Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

No

he‘s a shit manager

and a word remived the way he insults fans

He gets called every name under the sun win, lose or draw and that’s ok apparently. 

He asks for fans to calm down a little and guess what, he’s insulted some more.

32 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Which would change if he showed some form of plan, tactics and strategy for the game.

What are you on about? How do you get to 7th without those things?

Performances are poor, but making up rubbish like this is stupid.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He gets called every name under the sun win, lose or draw and that’s ok apparently. 

He asks for fans to calm down a little and guess what, he’s insulted some more.

Ever consider he'd best let the football do the talking?

But I guess that's just too much to ask, regardless of the millions he gets paid. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

What are you on about? How do you get to 7th without those things?

Outspending every team but 1 by a gargantuan margin probably helps a fair bit. 

Bruce is not incompetent at this level, far from it.

I just don't think he's good enough at this point in time to take us where we want to go

• Like 3

Great win but then we do seem to do ok against teams that play the agricultural football we do.  Every time we play a team that play football we struggle.  The only game I can think of where he outwitted a footballing team was Fulham at Villa Park.

Tomorrow is a massive game against a team that can play a bit.  Let's see how we do then before having a pop at the fans Mr Bruce.

• Like 1

Can’t beleive what a bunch of cry babies on here, I bet people have been tweeting Dr_T to tell him off for being nasty.

From reading this thread SB has had a ridiculous amount of abuse. He is a professional guy doing his best to get Villa promoted and this is what he gets in return. 

It was mentioned in another thread I think but I suspect he’ll walk in the summer and who’d blame him.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It was mentioned in another thread I think but I suspect he’ll walk in the summer and who’d blame him.

We'll either fail to get promoted and he'll get sacked.

Or we'll get promoted, you think he'd walk then? because a section of the fans are nasty towards him.

He's been a player and manager for 40 years or so, if this kind of "abuse" is too much for him he'd have quit ages ago. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

What? And give up the job he's been waiting his entire lifetime for? 

He'll never leave voluntarily. Sadly.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can’t beleive what a bunch of cry babies on here, I bet people have been tweeting Dr_T to tell him off for being nasty.

From reading this thread SB has had a ridiculous amount of abuse. He is a professional guy doing his best to get Villa promoted and this is what he gets in return. 

If he walks in the summer it will be because he has failed to win promotion. The very reason that people are giving him abuse is because they fear that this will be the case.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's a level of abuse that's uncalled for, but to be honest, it's hard to like the man when he takes the first good result in weeks as an opportunity for a sly pop at the fans, and it's not the first time.

Yep.

what’s wrong with: “I’m pleased for the fans, it’s been a tough few weeks but we have all pulled together.”

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sherwood, Lambert and others did too, did they hit out at the fans for being frustrated with awful football and no wins in 6 (or however many it was!). 

Bruce is the first manager we have had where criticism is unacceptable- the bloke needs to grow up.

We are at a dangerous point as a club, where failure is acceptable - as long as somebody ‘tries’ enough. When people protest that they don’t want failure it is called hysteria and abuse.

Absolutely insane.

Edited by Dick
  • Like 1

I think as a manager Bruce is struggling to deal with the expectations of the fans. At most (if not all) of his previous clubs his teams were underdogs and his team set up as such.

At the Villa it is different, we don't really see ourselves as underdogs and we want to play with a style that is fitting to the club's name.

Bruce is never going to match that IMO. However, like it or not, he is probably here until the end of the season and we just have to hope his approach is enough to get us up because IMO it is unlikely unless things go majorly pear shaped he will be leaving.

• Like 1

Â