Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I disagree.....

• I don't think Nuno could get villa playing the way wolves are.....our players are not conducive to it.
  • I think you maybe be right about SB playing the same way at Wolves, but not sure on that either.

I don't think we could cope with the pace playing 3 at the back......and i don't think  we have the ability like wolves to run off the ball like they do.....their ball control is individually superior too.....they have more guile in their team.....we are more about resillience.

2 different set ups with 2 sets of players with different skill bias.

They have better movement and subsequently the ability to open teams up.

but its good to remember, they have been languishing in this division for years, with no idea how to get out.......factors come together and bingo.

for me, i think they have a decent manager, but moreover a bunch of players who emulate everything thats good in the latin game....

"The love of the ball"

You do realise that alot of things you factor in would also be down to the respective manager right?

More players who could cope with that "system" would be signed, and the players already at the the respective clubs with the potential to play in such a "system" would be integrated.

Bruce having Wolves playing the same way Nuno does is the stuff Hallucinogenic trips are made of.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I enjoyed how we played on Saturday.

I am usually bored by possession football.

Both get results when done well.

I see this season gradually developing what could be a very interesting sub plot of the relative merits of different approaches, and that can only be a good thing if it adds to the overall entertainment.

50 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I enjoyed how we played on Saturday.

I am usually bored by possession football.

Both get results when done well.

I see this season gradually developing what could be a very interesting sub plot of the relative merits of different approaches, and that can only be a good thing if it adds to the overall entertainment.

So in essence the "Villa Engine" coming together?

To be fair I wouldn't mind a combination of everything.

I love quick, counterattacking too.

Well, anyone willing to replace stevie baby, with dean smith will have second thoughts tonight.

leading 2-0 at loftus rd in injury time and finish 2-2.

lasse vibe scores 2 good goals.....but defence wow.

I'll keep Steve for now  thanks.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well, anyone willing to replace stevie baby, with dean smith will have second thoughts tonight.

leading 2-0 at loftus rd in injury time and finish 2-2.

lasse vibe scores 2 good goals.....but defence wow.

I'll keep Steve for now  thanks.

I'd still take Smith in a heartbeat. Think he'd piss this league with the squad we have. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You do realise that alot of things you factor in would also be down to the respective manager right?

More players who could cope with that "system" would be signed, and the players already at the the respective clubs with the potential to play in such a "system" would be integrated.

Bruce having Wolves playing the same way Nuno does is the stuff Hallucinogenic trips are made of.

I think you have misread my comment.....i didn't mean bruce playing the same as nuno at wolves, i meant the same as he does now.

however, i do think they have players better suited technically to the game they promote.

and its hypothetical anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

No big surprise there. I'm aware you think Bruce is our best shot at getting out of this division. I still disagree, but what do I know. I just hope you're right.

Thats not an epitomy of my thoughts at all......I have no idea where we will finish .

we have 27 games left, its a marathon.

i am just prepared to give respect to a guy who is having a go.

you talk as if we have the man city squad......where is the big money players in this present team....its a myth.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Absolutely, as he should be. The same would apply to Smith or whoever was in charge. I'd still take him over Bruce though.

Good for you.....glad you don't make the decisions.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you have misread my comment.....i didn't mean bruce playing the same as nuno at wolves, i meant the same as he does now.

however, i do think they have players better suited technically to the game they promote.

and its hypothetical anyway.

My apologies I realised after.

I merely skimmed the post and was feeling argumentative.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Listening to a group on the main event on sky talking about the teams in trouble in the Prem

• Everton
  • Albion

etc

I'm glad we have Steve Bruce.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

you talk as if we have the man city squad......where is the big money players in this present team....its a myth.

I'd say Terry, Chester, Kodjia, Taylor, Whelan, Snodgrass, Onomah, Hourihane, Hogan, RMC, and even Lansbury are big money players in this league. Perhaps not quite man cityesque, but man urelike for sure.

No other team down here come even close imho. 

• Like 2

Â