Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Heretic said:

They were poor, don't deny it. They looked tired, yet played their last game at roughly the same time as Villa.

They spent most of their time on the back foot and created very little.

I can’t have watched the same game as you. In the first 20 minutes, they were all over us, and I genuinely started to think that maybe us sitting back, defending and trying to nick a goal was the only way we’d win.

Even in the second half when they made 2 changes and threw one of the centre backs upfront, they were still playing well and could have easily got back into it if they made it 2-1. 

This win was more down to our good play, than their bad, in my opinion.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I don't even know where to start...

Yep.. Our lot would have still been on the way back from boro by the time Bristol City had thrown 3 points away at home to wolves, not an issue at all although quite why it was scheduled for today instead of tomorrow in the first place is a mystery

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I can’t have watched the same game as you. In the first 20 minutes, they were all over us, and I genuinely started to think that maybe us sitting back, defending and trying to nick a goal was the only way we’d win.

Even in the second half when they made 2 changes and threw one of the centre backs upfront, they were still playing well and could have easily got back into it if they made it 2-1. 

We must have been watching different games. Do you think we sneaked a 5-0 win?

I thought they played alright here and there, but they just weren't consistent at it. Everything they did added up to nothing much. And nothing much = poor.

Do you think Sam Johnstone was worried tonight? I doubt it. He won't have had many easier games this season.

I agree our better play won it, but nobody comes off a pitch having lost 5-0 and says, 'you know, we played well there.'

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

And their shit keeper. Should have saved the first and parried away the second. 

37 minutes ago, Heretic said:

It should be said that Bristol City were poor today. They offered barely anything. They were there for the taking early on.

Totally disagree....they were well in the game.

it was only when we got the 3rd it was game over.....but they were still battling.

that is wrong in my opinion.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Totally disagree....they were well in the game.

it was only when we got the 3rd it was game over.....but they were still battling.

that is wrong in my opinion.

They were 'well in the game'?

I wonder if the Bristol City manager and fans agree with you?

If you're right, they must feel okay with today's performance.

They were, as you say, 'well in the game?'

19 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

trust me.....you are right.

after 15 minutes i would have taken the draw.

Jack was phenomenal.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heretic said:

We must have been watching different games. Do you think we sneaked a 5-0 win?

I thought they played alright here and there, but they just weren't consistent at it. Everything they did added up to nothing much. And nothing much = poor.

Do you think Sam Johnstone was worried tonight? I doubt it. He won't have had many easier games this season.

I agree our better play won it, but nobody comes off a pitch having lost 5-0 and says, 'you know, we played well there.'

They were out played by a team that found their confidence.....us.

9 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I don't give a flying **** what there manager or fans think.....they were outplayed.

and I am sick an tired with fans trying to under play our performances, when they are good like that.

they could be tired as a result of two tough games against Man U and Wolves.

But,Don't come to me for sympathy.....we have our own problems.

We stuffed a game side, a side we should be well pleased to beat and attempting to take that away from us is shabby.

beating Middlesbrough away and Bristol at home.

come on guys......credit, where credit is due.

it can't be heads we're shite ,tails we're shite

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Just now, Heretic said:

Well in the game, and outplayed?

I think it's the latter.

They were game, but we were better.....what part of that do you not understand.

In the late 70's......we beat Liverpool 5-1 the best team in Europe......They were a great side, but on the night we were phenomenal.

Embrace it.

otherwise you will become a very depressed and cynical fan.

snap out of it.

We slaughtered a good team and tough competitor tonight. I think it would be very, very difficult to find something negative about that. So I'm not going to go looking. 

Tonight the lions roared.

19 minutes ago, Heretic said:

So basically if we batter anyone it's because they were shit?

• Like 1

Results are obviously more important than performances, but at the end of the day if we the fans see our team play on the offensive and give it their all the 'hysteria' will stop. It is only when we put in a tepid, hoof ball performance with little movement or creativity and hundreds of back passes that the fans get truly upset. Most know we won't win every game, it's the manor of the losses that hurt and the tactics and substitutions that accompany them.

I think so far under Bruce I have seen two similar-ish performances to today (not as good obviously) where we have played positive attacking football where we close down quickly.

Would we still be talking about an amazing 5:0 win if Davies, Onomah, Lansbury and Whelan hadn't suffered injuries? I doubt it, not saying Bruce doesn't deserve credit for picking the lads up after the Brentford sh*t show, but lets hope we build on this, the more we go on the offensive rather than trying not to lose the more the fans will come round. 

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

No. Why would you draw that conclusion because of the result of one game?

What's puzzling me is the praise for a team on the end of a 5-0 beating?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Well, we're never not shit hence it follows that using that constant we can determine the degree of shitness in the opposing team. Tonight it must surely have peaked on the shitness counter charts if my calculations are positively within the confidence intervals.

Just now, Heretic said:

Because the logic you're using is:

39 minutes ago, Heretic said:

nobody comes off a pitch having lost 5-0 and says, 'you know, we played well there.'

Which I get. But do you think maybe it's because we didn't let them play?

When Man City beat a team 5-0 is it just because the other team didn't turn up or is it because Man City are really really good.

Too many times this season we have not been good enough. But tonight we absolutely were. It sounds a lot like you're trying to take credit away from the team. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Where are you getting “praise” from? You said they were “very poor” - they weren’t; we were just very good. 

They started the better side, went gung-ho at the start of the second half, nearly made it 2-1 but then got caught out as they were almost too attacking.

We pretty much nullified one of the most attacking teams in the league and scored 5. Why can’t we have done well here? Madness. 

• Like 2

Â