Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So this really is an old school Arsenal management / player takeover - must all be best mates with the new owners

If we are half as successful as Arsenal have been in the last 20 years it would be a massive improvement!

I can live with that!

As long as it doesn't mean Tom Fox is coming back.

Pragmatic decision: Keep Bruce until the new owners have a full appreciation of the task ahead.

Interim decision: Sack Bruce and bring in Dean Smith (or equivalent) for one season to start a more positive revamp of the team.

Sexy/risky decision: Sack Bruce and appoint Henry, because it's media savvy and could work.  If it didn't our owners are rich enough to put it right quickly (FFP permitting).

Steve Bruce will know very soon which one of these options our new owners are going for.

21 minutes ago, Mav_86 said:

Maybe they will try and please everyone......Henry in as manager and Bruce in as DoF!

Would anyone be pleased with that?

Sounds just awful.

Edited by sne

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

The collision of different era's would be a messy disaster imo.

I agree- on the other hand you’ll have an experienced manager who has seen it all with a number of contacts in the game who by his own admission is at the biggest club he has managed. 

Henry- the new guy with big ideas but little experience just starting out in this particular field.

Just now, Rob182 said:

Hot Potato

On one of the old Pro Evos, when the commentator said Arteta it sounded like he was saying 'hot tato'.  Totally irrelevant but just reminded me. 

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Bruce is 100% gone.  All his media friends are all jumping on it now and how its a joke he is going.  If i didnt want him gone i def do now.

Also i never realized it but Bruce has never won one trophy.  Not even the championship.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Bruce is 100% gone.  All his media friends are all jumping on it now and how its a joke he is going.  If i didnt want him gone i def do now.

Also i never realized it but Bruce has never won one trophy.  Not even the championship.

He won one at Burton the other day ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think keeping Bruce, will make Villa coast the Championship this season. This isn't a club who is happy to stay in the Championship, like the club Lampard is managing. Henry might be good managing attackers, but can he manage defenders and midfielders who aren't top class?

Edited by momo
  • Haha 1

Â