Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

It was an inexperience board that signed Bruce. They did not see the change, that Championship winners now are quality footballing sides, not old skool grafters like a few years ago. Even we are beginning to see it now, the board though, should have seen it before.

Ideally with money to spend, they should have built a more 'Premiershipy' side like Wolves, an gone for a dynamic tactical manager, not someone to just steady the ship an bore the F*** out of us. Problem being when, or if we get promoted, alot of the squad will need changing, including the manager.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve no idea what that means in the context of my post.

They turned over the incredible Wolverhampton Wanderers who are shining of example of how a club should be run with a coach light years ahead of ours.

Well you and I finally agree on something.  Their coach (and manager) ARE light years ahead of ours.  Only you can watch our play for the past 12 months and believe that sentence is sarcasm.  I don’t.  

Manages by numbers, win and he keeps the starting eleven, doesn't react to what's going on on the pitch. When he loses he tweaks the starting eleven. Couldn't have us playing like Wolves if he could cherry pick his team and was given a whole pre-season.

I doubt he will get us into the top 6 to be honest

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Well you and I finally agree on something.  Their coach (and manager) ARE light years ahead of ours.  Only you can watch our play for the past 12 months and believe that sentence is sarcasm.  I don’t.  

So in his first job after getting the boot from Porto he’s had a good start to the season (lost 2 in 12) and you’ve concluded he’s light years ahead? Fickle...? :lol: 

Wolves front line were great yesterday, can’t deny that. Next you’ll be saying Bruce is a dinosaur without any experience at all.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

So in his first job after getting the boot from Porto he’s had a good start to the season (lost 2 in 12) and you’ve concluded he’s light years ahead? Fickle...? :lol: 

Wolves front line were great yesterday, can’t deny that. Next you’ll be saying Bruce is a dinosaur without any experience at all.

Did you see their movement, their one touch passing......we cannot even take a decent throw in because our players are static.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nope, I’ll say his appointment was uninspiring. His first results were an improvement over RDM’s but then he made multiple blunders.  He reacts too slowly.  He plans and thinks too conservatively. He misuses the talent he has, and is more likely to miss promotion than make it.   Same things I’ve been saying for months actually.  The recent run was great.  But wolves was not a one off. It was a return to the same problems.  For me the recent run bought him two matches.  He bottled the first.  

Its nonsense to pretend it’s a risk to replace him but no risk at all to stick with.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'd say a manager who has shown to improve a side better in 12 matches than another has with his side in 12 months is light years ahead.

You're just trolling now.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

He also got Valencia into top 4 in Spain before Gary Neville ruined the club

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I'd say a manager who has shown to improve a side better in 12 matches than another has with his side in 12 months is light years ahead.

You're just trolling now.

Or could just be a good run of form? 

On 14/10/2017 at 20:48, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nobody is even saying this anymore. It's like your post is about 2 months out of date! 

But they are. People are still saying it, and the commentators on the match said it as well.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Well this sums it up for me, because Steve Bruce being appointed Villa manager at that time was possibly the most universally agreed perfect appointments I’ve ever known.

Experienced, respected, huge success at doing exactly what we want to achieve, oh yeah and available, living in the area and wanting to join. It was perfect. No idea how it could possibly be regarded as a mistake from the start?

I suggest you reread this thread again, another uninspiring appointment 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

A total change in philosophy and team cohesion in 12 games is not just good form, its a combination of high level coaching & recruitment.

Time will tell and you may be right, but for me it’s far too early to come to the conclusion Wolves have a manager “light years ahead” of us. We’ll see in time.

Â