Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Bruce was great today seemed annoyed but relaxed despite going a goal down. Once we stepped up a gear QPR cpuld not handle uz. We were in complete control after they scored.

A very pleasing performance. But we dont want another wedensday result following the oreston. We need to.won the next two as then we have some toughies like leeds, sheff utd and derby

Fair play Mr Bruce, fair play. 

To be fair he's having to deal with an injury list which is quite ridiculous. Other managers are having a far easier time of it in that regard. 

• Like 3

On 11/13/2017 at 23:17, srsmithusa said:

To be fair, flashing QWERTY,  holding one MF back, as you suggest, is a fine plan, but it too is pretty rigid in roles.  Frankly, would rather have 3 versatile and mobile MF players.  One tends to think defense first, but when trying to breakdown a packed defense, he should burst forward at somewhat unexpected times, the others must be alert to see that, and one or the other drop back to cover.  The rotating attackers are harder to defend because defenders can’t always know who they need to pick up.  I’m attacking enough that I’m ok with a center half moving into dynamic attack, but the midfielders have to be aware and drop or at least high pressure if there is a turnover, so the outlet ball can’t be hit well.  

BTW, we don’t do any of that.  Which is largely why I’m, Bruce out.  He allows players that show no movement, rotation, positional awareness, to keep playing, match after match.  By doing so, he tolerates it. So it continues.  

The results have gotten better.  The performances are still poor.  I think they always will be, with SB.  

I think you completely missed my point.

Whilst i agree that what you describe is what a good team should aspire to do, i dont believe that we have any players that are good enough to play in that way.

At the risk of repeating myself, we have a squad of players that have played for the most part only at championship level or below.  Theres a good reason they havent appeared at higher levels - they arent good enough to do so.

This means we need to adopt a way of playing that suits the team we have as i cant see is signing many next window.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Sadly my mother passed away in 1992. Sudden heart attack.

Well I’m sorry to hear that - and genuinely by a ridiculous coincidence so did mine, same year, same cause.

But as you know, I wasn’t actually referring to your mother literally.

But again, I’m sorry to hear that. Sudden death of our loved ones is brutal for them, and for those that love them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

I think you completely missed my point.

Whilst i agree that what you describe is what a good team should aspire to do, i dont believe that we have any players that are good enough to play in that way.

At the risk of repeating myself, we have a squad of players that have played for the most part only at championship level or below.  Theres a good reason they havent appeared at higher levels - they arent good enough to do so.

This means we need to adopt a way of playing that suits the team we have as i cant see is signing many next window.

I think we’re on the same page.  I’m talking more aspirational and ideal.  You’re talking more practically (and shorter horizon, realistically)

I agree with you short term assessment, but I don’t see Bruce effectively doing either very well.  It does not take months to get championship level players to understand and execute a discernible system of play. 

• Like 1

I was unable to watch today.  Thrilled we won.  Happy to hear positive reports about our performance and apparently “taking the match to the opposition.”   

From those who could see, what was the change?   Did Bruce change something in the setup?  The approach?   Did the players move better?  Keep better possession?  Was it just QPR wasn’t very good?  

48 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I agree with you short term assessment, but I don’t see Bruce effectively doing either very well.  It does not take months to get championship level players to understand and execute a discernible system of play. 

It can and it does, not just Championship players either.

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Sadly my mother passed away in 1992. Sudden heart attack.

All digs and differing opinions aside, that is really sad mate. Losing love ones suddenly is a horrible experience. 

4 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

unanimousadjective

UK  /juːˈnæn.ɪ.məs/ US /juːˈnæn.ə.məs/

If a group of people are unanimous, they all agree about one particular matter or vote the same way, and if a decision or judgment is unanimous, it is formed or supported by everyone in a group.

Oh , never mind . You and them lemons .

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

I was unable to watch today.  Thrilled we won.  Happy to hear positive reports about our performance and apparently “taking the match to the opposition.”   

From those who could see, what was the change?   Did Bruce change something in the setup?  The approach?   Did the players move better?  Keep better possession?  Was it just QPR wasn’t very good?  

I would also like to know the answers to these questions

40 minutes ago, villianusa said:

It can and it does, not just Championship players either.

I think wolves have done well this season. They played rings around us.  They won today.  Back line of 3. Two of those three and the keeper are all in their first season at wolves I believe.  Couldn’t be bothered to look upfield where we all know the center of their team is new.  Tell me again how it takes months for a championship player to learn a system of play.  It only takes one example to prove it does not.  I just gave you half a dozen.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

I think the main change was the team pressed from the front and forced QPR in to errors or losing the ball.  There was a hunger and desire that is too often missing.  We played perfect counter attacking football with Davis holding the ball up superbly.  He really bullied the back two and they couldn't handle him.

So I would say the main change was the players wanted it more than QPR and believed they were better than QPR (which they were).  

• Thanks 1

Â