Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

When we're in greta form, why go so defensive and negative? Go at them rather than playing for the draw.

Disappointing.

Yep. Confidence sky high and we play a CF in there to defend set pieces and leave out a player whose been influential in recent games. 

Got it wrong today, it happens.

I liked the high pressing at the start of the game, but other than that it was disappointing.

Hopefully he's seen enough of Gestede after today.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. Confidence sky high and we play a CF in there to defend set pieces and leave out a player whose been influential in recent games. 

Which player is that? If it's Grealish, he seemingly wasn't fit to play 90 minutes. 

• Like 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Which player is that? If it's Grealish, he seemingly wasn't fit to play 90 minutes. 

Ill plus collided with Bunn in training.  It's not a criticism to have him on the bench, if Grealish is the player being referred to.

I think the plan was to press and harry them having played a game midweek and then bring on Jack/Ayew/Gabby to run at a tired defence. 

Probably a sound enough idea but our players just didn't play terribly well and Leeds did not really fade,  in fact they got stronger which is of great credit to them.  But I can see Bruce's thinking and don't think it was too far askew. 

Got to face a smug Leeds fan on Monday now :angry:

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

The early tactics actually worked though, what I can't understand is why you take off adomah who looked the most threatening player on the pitch.

He was struggling from a knock.  I thought he was going to be taken off straight away when he was hobbling around a bit. 

• Like 2

what worries me the most is that whilst we don't concede many goals, we always seem to at least concede on. Only one clean sheet since Bruce arrived and only 4 for the entire season. We play negative football, which means we HAVE to be able to keep clean sheets, as we are terrible in attack. 

Â