Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

You can talk about team selection being wrong after any defeat....it can be a cop out.

We were out muscled out fought and closed down....we wasn't allowed to forge many attacks and when we did we looked uncomfortable with the physicality of the opposition.

I think you could have picked any formation from our squad and the result would have been the same.

also you can't legislate for individual poor decision making....they rattled us physically and we wasn't able to settle and when we did have chances we lacked composure mainly due to the aforementioned.

Steve is only just here.....he has much to do, but he will do it.

Ps However I think our lads did work hard

Edited by TRO

I still think something isn't quite right up front. The amount of money we have spent and the calibre of players in this league we are simply not scoring enough. The interplay between whichever options we pick just looks laboured. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I still think something isn't quite right up front. The amount of money we have spent and the calibre of players in this league we are simply not scoring enough. The interplay between whichever options we pick just looks laboured. 

There is a difference in spending lots of money and spending lots of money on quality players.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

There is a difference in spending lots of money and spending lots of money on quality players.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the calibre of players either. I Just don't think they play well together. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with the calibre of players either. I Just don't think they play well together. 

Exactly but then they were put together by a guy who seemingly had no idea of how he was going to use the players he was signing. Di Matteo's idea of a plan was but as many high scoring strikers from the Championship as he could then shoehorn them all in the team.

• Like 1

I thought we set up well today and looked like we had a game plan.  It didn't come off but I was very impressed with Leeds.  

Such is the Championship though.  You'll always get the odd shit result/performance no matter who you are.  What matters is how we approach next weeks game.  

• Like 2

You can get by with a poor midfield when you play teams who are inferior to you.

when you play teams like Leeds who are big and powerful....you can't get away with it.....they stifled us we missed good opportunities and the goal keeper looks iffy.

our strikers need to bully the opposition more too.....goals are not always on a plate.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

You can talk about team selection being wrong after any defeat....it can be a cop out.

We were out muscled out fought and closed down....we wasn't allowed to forge many attacks and when we did we looked uncomfortable with the physicality of the opposition.

I think you could have picked any formation from our squad and the result would have been the same.

also you can't legislate for individual poor decision making....they rattled us physically and we wasn't able to settle and when we did have chances we lacked composure mainly due to the aforementioned.

Steve is only just here.....he has much to do, but he will do it.

Ps However I think our lads did work hard

Not for me, I thought we almost totally stopped Leeds playing for much of the game, our pressing was excellent.  until they scored I thought only one Team was going to win it, and even afterwards I always felt we would get back in it.  It only really went pear shaped when we had to go all out for 10 minutes, and failed to put any convincing play together.

Play like that Away and most weeks we will get a Point as a minimum.

Sooner or later though we need to work out how to create more real chances - wont need to be much more, because I don't see us conceding many, but needs to be more than at present.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think he needs to play Kodger up top as he's the most dangerous out of our top 4 then 2 decent wingers

SB has done great so far

We have holes in the first 11 and he can only work with what he's got.

He's been excellent at setting us up to hide our weaknesses and fruit our strengths.

When you have to select Hutton, Westwood, Gardner, Gaby or Gestede to make up the 11. Unless everything goes according to plan and the opposition doesn't have the cuth to suss you out, we can get away with it.

Those Shit footballers drag down the likes of an inexperienced young GK, a slow CB, an ageing DM and an uncohesive front line.

If we could replace the shit with just average Ch players we'd be more than ok

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

We have a below average midfield.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

SB has done great so far

We have holes in the first 11 and he can only work with what he's got.

He's been excellent at setting us up to hide our weaknesses and fruit our strengths.

When you have to select Hutton, Westwood, Gardner, Gaby or Gestede to make up the 11. Unless everything goes according to plan and the opposition doesn't have the cuth to suss you out, we can get away with it.

Those Shit footballers drag down the likes of an inexperienced young GK, a slow CB, an ageing DM and an uncohesive front line.

If we could replace the shit with just average Ch players we'd be more than ok

You say those players are shit but most would get in most championship sides. They are decent enough at this level but just not performing. Espically gestede. He has been a massive disappointment for me this season. Regardless what division we are in come summer definitely think we should sell him

Another thing, whilst I am mainly happy with our defence we do not keep enough clean sheets for my liking. If we are going to concede at least one every game and we are not scoring huge amounts it will put press on us. 

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

The problem is none of them actually try to play together. Kodjia, Adomah and Ayew's first thought when they get the ball is head down and run with it. Ayew is especially guilty of this even in his own half. They don't try to link up. Not many clever one two's, no pass and quickly move into space. Maybe we need to give McCormack another go as he is different to that and will try to link play together.

I think Grealish is also essential now as the attacking midfielder and I don't now think it would reduce the solidity of the midfield as Grealish is now showing himself to be as good as Gardner and Westwood in terms of putting his foot in. I think had he have been fully fit Bruce would have started him yesterday as he wanted to press high up the pitch as shown by Gardner and Westwood on a number of occasions being the two players furthest forward. Had Grealsih been able to start I think the result could well have been different. I think he is becoming that important to us now.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Â