Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

One of the benefits for me, and I'm guessing not many will think it is a huge benefit but I do, is that the reaction to Steve Bruce by the fans should finally put to bed the utter tripe of the media that we didn't like mcleish because he used to manage sha 

Absolutely. The media also completely ignored the fact that during our last 2 managerial searches, Chris Hughton and Gary Rowett featured prominently in almost every fans survey. 

Hardly the actions of small minded fan base blinded to any quality that has passed through small heath. 

15 minutes ago, Richard said:

One of the benefits for me, and I'm guessing not many will think it is a huge benefit but I do, is that the reaction to Steve Bruce by the fans should finally put to bed the utter tripe of the media that we didn't like mcleish because he used to manage sha 

Rich, don't look back in anger....the people that matter knew it wasn't so.

Steve has only just got going.....long way to go......but what a start.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Richard said:

Absolutely. The reaction to McLeish was based on his crap record as a manager. Bruce has a really good record as a manager, particularly with clubs in our current predicament, so he was quite rightly welcomed as a good option for manager.

*Always excepting those who want him sacked for selecting Gabby. 

:trollface:

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

Impossible to argue against these results, even though I was against the appointment initially. I wouldn't say Bruce has won me over just yet, but it's happening.

I really don't like the inclusion of Gabby to the playing squad, but I suppose it makes sense with ACN coming and what not.

He's managed to change the mentality and instill some much needed grit to the squad. I still think the biggest challenge is ahead, he needs to get us playing even better, and seriously dominate these games, because we have surely have the squad for it. 

It's gonna be interesting to see how we handle the pressure going forward, because if we keep up this form, he's also gonna have to deal with the added expectations of a possible promotion. 

This is a brilliant post. More please.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Absolutely. The reaction to McLeish was based on his crap record as a manager. Bruce has a really good record as a manager, particularly with clubs in our current predicament, so he was quite rightly welcomed as a good option for manager

Much too logical for the media.

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

I still think the biggest challenge is ahead, he needs to get us playing even better, and seriously dominate these games, because we have surely have the squad for it. 

Whilst we have an embarrassment of riches in attack, I'm not sure are midfield is good enough to dominant games, even at this level. 

I think until that area of the pitch is addressed, i think our best bet is to work hard, stay organised, and hope our forwards keep doing what they do.

I ultimately agree with you going forward though. 2 good midfielders and i think our style of play would improve and we would be battering teams at this level. Its just a shame Bruce wasn't here in the summer when its much easier than January to get players in.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

It should.

But it won't.

5 hours ago, Richard said:

They have been strangely quiet in this regard.  Where are the daily reminders of the hate for him based on nothing more than utter hate and rejection purely because he previously managed a team nearby?

Edited by sidcow

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It only took about 10 managers but we finally got a new manager bounce :hooray:

TrentVilla when people talk of 'the new manager bounce'

angrymanlaptop_218075.jpg

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The job Steve Bruce has done so far us actually incrediBle. Even O Neil didn't start as well as Bruce has

As much as I'm happy with our results I'm not over estimating things. It's hardly Leicester winning the title stuff. We spent a fortune we have one of the better squads in this league , we are performing as one of the better teams . I'd also say Bruce has some pretty low comparisons , RDM, Garde., Sherwood , Black which can inflate the opinion of the job he is doing 

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We are mentally a lot stronger, better organised and far more ruthless, taking far more of our chances than under the shambolic RDM. 

Rdm actually brought in some good players in the summer but seemed totally clueless as to how to use them - Bruce has quickly got the best out of the team he inherited and sorted out the shambles left behind by rdm .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We are mentally a lot stronger, better organised and far more ruthless, taking far more of our chances than under the shambolic RDM. 

Yesterday was the first time in a long time that, at one goal up, I didn't fear conceding an equaliser.

• Like 1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-bruce-excited-mouth-watering-9348802

Steve Bruce excited by 'mouth-watering' plans for Aston Villa's future after talks with owner

Villa are now just four points off the top six after beating Cardiff and boss Bruce is looking up

Aston-Villa-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Champ Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce has restored the feel-good factor (Photo: Dave Thompson)

Steve Bruce discovered over a cuppa and a chat that Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia’s plans for the club are “mouth-watering”.

When the Geordie took over six weeks ago, Villa were in the bottom three. Now, 15 points later, they are in the top half, just four points off the top six and a famous old club is awash with optimism. but the plans he’s got going forward are quite remarkable really. He’s genuinely excited, it’s his club, he’s spent a lot of his hard-earned money to secure it.

“We had a 10-minute chat and a cup of tea and he’s been absolutely terrific – but when you win, it always helps everybody, especially the owner.”

Edited by tismyk

Â