Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

fwiw, I don't agree with abusing managers. The media want that, Bruce wants that, it doesn't help us.

He is useless, he cannot manage in a more modern way, but I ask people not to insult as he will use that as his excuse. Let him fail for being awful and have no excuses.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

The more he talks, the more I regret we even hired him.

Last year he was the clear front runner. Unfortunately we seemed to have obtained the Bruce from Sunderland rather than Hull.

As has been said, if he had left it at "I know some fans are unhappy. I think we have been unlucky and know I can turn it around. Just need to show it on the pitch." Then fine, not spout the same rubbish again and again and again.

Bruce, I was with you right up until Bristol City game. You have your team, you have your staff. Whilst you do have some players from previous squads, your "best players" (Kodjia, Jedinak) were signed by previous managers. You've even made Terry look average in the damn Championship! However I was willing to give you the time to rectify it, because of your "experience" and the fact that we were looking at restarting again.

The last few games have been the last straw. Its clear that he can't break down teams that sit against him. It's clear he can't change when needed. To the extent he admits Jedinak was taken off not because of tactics but damn injury! He could have got away with that! To then come out with complete tripe like this, it's clear he knows he's on borrowed time and if doesn't get enough points he's gone.

For me whilst I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought he could still get us promoted at least, he cannot. He can't deal with teams that sit against you, he can't create attacking football. I don't think he is necessarily a dinosaur, his tactics may work elsewhere, but when teams come and sit against you, you have to break them down. In reality you can rarely do that with 1 DAMN STRIKER!!!

Brentford outplayed us. We only got so much of the ball against Middlesbrough because they were down to 10 men for almost the entire match.

My main worry is the lack of alternatives available and the reputation we will get of sacking. If we get this wrong we could end up in the Championship for a long time.

I wish all that was rubbish....but sadly it is spot on.

I think he is talking like its closer than we all think.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

The more he talks, the more I regret we even hired him.

Last year he was the clear front runner. Unfortunately we seemed to have obtained the Bruce from Sunderland rather than Hull.

As has been said, if he had left it at "I know some fans are unhappy. I think we have been unlucky and know I can turn it around. Just need to show it on the pitch." Then fine, not spout the same rubbish again and again and again.

Bruce, I was with you right up until Bristol City game. You have your team, you have your staff. Whilst you do have some players from previous squads, your "best players" (Kodjia, Jedinak) were signed by previous managers. You've even made Terry look average in the damn Championship! However I was willing to give you the time to rectify it, because of your "experience" and the fact that we were looking at restarting again.

The last few games have been the last straw. Its clear that he can't break down teams that sit against him. It's clear he can't change when needed. To the extent he admits Jedinak was taken off not because of tactics but damn injury! He could have got away with that! To then come out with complete tripe like this, it's clear he knows he's on borrowed time and if doesn't get enough points he's gone.

For me whilst I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought he could still get us promoted at least, he cannot. He can't deal with teams that sit against you, he can't create attacking football. I don't think he is necessarily a dinosaur, his tactics may work elsewhere, but when teams come and sit against you, you have to break them down. In reality you can rarely do that with 1 DAMN STRIKER!!!

Brentford outplayed us. We only got so much of the ball against Middlesbrough because they were down to 10 men for almost the entire match.

My main worry is the lack of alternatives available and the reputation we will get of sacking. If we get this wrong we could end up in the Championship for a long time.

What a top post - superbly written and I agree that we do run the risk of getting a reputation for sacking managers - however if the current incumbent is not up to the job, something I believe to be the case - then you must act regardless and lest we forget this is Aston Villa Fc we are talking about - I kind of look at it like this - genius footballers are often flawed in other ways - but there is never a shortage of clubs wishing to sign them and I feel that there will always be named manager who believes they can turn Aston Villa around.

thanks again for a great post 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, USA_Villa said:

In the (slightly changed) words of Englebert Humperdinck :

Please, release him, let him go,
For I don't love him anymore.
To waste our lives would be a sin,
Release him and let me love again.

Showing my age.

Wasn't aware you felt so strongly about him ;) 

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

What a top post - superbly written and I agree that we do run the risk of getting a reputation for sacking managers - however if the current incumbent is not up to the job, something I believe to be the case - then you must act regardless and lest we forget this is Aston Villa Fc we are talking about - I kind of look at it like this - genius footballers are often flawed in other ways - but there is never a shortage of clubs wishing to sign them and I feel that there will always be named manager who believes they can turn Aston Villa around.

thanks again for a great post 

I'm not worried about the reputation for sacking managers -more worried about the reputation in for hiring managers who flop - surely our luck must change with the next one? 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

While I know we have been poor for a while I truely believe when we beat Barnsley the tides will turn confidence will grow and Bruce will lead us towards the light, I also love the honesty in the manager and how he shows the hurt and doesn't pretend it's a rose garden. Saturday the players will finally click Andy our season is on!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Strangeways said:

While I know we have been poor for a while I truely believe when we beat Barnsley the tides will turn confidence will grow and Bruce will lead us towards the light, I also love the honesty in the manager and how he shows the hurt and doesn't pretend it's a rose garden. Saturday the players will finally click Andy our season is on!!!!!

Whilst in no way do I share your optimism - I hope you are correct - forgive me if your post is written in sarcasm.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I'm not worried about the reputation for sacking managers -more worried about the repulsion for hiring managers who flop - surely our luck must change with the next one? 

Totally agree all clubs sack managers...Crystal Palace............Bruce will be here for 12 months and signed 14 players and are no better off for it. He is fearing the sack with good reason.

He is going to go at some (soon) point. I genuinely don't get the impression that if he if wins the next game or 2 or 3 that will change. So if he is going to be sacked why wait. I will hold my hand up, I was pro Bruce until Bristol City , but tactically he is inept. I couldn't coach a professional football team, but I could make in game decisions better than Bruce, Tuesday proved that. 

I want to watch football, not survival. I want to go 1-0 up and expect us to go 2 or 3 up. I don't expect promotion, but I do expect a manager to give us a chance of promotion. Bruçe is not that man. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we win tomorrow you can guarantee that Bruce will spout some bullshit about how he just needed time and that the fans are impatient.

And how he will shove it down our throat - I think tomorrow will be his last game in charge if we lose .

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

3 hours ago, TRO said:

it is concerning isn't it.

shovel.....hole?

Have also said, most of the time he stumbles on to a winning formula, it is due to injuries/suspensions and/or pressure.

Then he just changes it back to resume normal service anyway. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You're probably right. But, it's getting to the point where any candidate could do a better job.

I genuinely think I could do a better job than Bruce. I'd study the opposition, work out how they play and set my team to counter it and also play to my teams strenghts. Incidentally enough, my plans don't involve letting the opposition have 60% of the possession and using Hogan as a target man. 

You're hired!

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Strangeways said:

Confidence grew when we beat two teams in a row and had found a system (albeit by accident) and players which worked.

He then changed it and f*cked it up.

I think we are now BEYOND being conned by 1 or 2 results, we scraped 6 or 7 in a row last season, we can always fluke results and have sporadic performances.

It's now the meat of the matter. He is NOT the man to take us forward.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â