Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Sounds like Bruce knows his fate and is feeding crap to his journo mates to ruffle feathers of Villa fans. 

So this is Steve Bruce’s fault too? Fair to blame him for things he’s done, but this is a bit of a stretch isn’t it?

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So this is Steve Bruce’s fault too? Fair to blame him for things he’s done, but this is a bit of a stretch isn’t it?

I am only blaming/accusing him for leaking info to his press mates, something he is quite reknown for by most accounts. I am not blaming him for the new owners appointing a new manager, who is having strings pulled by some guy who apparently destroyer Blues 12 months ago. 

43 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Sounds like Bruce knows his fate and is feeding crap to his journo mates to ruffle feathers of Villa fans. 

What does this even mean?! The bloke pulling the strings? Theirry and Zola have the same agent? I dont get it?! 

Rowett got the chop for openly whoring himself out looking for a bigger role. The shit got wind and got shot, these Journalists make themselves look stupid with the moaning about Bruce, he does have a big love in from the British media. 

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

What does this even mean?! The bloke pulling the strings? Theirry and Zola have the same agent? I dont get it?! 

Exactly this A tweet with no substance to back up the comment.

As a petty journo he should be backing the tweet up with more.

Oh, and as far as i'm aware everyone who is connected to that rabble down the road are culpable of turning them into the mess they already are.

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Me too! Do we have the same owners as them or something?! 

48 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

You’re right, they always put the boot into us. They’re already miffed that we didn’t go bust. 

But the press love a celeb, so they’ll be all over Thierry if he arrives. Win a couple of games and they’ll be lauding Villa for such a brave and innovative move. Representatives for Wellingborough. 

20 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Apparently it's some agent who recommended Zola and according to Moxley has undue influence. Now if it is an agent then that could account for the press stories - with that in mind I don't think these new owners are that naive, so I have a new theory, all this Henry stuff is agent guff and they've no intention of sacking Bruce.

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’re right, they always put the boot into us. They’re already miffed that we didn’t go bust. 

But the press love a celeb, so they’ll be all over Thierry if he arrives. Win a couple of games and they’ll be lauding Villa for such a brave and innovative move. Representatives for Wellingborough. 

Ha! I didn’t know you couldn’t say t055ers and what it changes to is brilliant. Made my day, so far.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Apparently he means David dein. He is a big agent connected to arsenal. He was Henry's best man at his wedding.

I'm not sure how all the dots connect with Zola and influencing the new owners 

David Dein son he was advisor to board at blues apparently

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Yeah definitely. I'm sure our multi-billionaire owners have zero football knowledge and are happy to be told what to do by someone else.

This smacks of journo's hedging their bets, which is pretty much what all of them have done since the Henry rumour appeared. I don't think I've ever seen such a scattergun approach to journalism for a potential new manager at our club.

"Bruce is getting sacked, but he might not be".

"Henry has already agreed a deal to become the new Villa manager, but the deal might be irrelevant as Bruce could be staying."

"Bruce is getting a reprieve, but he has a meeting today to potentially not".

"The owners want a management double act of Bruce and Henry".

Image result for bruce henry jazz singer album

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Shock horror! person working in football industry is involved in working with multiple clubs! Bloody media!

Edited by TheStagMan

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Gave all he had???  - with what he had at his disposal!

We should have gained automatic promotion by a country mile.

I don't see that he didn't give everything he had to try to get us up. I do however accept that he didn't achieve that most important target but I myself do not consider we had a team that should have run away with the title. Wolves had a great season, Cardiff just kept picking up points and Fulham did a Wolves in the second half of the season so getting up was no gimme last season and the same may well be the case this season whoever we may have in the manager's job. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So this really is an old school Arsenal management / player takeover - must all be best mates with the new owners

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wish people would stop with this. We really weren’t.

For starters we spent £80+ million in that first season. The minimum to expect was to stay in the league.

Â