Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

We still lack any and all semblance of a cohesive way of playing as a team.

If it hasn't happened after a year I doubt it will ever happen under Bruce.

As i said in the summer, for better or worse I just want this season to be over.

• Like 2

Disappointment is part and parcel of being a football fan, but i can't ever remember a villa manager that actually makes me angry. 

The bloke is an embarrassed to the club.

I just don't see the long term plan with Bruce.

There is no distinguishable playing style or 'philosophy' it's just backs to the wall defending and hoofing balls upfield and into the box hoping something happens. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not interested in a debate, the form table, the league table or any of the variety of excuses that have been offered to date in this thread or will be offfered.

I don’t want him as our manager, I don’t want to watch another 90 mins of his abysmal football and the sooner he is out of the club the better.

If you're not interested in a debate, then we won't be hearing from you every 5 minutes bitching about Bruce anymore?

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

I just don't see the long term plan with Bruce.

There is no distinguishable playing style or 'philosophy' it's just backs to the wall defending and hoofing balls upfield and into the box hoping something happens. 

I don't think there is a long term plan with Bruce but, again, this wasn't the game to judge any kind of "philosophy".

I'm still waiting to hear about those away games at Blues where we've been brilliant and personified some sort of attacking team.  The games are never, ever like that.

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not interested in a debate, the form table, the league table or any of the variety of excuses that have been offered to date in this thread or will be offfered.

I don’t want him as our manager, I don’t want to watch another 90 mins of his abysmal football and the sooner he is out of the club the better.

Totally agree, Anomah should have gone off for Davies at half time. Didn't understand Conor being taken off if only for his ability from dead balls.

• Like 1

Not one to lay at Bruce's feet for me this. 

Probably started with the right team and made changes which improved us. 

There were so many poor individual performances by so many players what can you do really? 

Maybe you could argue he took off the wrong midfielder but if players had been at it we wouldn't be worrying about that would we? 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, bobzy said:

I don't think there is a long term plan with Bruce but, again, this wasn't the game to judge any kind of "philosophy".

I'm still waiting to hear about those away games at Blues where we've been brilliant and personified some sort of attacking team.  The games are never, ever like that.

My opinion of Bruce hasn't been solely formed of todays game. Also there is a world of difference between the abject performance we put in for 60/70 minutes today and a brilliant attacking display.

• Like 1

Taken in isolation I wouldn't have too much of a problem with the performance today. It wasn't that bad although the football was awful but that's to be expected in a derby. The problem is that too often, especially away from home, it's just aimless hoofball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Not so terrible we won’t be around the playoffs but not actually good enough to win promotion 

#thisisn’tfootball

I disagree with the first bit mate. I think the squad is strong enough for a top 6 finish. But i think that will be inspite of Bruce than than because of him. 

This squad should be aiming much higher than that. Bruce needs to go. 

Just now, penguin said:

My opinion of Bruce hasn't been solely formed of todays game. Also there is a world of difference between the abject performance we put in for 60/70 minutes today and a brilliant attacking display.

I’m not a fan of the way we play generally, but we’ve taken 16 points from a possible 21 in a run that has included our 2 hardest away games of the season. 

I’m OK with that. 

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If you're not interested in a debate, then we won't be hearing from you every 5 minutes bitching about Bruce anymore?

I think Trentvilla is just in despair at what he sees week in week out, to be fair. I can sympathise with his sentiments. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not one to lay at Bruce's feet for me this. 

Probably started with the right team and made changes which improved us. 

There were so many poor individual performances by so many players what can you do really? 

Maybe you could argue he took off the wrong midfielder but if players had been at it we wouldn't be worrying about that would we? 

Onomah should not have stayed on that pitch! Managers decision to allow that!

Just now, villarocker said:

I think Trentvilla is just in despair at what he sees week in week out, to be fair. I can sympathise with his sentiments. 

I don't understand how anyone can be 'in despair' seeing that we're in the playoff spots. It doesn't make any sense, especially with what we've had to put up with for the last 5 years or so. 

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Maybe after 12 months, 2 transfer windows and a budget that every other manager in the league could only dream of, can we also stop hearing about the mess Bruce inherited?

He is doing an abysmal job. 

Â