Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

You might see that, it wasn't my point. I haven't been following your recent posts to know what you're driving at.

I was simply quoting Mick McCarthy, who has no particular reason for saying what he does, unless there's a motive I've not understood.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I understand your points and agree.

but we don't know that he condones a lack lustre performance.....that is just assuming, and we all know what assume stands for.....judging by his after match comments, he doesn't, but what do you do, put them in the stocks and throw tomatoes outside villa park.

you are right we will never know, but i still think my points about demise are dismissed far too easily.

We sometimes look at others like Wolves and come to the wrong conclusion.....if it was so easy, why have they languished in this division for so long......their fans must have been miffed seeing Albion go down and straight back, leaving them trapped.

We will get back, but it is far from easy and teams in this division have a go, they put a shíft in and if we think that our level of skill will see us through without the graft, we are kidding ourselves.

I take each game as it comes and feel satisfied with every win.

today, will not be easy.

He condones it, implicitly when he publicly praises the effort post match and when he starts them again.  

Look, I’m going to spend my day with family.  My only point is that despite my deep and IMO at least, reasonable concerns over his tenure he’s doing ok right now.  But that does not warrant illogical and contradictory nonsense to support him.  It doesn’t require revisionist history or blindly ignoring the fact YOU think he’s starting players that don’t move off the ball.  DESPITE everything I question and you question he’s posting w’s on the board. Let’s just enjoy that withou trying to make him into a saint or a criminal.  I’m pretty sure he’s neither. (Well I haven’t examined his tax records, so ....,. :)    )

I can’t belive people are still dripping on about Bruce. What a miserable season you must be having that your target of hatred has the team winning games and sitting 4th.

We’re a Steve Bruce team, playing Steve Bruce football, with Steve Bruce players, getting Steve Bruce results. Just accept it and move on; get out of your fantasy land of us playing tippy, tappy football and winning each game 4-0 under Dean Smith (or whoever else is flavour of the month). Enjoy what’s in front of you.

Maybe even get out more. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I can’t belive people are still dripping on about Bruce. What a miserable season you must be having that your target of hatred has the team winning games and sitting 4th.

We’re a Steve Bruce team, playing Steve Bruce football, with Steve Bruce players, getting Steve Bruce results. Just accept it and move on; get out of your fantasy land of us playing tippy, tappy football and winning each game 4-0 under Dean Smith (or whoever else is flavour of the month). Enjoy what’s in front of you.

Maybe even get out more. 

Thanks for your concern and advice.  

I recently took my daughter and grandsons to see a few million bats come out en masses at sundown.  I told them that if they felt rain it wasn’t rain, it was bat poop.   The started whining and worrying and acting foolishly concerned enough to become annoying.  “Will they poop on my head?”   “Can I see it coming and dodge?”   “Can I cover my head?”   “Can I just stay I the car?”   Finally, My daughter got tired of it and yelled. “Look, you are going to get bat poop on you!  And you are going to like it!”   It worked fine on young boys related to bat poop.  Let’s see if it works on physically grown-up football fans.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Another win for Steve Bruce’s Aston Villa! 

giphy.gif

I think there's probably 1 or 2 that maybe hate him, even that's a stretch. 

I think there's a lot who have had genuine concerns and still do. He's not achieved anything yet and he's still not in the target position the club set as our target in the summer. 

He's currently doing much better than I thought and I'm getting more faith in him that he can get us up this season. But he's not done it yet. 

I'd save this type of post for when he achieves his target. 

• Like 4

Fatigue and as a result injuries will become and issue now with the heavy schedule and our somewhat ageing squad.

This is where i hope Bruce's wast experience from the Championship will be invaluable.

We don't want to go down the MON route of using the same 11 players every game all the time and have them burned out after the new year.

Very important to rotate when possible in a 46 game season.

There was a serious confidence there tonight, Ispwich felt it, we knew it, Adomah made it. Bruce 110% deserves credit for the journey we have gone on from his first day to this day.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

There was a serious confidence there tonight, Ispwich felt it, we knew it, Adomah made it. Bruce 110% deserves credit for the journey we have gone on from his first day to this day.

This! 

Edit: His job is far from done but we are heading in the right direction. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â