Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, Dave J said:

Sorry I did not go to Wolves - I only saw the game on TV - maybe you saw something I did not? But they  look light years away from us p

That was one game at molineux. We did not play well that day at all. But its one game i mean QPR beat them doesnt mena they are better than wolves.

I would say yes they are better.  But miles ? Not for me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, terrytini said:

Ok. One more time.

Thats your OPINION.

I don’t share it.

Ok ?

Yes of course no issues at all with this- I always advocate it’s a forum and every view is welcome.

i remain surprised that you don’t think there is a chasm between us and Wolves - they completely out thought us, out footballed us, out ran us, in every single aspect of football they were miles ahead of us in my humble opinion.

but it’s a forum and so it’s all good :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Yes of course no issues at all with this- I always advocate it’s a forum and every view is welcome.

i remain surprised that you don’t think there is a chasm between us and Wolves - they completely out thought us, out footballed us, out ran us, in every single aspect of football they were miles ahead of us in my humble opinion.

but it’s a forum and so it’s all good :)

Bit of a miracle we managed to escape with just a 0-2 defeat then. Normally in a situation like you depict I’d expect at least a 6 or 7 goal margin for such a vastly superior side. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Bit of a miracle we managed to escape with just a 0-2 defeat then. Normally in a situation like you depict I’d expect at least a 6 or 7 goal margin for such a vastly superior side. 

It could have been a lot more imo 

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'd love Melberg to be manager one day . His love for this club is well documented . Brian Little had the same passion and he didn't do too bad for us. 

Couldn’t agree more. He was a great motivator while he was here and has made an excellent start in his first management job in Sweden with two successive promotions. 

However, I think it’s some way off before you would judge him to be at the level where he could successfully manage a Chanpionship or premier league club, so one for the longer term I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That was one game at molineux. We did not play well that day at all. But its one game i mean QPR beat them doesnt mena they are better than wolves.

I would say yes they are better.  But miles ? Not for me.

The differences between Villa and Wolves are imo down to the managers. If Santos was at the Villa the squad is plenty good enough to play every bit as well as Wolves do.

Conversely if Bruce was managing the current Wolves squad then I feel they would be playing the way Villa are now.

Sounds like I'm Bruce bashing but not really. It' just that Bruce and Santos like their teams to play in different ways with one more eye catching than the other but both still pretty effective at the moment.

It will be interesting to see if Wolves can keep playing the same way throughout the winter especially if injuries hit?

Reading between the lines of Bruce's quotes in the media, our manager doesn't think so although Bournemouth didn't do too badly.

• Like 1

To think we could have had Dean Smith in if alot of fans have had their way.  I'll admit i didnt want him around before our form changed but could never understand the love in with an unproven manager such as Dean Smith, Villa fan or no Villa fan.  May have potential yes, but was to big a risk.

It's times like this I glance at Everton, who spent £60m net this summer and West Ham, who spent £30m. 

I think people need to be careful what they wish for.  Some people would have killed to have Bilic or Koeman in charge.

Sometimes, you just need someone who, whilst not being "sexy", will do a good enough job to get the job done. 

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Couldn’t agree more. He was a great motivator while he was here and has made an excellent start in his first management job in Sweden with two successive promotions. 

However, I think it’s some way off before you would judge him to be at the level where he could successfully manage a Chanpionship or premier league club, so one for the longer term I guess.

However, if he arrived here in England and managed a lower division team first to get a couple of years experience under his belt before coming to us that would be suitable. Maybe a promotion or 2 as well? I.e David Wagner, John Gregory etc.

Would love to see him manage Villa, but only when it was right for both.

I would hate for it to be a disaster season with Olof at the helm.

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

However, if he arrived here in England and managed a lower division team first to get a couple of years experience under his belt before coming to us that would be suitable. Maybe a promotion or 2 as well? I.e David Wagner, John Gregory etc.

although the atmosphere would be considerably less evil if we have 'one of our own' as manager and things started poorly

True. He would have a massive allowance factor as he is God after all.

Interesting point you raise though.

Would we still stand by him and keep him as manager if that scenario where to ever unfold?

I think I prob would allow him to put it right most definately.

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We are a lower division team.

He won't come over here to manage in the bush leagues just to learn English football when he can get a top job in Sweden or Denmark and manage in Europe with much better players.

He's played in Sweden, Denmark, Spain, England, Italy and Greece, doubt there is anything he will learn by coaching semi-pros in Scunthorpe for a season or 2.

But I do agree it's a job or so too early for him yet.

Anyway Bruce is going nowhere until earliest this summer.

Just now, sne said:

We are a lower division team.

He won't come over here to manage in the bush leagues just to learn English football when he can get a top job in Sweden or Denmark and manage in Europe with much better players.

He's played in Sweden, Denmark, Spain, England, Italy and Greece, doubt there is anything he will learn by coaching semi-pros in Scunthorpe for a season or 2.

But I do agree it's a job or so too early for him yet.

Anyway Bruce is going nowhere until earliest this summer.

I meant by the time he comes to manage us we would ideally have been back in the premier league for atleast 2 seasons by then.

Every league is different. I would say what he is manager of now in their league is prob equivalent to our lge 1 here promoting to Championship

I agree we have Bruce until May atleast though.

• Like 1

Â