'm back to worrying.. :)

Newcastle have just lost 2 on the bounce and many observers have them wrapping the up title by about March. Whilst the quality of the league isnt particularly high i think its competitive, mainly due to the number of games. So i think it's highly likely that we will have a mini wobble at some point, i hope everyone stays behind the manager when we do. 

Â