Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Well, football is minor compared to life and death regardless of the famous quote. Hope him and his family are brought closer together by a tough time. Football will still be here for him after that.

Terrible news for him and shows what a good character he is to be be coming in and doing a job for us. 

No Promotion and  I could genuinely see him stepping down and taking a year off from Football

He has really had a tough few weeks to go through. As if losing his father was not bad enough he has now lost his mother shortly afterwards. The loss of our parents comes to us all but it is a bitter pill to swallow and that is especially the case when they go together or very close together as is the case here. His parents are now reunited and my thoughts are with the boss and his family at this sad time. 

Sorry to Hear Steve's bad news......However,sometimes immersing yourself in work, takes your mind off the pain.

but either way, shows the measure of the man.

I hope they do it for you steve.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, sne said:

Not that it is in any way comparable but I imagine what's happening to Sir Alex is also taking it's toll on Bruce.

I would imagine he was like a father figure to him......The bloke must wonder whats next.

tough times for him, what with a promotion campaign to boot.

• Like 2

All moaning about his job put to one side I want to say that it says a lot about the man and his integrity that he is showing up to work at the moment. Fair **** play and I respect him massively. I know I wouldn’t be able to show up despite probably needing the distraction of work. I know he wants to finish the job through to the play offs but damn he needs a bit of time off right now just to gather himself and focus on family, football comes below this stuff in the priorities of life. 

Hope he is ok and all thoughts with him at this moment in time. Poor fella.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

All moaning about his job put to one side I want to say that it says a lot about the man and his integrity that he is showing up to work at the moment. Fair **** play and I respect him massively. I know I wouldn’t be able to show up despite probably needing the distraction of work. I know he wants to finish the job through to the play offs but damn he needs a bit of time off right now just to gather himself and focus on family, football comes below this stuff in the priorities of life. 

Hope he is ok and all thoughts with him at this moment in time. Poor fella.

I agree. I have so much respect for him. I think I have respected him more than any of managers since Gregory.

Â