Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was mentioned in another thread I think but I suspect he’ll walk in the summer and who’d blame him.

We can but hope. Imagine getting rid of him without having to pay him off. That's a result.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jesus wept.

**** this shit. I **** give up.

You don't think the fact that we have spent huge sums on players and can offer higher wages than most teams help our position?

Am I part of some other debate I'm not aware of? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dick said:

We are at a dangerous point as a club, where failure is acceptable - as long as somebody ‘tries’ enough. When people protest that they don’t want failure it is called hysteria and abuse.

Absolutely insane.

You’re spot on. First it had to be automatic promotion, then a play off place and now it’s as long as we’re in touch with a playoff place. Give it a month or two and he’ll be heroically saving us from relegation. Which incidentally he claimed to have done last season. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can’t beleive what a bunch of cry babies on here, I bet people have been tweeting Dr_T to tell him off for being nasty.

From reading this thread SB has had a ridiculous amount of abuse. He is a professional guy doing his best to get Villa promoted and this is what he gets in return. 

It was mentioned in another thread I think but I suspect he’ll walk in the summer and who’d blame him.

Manager underperforming gets some stick on a website. Oh no, won't someone think of the children!!!

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Think you're once again inventing your hysteria. 

I see people questioning decisions and his post match comments. Why is that a problem? Winning a game doesn't make him a God that we all must bow down to. 

He is still way off his targets, criticism and questioning is more than fair. 

So we won a difficult match but people are questioning his post-match comments?

I think those Christmas tokens should be spent on buying a sense of perspective. :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

You don't think the fact that we have spent huge sums on players and can offer higher wages than most teams help our position?

Am I part of some other debate I'm not aware of? 

We spent 4 pages debating this last night.

The notion that we'd spent vast amounts more than anyone else was disproven.

The only thing left to be said was that of the expensive signings, Bruce has made one - two with JT's wages.

The rest were signed under RDM. We couldn't have foreseen what would've happened to McCormack or Kodjia.

Read back over the debate from late last night.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

We spent 4 pages debating this last night.

The notion that we'd spent vast amounts more than anyone else was disproven.

The only thing left to be said was that of the expensive signings, Bruce has made one - two with JT's wages.

The rest were signed under RDM. We couldn't have foreseen what would've happened to McCormack or Kodjia.

Read back over the debate from late last night.

Ah OK. 

• Like 1

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

Sure he can use them but doesn't necessarily mean they are the ones he wanted.

No manager in the world of football bar possibly Pep get's all the players they want.

Certainly no managers in the Championship.

Think Bruce is pretty happy about Adomah, Chester and Kodija for example.

Less so about McGatemack and Tshibola :D

• Like 1

The problem with our team is that it has no spine, which all good teams have. 

Johnstone has developed ok, but he is weak on crosses and it sounds like he could be going anyway.

We have two players at centre half who are at the end of their careers, one that is a joke footballer another that is so accident prone that most of us are on beta blockers, leaving only Chester who is decent and not injured most of the time.

Midfield is just a hotch potch of players largely out of position.

Up front we have, erm....do we have anyone?

The problem that RDM had was he forgot to buy a midfield and so the squad was unbalanced. This squad is aging and injury prone and lacks any shape, cohesion or a plan.

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

And I am not 100% convinced on Kodjia. Despite scoring loads of goals last season there were still more than a sprinkling of dissenters about his overall contribution to the team and he hardly scored during his comeback.  I know there are probably good reasons behind this but as I say I am still not 100% convinced his absence is somekind of disaster. 

Yet we have an average of 2.13 points per game when he is in the team this season, and 1.14 when not. Seems he has some sort of impact, and we might be missing him a little bit.

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The problem that RDM had was he forgot to buy a midfield and so the squad was unbalanced. This squad is aging and injury prone and lacks any shape, cohesion or a plan.

Idrissa Gueye, Jordan Veretout, Adama Traore, and Scott Sinclair say hi. I wouldn't mind that 4 across midfield.

5 hours ago, peterms said:

So what do you think should be done if people behave like that and refuse to moderate their behaviour or language when requested?

I would have thought the stewards should ask the police to speak to them, to say they are out of order and need to stop.  After that, if it continues, remove them, and maybe either move them to empty seats in a different stand, eject them, or arrest them, depending on the extent of the misconduct and whether it's serious enough to warrant (sorry) a charge.  After that, identify them and how they got their tickets, and either warn them about future conduct, or prevent them buying in their own name in future, or from buying in that stand, or if season ticket holders then either move them or cancel the tickets, again depending on the extent of misconduct.

From what you say it seems the stewarding team simply accepted that there was nothing that could be done, and they had to be allowed to continue with what they were doing.  Does ths club actually feel they are powerless to dsal with this?

But harrassment by a handful of individuals should not result in ill-judged comments about mass hysteria, and I doubt that was what was in his mind anyway.

On the incident behind the dugout.....it sounds absolutely amateurish the way it was dealt with, leaving one poor female to deal with it......If the rest of the club is like this and yes the football, god help us.

That should never be allowed to happen....we need sterner more deliberate management of such situations.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

On the incident behind the dugout.....it sounds absolutely amateurish the way it was dealt with, leaving one poor female to deal with it......If the rest of the club is like this and yes the football, god help us.

That should never be allowed to happen....we need sterner more deliberate management of such situations.

Agreed.

Since Micah Richards isn't doing much these days perhaps he can re-assume the role he took upon himself after the Wycombe game?

Since we are paying him we might as well get some use out of him. let him handle the drunks shouting abuse at the games. :D

• Like 1

I’m not really that concerned what a manager says to the press.   His job is to manage a team and get promotion.  

If I did have a beef with his comments, it was his arguing how well we’re doing.  How a football man can watch the match I did and say that we played well against a really good opponent, I’ll never understand.  Both teams played horribly. So many poor decisions and poor passes.  I have seen amateur matches played with much better discipline within a system.  

We scored.  They didn’t.  That’s good.  

Â