Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The Warnock quote in that article is hilarious. They should have been down to 10men in the first half, can't believe how many fouls they got away with.

Yep, the ref was crap. They kicked lumps out of Grealish and had more thn one player who could have been sent off.

Also, every time the ball went up to Kodjia they were climbing all over him and I don't think the ref gave a free kick against them all day.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, the ref was crap. They kicked lumps out of Grealish and had more thn one player who could have been sent off.

Also, every time the ball went up to Kodjia they were climbing all over him and I don't think the ref gave a free kick against them all day.

The number of times you could clearly see an arm all across his chest preventing him from jumping or moving was amazing and the ref not once punished them. Shocking really. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Bruce will have heard Tonys plans and at the back of his head have thought he was unlikely to be manager once we go up. SB knows his level.

What?? SB knows his level...... can you explain this one to me please. Id love to know how a guy that almost managed England (an arguably would have done a very good job) knows his level is in the championship. So on the day we get promoted you envisage him resigning because he has heard Tony's plans and knows its above his level to achieve them.....

• Like 2

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 07:10, Richard said:

One of the benefits for me, and I'm guessing not many will think it is a huge benefit but I do, is that the reaction to Steve Bruce by the fans should finally put to bed the utter tripe of the media that we didn't like mcleish because he used to manage sha 

A ginger scot who managed the scum.... I'm pretty sure he has no friends either..... poor fella

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Bruce will have heard Tonys plans and at the back of his head have thought he was unlikely to be manager once we go up. SB knows his level.

As I said when he was hired, if he earns us promotion we are not going to turn around and sack him for that. 

He will have earned his chance to take the first season. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

I think that's a ridiculous suggestion I am afraid mate. If he gets up us he deserves to try keep us there.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think that's a ridiculous suggestion I am afraid mate. If he gets up us he deserves to try keep us there.

The aim will be to kick on with financial backing and I see no reason why Bruce shouldn't be given that opportunity - managing a financially strong villa is far different to trying to keep hull and Sunderland and blues up on a shoestring - id back Bruce to do a good job long term here .

• Like 3

Bruce has previously performed far better in the Championship than he has in the Prem, which I think is the point @Jareth was trying to make, which is true.

That said, he will have earned a tilt at leading us under Xia's plans for world domination when he does get us up.

I do disagree that he knows his level is not where we're going though. If the FA came knocking, i doubt he'd turn them down, considering himself to be a championship standard manager. I bet he's licking his lips at the prospect of being given the opportunity to build a European standard football team.

2 minutes ago, Godders said:

Bruce has previously performed far better in the Championship than he has in the Prem, which I think is the point @Jareth was trying to make, which is true.

That said, he will have earned a tilt at leading us under Xia's plans for world domination when he does get us up.

I do disagree that he knows his level is not where we're going though. If the FA came knocking, i doubt he'd turn them down, considering himself to be a championship standard manager. I bet he's licking his lips at the prospect of being given the opportunity to build a European standard football team.

I have no doubts if Bruce takes us up and performs as he has they will come once Southgate fails at the World Cup (which he will) also the fact that he is on a rolling contract also little compo that will appeal to the FA

Problems start for Bruce when he needs to sign a striker. Hopefully we have so many on our books that won't be for a while.

Unbeaten in 7 - and he hasn't mentioned 'Ethos' or 'Culture' once. - well done that man.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

What?? SB knows his level...... can you explain this one to me please. Id love to know how a guy that almost managed England (an arguably would have done a very good job) knows his level is in the championship. So on the day we get promoted you envisage him resigning because he has heard Tony's plans and knows its above his level to achieve them.....

Blargh, two bottles of vino and no dinner equals rubbish posts. On a more sober note I think I was reflecting on the fact that SB if he gets us up will be mr 5 promotions - and having signed a rolling contract with Xia it will be very easy for him to be moved aside and swapped for something sexier to a chinese audience. The bit about him knowing his level is that he knows he is good at the championship and getting out of it - what he doesn't have is a great deal of glory in the prem - doesn't mean he can't establish himself with Xia's backing but a lot depends on Xia's ambition and whether he thinks SB is the man for him once we go up. My own thoughts are that Tony is an ambitious and ruthless mofo. I love SB BTW. 

• Like 1

Â