Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Will the money they are spending impact of ffp as they don’t have the parachute payments we have ; and seem be spending a lot of cash .

Not doubting they have the cash but how much of it are they allowed to spend before they get into trouble on ffp ?

That's a good question. I can only think it's because they haven't had loses before last season. Most likely they would by impacted by FFP if they don't go up this season. 

Well Wolves short term planning in comparison to ours appears to be working because unlike us they have that crucial missing ingredient.

A manager that is tactically sound, knows what he is doing, has a plan B and can get the best out of his players.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Well Wolves short term planning in comparison to ours appears to be working because unlike us they have that crucial missing ingredient.

A manager that is tactically sound, knows what he is doing, has a plan B and can get the best out of his players.

What about when they got done 2-0 recently by Sheffield United? Did he leave his plan B at home that day?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

What about when they got done 2-0 recently by Sheffield United? Did he leave his plan B at home that day?

Ah newly promoted from League One Sheff United, who had the ability, balls and resources to take a game to the mighty Wolves.

Are you sure you want to reference them in defence of Bruce?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Ah newly promoted from League One Sheff United, who had the ability, balls and resources to take a game to the mighty Wolves.

Are you sure you want to reference them in defence of Bruce?

I’ve no idea what that means in the context of my post.

They turned over the incredible Wolverhampton Wanderers who are shining of example of how a club should be run with a coach light years ahead of ours.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They turned over the incredible Wolverhampton Wanderers who are shining of example of how a club should be run with a coach light years ahead of ours.

but the point is its a newly promoted team can do it yet our expensively assembled side barely had a shot against them

• Like 3

Just now, Zatman said:

but the point is its a newly promoted team can do it yet our expensively assembled side barely had a shot against them

No, the point is “A manager that is tactically sound, knows what he is doing, has a plan B and can get the best out of his players” still got turned over by a newly promoted side on a shoestring.

Its the argument that is being used as a reason we should sack Bruce... wonder if Wolves fans were wetting their beds after that result?

Just now, Genie said:

Well, lowly Sheff United with far less resources have come into this league and out performed us.

They’ve the confidence and ability to take a game to and from Wolves when we have neither.

I think Sheff United are a perfectly illustration of just how short Bruce has called in his performance the last 12 months and why the excuses made by him and for him at times are so laughable.

I think it’s a odd thing to do to reference Sheff United while seeking to defend Bruce’s performance. Given the comparison in the results and natures of the sides in the games against Wolves.

I get you want to limit the reference to Sheff United to the context of your post, just as you sort to limit the comparison to last seasons promotion teams to the number of defeats. 

Trouble is in trying to defend Bruce all you’ve done is further illustrate his failings in both examples.

Sorry, in my opinion of course.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

No, the point is “A manager that is tactically sound, knows what he is doing, has a plan B and can get the best out of his players” still got turned over by a newly promoted side on a shoestring.

Its the argument that is being used as a reason we should sack Bruce... wonder if Wolves fans were wetting their beds after that result?

Stop with the ‘wetting beds’ stuff, frankly it’s rather pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If Villa sacked Bruce and gave the small but vocal supporters what they wish it would be regarded as one of the most ridiculous decisions in the entire history of professional  football.

Its like nobody learned from the last 5 years of steady decline. For the first time in several seasons we're looking up at a small handful of sides with a very real possibility of getting out of this incredibly competitive league, and people want a change of management... it’s absolutely mind blowing.

We would be a laughing stock, and who In their right mind would come after we sacked the previous guy in this position? Nobody, but let’s not let that get in the way, we could get in nice and early with the “the board have messed up again” because that’s another VT badge of honour. 

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Villa sacked Bruce and gave the small but vocal supporters what they wish it would be regarded as one of the most ridiculous decisions in the entire history of professional  football.

No it wouldn't. Not even close. Also it's not just a small band of supporters who aren't happy with him and can see him for what he is. 

• Like 1

I’ve held the same opinion from the day Bruce was appointed - We have enough expensive players to ensure we will win games against poorer opposition and Bruce’s “defence first” approach will mean that we will sneak a few against the better teams. 

But whilst we will remain in the upper half, i feel it’s highly unlikely that we will gain enough points for a playoff place ( and we can completely forget automatic promotion ) 

We’re stuck with Bruce for now - not bad enough to be sacked, not good enough to get promoted. Also, we can’t afford another rebuild and the current squad is made in Bruce’s image and lacks both craft and pace

We won’t be going up this season. Awful times

• Like 4

Just now, villa89 said:

No it wouldn't. Not even close. Also it's not just a small band of supporters who aren't happy with him and can see him for what he is. 

I bet every football show on TV and radio would be asking same question, “WTF are Villa doing?”.

Put this in this reactions thread, but really belongs here.

The Championship, with money available now is changing, I said this a couple of weeks ago, Wolves being the example, being the richest club in the League helps more so. It used to be about graft, which is what Bruce is about and knows best. Unfortunately for us that's what we have built, (although weather Bruce can get this team fully grafting is another story) it's old fashioned and growing out of the Championship, that's why most teams now promoted do well in the Premiership.

There lies the problem with Bruce, he will never have the passing game and is why once we get to the premiership (if ever) we should change manager a.s.a.p, as we would be back down with Bruce, as the style he plays is dated and will probably just about work in the Championship to get us promoted......................maybe

• Like 2

I hate this term of supporters "bed wetting". I think we should top of the league because of how we are backed in line with our competitors, not just because we are Aston Villa and have any right to be.

I am not in the 'Bruce out' way of thinking because of any fear of relegation, I am in it because of the squad that HE has assembled, and it's a squad that cost and costs far more than everyone else in it besides Wolves, but yet he just has excuse after excuse after excuse. Even the games we win, we don't look convincing.

Oh and one other thing how many of you could honestly say, hand on heart, that if we played Wolves 10 times over, yesterday wouldn't happen at least 7 times! It's not the defeat itself, it's the manner of it! He waited until we were 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go before he made any sort of change to actually affect Wolves' dominance of the game.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Its like nobody learned from the last 5 years of steady decline. For the first time in several seasons we're looking up at a small handful of sides with a very real possibility of getting out of this incredibly competitive league, and people want a change of management... it’s absolutely mind blowing.

We would be a laughing stock, and who In their right mind would come after we sacked the previous guy in this position? Nobody, but let’s not let that get in the way, we could get in nice and early with the “the board have messed up again” because that’s another VT badge of honour. 

Way to go with the hyperbole. Most ridiculous decision in football history ? Ok if you say so. 

So your argument is we should stick with Bruce just for the sake of this hallowed buzz word stability even though the damage that will cause if we don't go up this summer. The money will dry up from reduced parachute payments and falling revenue, players will have to leave to balance the books. And all for a false misplaced sense of stability makes complete sense in your mind? And Sure yeah let's forget the fact we are a team void of identity with a tactically inept manager just for the sake of it, let's stick with him then as that will miraculously halt our decline?

You are right about one thing though we are looking up at small(er) teams. 

We are sort of a laughing stock now and do you honestly think no one in their right mind would want the job just because Bruce has been sacked?  

All in my opinion of course. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sorry but you are simply doing parody at this stage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â