Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Oh gosh yes I am totally saying Bruce is not forward thinking imo - he is one of those managers that I personally put into yesterday’s category. If you can’t see that the Dingles are miles ahead of us - we’ll thats entirely up to you - I believe they are 

The difference is we started season poorly, 3 games without a win, even if we had won one of those we would be only 6 points ahead. That's not "mikes ahead" 

miles ahead to me is where Fulham are

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Well that’s a first Stevo 

No it's not.

I don't believe any posters on here have ever said that Steve Bruce is the man to get us back to the top 6 in the Premier League which is more or less where I think we'd all agree we should be.

Wanting Steve bruce to be our manager NOW does not mean you want him to be our manager FOREVER.

Steve Bruce is employed to get us back into the Premier League.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The difference is we started season poorly, 3 games without a win, even if we had won one of those we would be only 6 points ahead. That's not "mikes ahead" 

miles ahead to me is where Fulham are

Sorry I did not go to Wolves - I only saw the game on TV - maybe you saw something I did not? But they  look light years away from us p

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You could say the same regarding the managers, certainly on the evidence of our recent encounter with Wolves .

He is a much higher calibre of manager to be fair. Valencia and Porto are massive clubs. 

Edit: I'd guess he is on a lot more money as well. Get what you pay for and all that.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

No it's not.

I don't believe any posters on here have ever said that Steve Bruce is the man to get us back to the top 6 in the Premier League which is more or less where I think we'd all agree we should be.

Wanting Steve bruce to be our manager NOW does not mean you want him to be our manager FOREVER.

Steve Bruce is employed to get us back into the Premier League.

I meant that you possibly even agreed with something I posted - but never mind 

17 minutes ago, Dave J said:

With the very greatest of respect there is a chasm between us and Wolves - they have a forward thinking manager and quality running through their  team- trust me as a villan who grew up surrounded by Dingles this is not easy to admit but we are a million miles behind them. 

I think you mean YOU think there is a chasm. Doesn’t alter my view. :)

And it doesn’t alter the fact that results aren’t hugely different.

As for whether he is or isn’t a forward thinking Manager, that may or may not be true (I will judge him after more than 20 odd games myself) but doesn’t directly relate to my view.

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

I meant that you possibly even agreed with something I posted - but never mind 

Well I didn't agree with you really. Because you implied that I and others thought that Bruce WAS the man to lead us back to where we "should be", which isn't correct.

I think Steve Bruce can lead us to the Premier League. I can't see him taking us much further than that.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think anyone thinks Steve Bruce is the man to take Aston Villa to where we all believe we should be.

No, but i would like to know who is.

Just now, terrytini said:

I think you mean YOU think there is a chasm. Doesn’t alter my view. :)

And it doesn’t alter the fact that results aren’t hugely different.

As for whether he is or isn’t a forward thinking Manager, that may or may not be true (I will judge him after more than 20 odd games myself) but doesn’t directly relate to my view.

Oh no - there is a chasm all right - i’m Surprised you don’t see this - trust me you you have  no idea of my disliking of the Dingles but I have to admit they are light years ahead of us .

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I didn't agree with you really. Because you implied that I and others thought that Bruce WAS the man to lead us back to where we "should be", which isn't correct.

I think Steve Bruce can lead us to the Premier League. I can't see him taking us much further than that.

That’s more like - normal service resumed o

Oh no - there is a chasm all right - i’m Surprised you don’t see this - trust me you you have  no idea of my disliking of the Dingles but I have to admit they are light years ahead of us .

Ok. One more time.

Thats your OPINION.

I don’t share it.

Ok ?

I agree they are but we shouldn't use that as a stick to beat Steve Bruce with it. Last year they got it horribly wrong and this year they've got it right. Well done to them.

It is what it is. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jamie Vardy says Hi  ;)

And I'm far from embarrassed at the moment.  I was embarrassed when Sherwood was shithousing up and down the touchline as we got spanked every week, or when we got beat 8-0 at Chelsea.  Successive wins, however we do it, may not be easy on the eye but embarrassing is not a word I'd choose.

100%.  I'm still not a Bruce fan, and still have still big reservations about Bruce moving forward. He is however a football manager (Sherwood is not), and whilst I'm not sold on his syle, he is 100 times the manager sherwood will ever be. 

Edited by av1

I have never been much of a Bruce fan, but we are winning and I actually look forward to games again as there is a decent chance we can win them. We are by no means the finished article and we need either better luck with injuries or to sign more players prob on loan in Jan to get us over the line.

Sometimes I find the football we play baffling and Bruce's decisions daft, but in the main he has found a formula that although unspectacular and hard to watch at times is getting us points. Each win we do also seem to be seeing further very small improvements, long may it continue.

Edited by VillanousOne

Â