Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

And neither should they be - i’m Afraid I expect more than a winning streak against also rans for most parts. In fairness Fulham were not dire and Wolves look a cut above everyone else - although the manner of defeat still irks with me - we could have shown up and gone down with heads held high 

I agree with this.  Put simply I don't mind if we lose trying to win but if we lose trying to draw then I get angry!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Dave J said:

That’s you’re view which you are perfectly entitled too - however I have mine - if you are happy with the dross this guy has served up for you - then so be it.

I just thought we'd covered it in quite some depth over the last X pages.

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I just thought we'd covered it in quite some depth over the last X pages.

?? It’s a forum - and a very clearly live topic which generates a lot of interest and debate - I kind of think that VT might wish for this ?  Maybe I am wrong.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

That’s you’re view which you are perfectly entitled too - however I have mine - if you are happy with the dross this guy has served up for you - then so be it.

" Dross " , now there's an apt word . That is exactly what it is .

34 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't think so, I'm still really unsure about how each individual feels about Steve Bruce. I think another 1179 pages would give me a clearer indication. 

:trollface:

Let me tell you where I am...

p01ds39y.jpg

Edited by fightoffyour

12 hours ago, Dave J said:

And neither should they be - i’m Afraid I expect more than a winning streak against also rans for most parts. In fairness Fulham were not dire and Wolves look a cut above everyone else - although the manner of defeat still irks with me - we could have shown up and gone down with heads held high 

Starting to think this isnt true, if this was the case why are sheffield united top? Even playing a game more if wolves were so great they would be running away with it which they are not.

If and its a big if, they lose today and we win tomorrow they will be 2nd with is breathing down their neck. Then the pressure is on.

I think wolves have a fantastic first team, but i have reservations about their squad depth. 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Starting to think this isnt true, if this was the case why are sheffield united top? Even playing a game more if wolves were so great they would be running away with it which they are not.

If and its a big if, they lose today and we win tomorrow they will be 2nd with is breathing down their neck. Then the pressure is on.

I think wolves have a fantastic first team, but i have reservations about their squad depth. 

Well I have reservations about us to be truthful - and I still remain more concerned over our no - show at their place - rather than how good they are.

for me this remains far more worrying and Bruce’s inability to stem the flow/ change the game/ halt the tide - he was totally out thought in every aspect of the game at Molinuex - which concerns me a lot 

http://readastonvilla.com/2017/10/28/villa-interested-in-january-move-for-carrick/

VILLA INTERESTED IN JANUARY MOVE FOR CARRICK

Aston Villa are interested in signing Michael Carrick from Manchester United in the next transfer window.

According to The Mirror, Villa are one of three teams keen on signing the Premier League veteran to bolster their squad in the new year.

West Brom and Leicester are also said to be tracking the midfielder, and could compete with Villa for his signature.

The report claims that Villa are keeping an eye on Carrick over the next few months before making a decision on whether to make a move for him in January.

Julian Finney/Getty Images SportJulian Finney/Getty Images Sport

Carrick is yet to feature in a Premier League game this season. His only appearance has been against Burton in the League Cup.

The 36-year-old has been struggling with injury of late, but is set to return to action after just before the next international break.

The retired England international has played almost 400 games for Manchester United but could now be set to leave the club.

Couldn't find a Transfer Window topic so put it here.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

20 hours ago, Dave J said:

Well I have reservations about us to be truthful - and I still remain more concerned over our no - show at their place - rather than how good they are.

for me this remains far more worrying and Bruce’s inability to stem the flow/ change the game/ halt the tide - he was totally out thought in every aspect of the game at Molinuex - which concerns me a lot 

Yeah fair enough it was a crap performance but all teams have them, look at United vs Huddersfield and then Liverpool vs Huddersfield, and then United vs Tottenham, sometimes teams get rubbish results no matter how good they are perceived to be, we got beat by a good team in our division, it’s not the end of the world, we might beat them in the following fixture, we have to realistically look at the big picture, that’s things happen in football, sometimes your team is going to play crap and lose without a fight, but we bounced back against Fulham with a win and hopefully pick up a win today and we are right in the thick of it, hell even a loss today and we are still in the thick of it! 

On 27/10/2017 at 23:26, briny_ear said:

You’re underestimating the ability of the Brouters to bring up the same point over and over again and to constantly harp on about the perceived failures of Bruce last season whatever is actually happening with the team in the here and now.

Are you not doing the same? - whilst maintaining a different stand point - which clearly you are very much entitled too. It does feel that you do counter act a lot of post - which I say again is your right too - but your’re  part of this - as much as anyone else. 

We have to remember this is a forum where people will post and re-post similar thoughts and views that they feel passionate about  - much to VT’s delight I would have thought?

• Like 2

Â