Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So far Bruce has been justified to play Hogan. I would have dropped him after Boro. 

He didn't really have a choice. Davis has shown he's not up to it (yet) and couldn't keep playing every week. 

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Also the fact we’re playing later because City has to have the minimum 48 hour turnaround has played a factor. 

That 2 hours was probably worth a 6 goal swing to be fair ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Which is what MOST of the Bruce outers do. Criticise for his faults. Unfortunately being unhappy with what we are seeing on the pitch somehow gets twisted by the Bruce supporters into crap like this.  

Happily today he has shown that he can set out a team to play positively and put in a good performance. THIS is what we have been crying out for. Credit for today. If he can turn out more performances like this, then all will be forgiven.

Can you understand? THIS is what we have wanted to see. Passing of the ball, playing it on the ground, players pushing forward, attacking play. THIS is what we have been crying out for. 

There has been no sign of this coming. What happened?

This is what we want - now let’s tear up this division and go from here - great result and top performance too :)

Great result today and was nice to see us actually playing football and passing it on the ground.

Though, doesn't forgive how absolutely awful we've been this season.

But today, i'm going to enjoy the feeling of scoring 5 in one game.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

There’s proof we can tear teams apart at this level. What we’ve been getting hasn’t been good enough 

It's a fair point.

We've got 2 weeks now, until we play Forest, and they're gash.

I'm hoping what we saw today was what Bruce has been trying to get in to motion, and we'll see us set out in exactly the same way next time. You have to wonder how we did this after months of relentless hoofing, but let's hope it's a sign of things to come.

We could have been miles off the top 2 at  this point, but the last week has been amazing for us, if we hit our stride, it only takes another Derby loss, then it's in our hands.

Saturdays game against Peterborough gives Bruce the chance to start o'hare , doyle-hayes and audrey.  They'll be mad hungry and Agnew gets to further implement his ideas with the senior lads rested. Perfect timing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I make that twice now Bruce has been proven correct when he says not to panic and that the wins will come. The guy deserves a break and not just until the next game. 

Until he is on course to meet the targets set for him, i think every dropped point is fair game to question and criticise. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Which is what MOST of the Bruce outers do. Criticise for his faults. Unfortunately being unhappy with what we are seeing on the pitch somehow gets twisted by the Bruce supporters into crap like this.  

Happily today he has shown that he can set out a team to play positively and put in a good performance. THIS is what we have been crying out for. Credit for today. If he can turn out more performances like this, then all will be forgiven.

Can you understand? THIS is what we have wanted to see. Passing of the ball, playing it on the ground, players pushing forward, attacking play. THIS is what we have been crying out for. 

There has been no sign of this coming. What happened?

I don't know. I'm not a Bruce supporter. I've only ever defended him when I've thought the criticism has gone over the top. 

1 minute ago, Fowlersrs said:

I think the fans need to come together now and back Bruce till the end of this season. I had my doubts too but changing it wont achieve anything right now.

The love today will still be based on the results chap. Lose the next game after playing like that and against a shite Forest team, an his neck will be back on the block.

Â