Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

I mean, apart from Chelsea finishing 10th last season... sure.

Ludicrous comparison anyway, not even monetarily, but as Chelsea and Real Madrid go after proven, winning managers.  That's exactly what we've done with both Di Matteo and Steve Bruce.  And we don't mess around with our managers.

Your basic point is "I want to win matches" which we all do.  Including Bruce.

It's alright wanting, its another thing getting. 

9 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Newcastle had a poor team but were very well organized and managed.  They will require a big shake up to their squad if they are to stay in the premiership.

I wish our only problem was requiring a big shake up to stay in the premiership. We are a poor team that are not very well organized and badly managed.

54 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Grasshopper?

Oh believe me, I would have

1) appointed Pearson to sort out the outs - then Sacked him if he did an RDM resultswise

2) Appointed Bruce after the 10-12 game mark

3) Sacked him latest after Brentford

4) Would have gone all out for the following (in order)

Sliva (Hull) Clements (Swansea) Houghton Wagner Fulham guy Dean Smith or Monk.

Last Resort would have been Rowett

We may not have made the playoffs, but we'd be going into next season with more hope than with Bruce. AND our season would more likely have gone to the wire.

• Like 2

Perhaps we can pull our own "unknown" from nowhere. If we have the right men in at the top that's what they should be looking for. It's alright for us fans to suggest names or ask who can we get? But it's not our job and we don't have the same amount of time or resources. 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Intuition, experienceina nose for a deduction, call it what you will.I don't think he is a great manager or in the class of Graham Taylor, but I equally don't think he is an idiot.

I am no ITK either.

also, I find it hard to criticise anyones posts because they are opinions, their opinions and they carry no more weight or less weight than mine.

I have no interest whatsoever in being right....I just want my team to play well and win and do so with an air of dignity.

I am searching for answers as to why we are playing so badly, but I just don't share the view that it is all down to the manager or better explained, he has his hands tied, by not being able to field the players to fix the problems.

I have no doubt at all like all posters, the football, the balance the things we all see, is low,low grade.

but we all know that, what we don't know, but speculate on is why.

I respect everyones opinion on here, even the posters who want him out, because I know deep down, they just want to watch their team and be proud of it win, lose or draw ( we all want to win) I am also experienced to know , you can't win every game and you can't just be happy if you win, we have to be happy with the team in their performances as well as their results.

I renewed my season Ticket for next year after 10 years lapse and during that 10 year wilderness, I have not missed much in terms of a team to be proud of ( always been proud of the Institution, else i wouldn't be a fan).

I am not expecting to see this team in the guise that it presently is next season......and I am expecting us to be challenging.

FWIW in the present guise this team is not capable of challenging, in my view.

Looking forward to next season......and leaving "Annus horibillus"

For somebody who, IIRC, gave up their ST due to poor football In the MON era, how on earth can you justify getting one after the shite we've endured under Bruce

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Perhaps we can pull our own "unknown" from nowhere. If we have the right men in at the top that's what they should be looking forarrow-10x10.png. It's alright for us fans to suggest names or ask who can we get? But it's not our job and we don't have the same amount of time or resources. 

Not convinced by them either. I certainly want Bruce replaced, but I am also aware that these guys have cocked things up twice already with RDM and then Bruce.

Caught between a rock and a hard place.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

I mean, apart from Chelsea finishing 10th last season... sure.

Ludicrous comparison anyway, not even monetarily, but as Chelsea and Real Madrid go after proven, winning managers.  That's exactly what we've done with both Di Matteo and Steve Bruce.  And we don't mess around with our managers.

Your basic point is "I want to win matches" which we all do.  Including Bruce.

And anyway we got rid of RDM even quicker than Chelsea did so shouldn't we be even more successful ?!! ;)

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

if we thumped Brighton 5-1 final game that would be a statement for next season 

It would also be the first time this season that one of our games involved more than 4 goals, never mind 5.

5 hours ago, TRO said:
  • Its a fact we are playing poor, its not a fact he isn't trying to fix it, that is an opinion.
  • We couldn't only get one  win in the first 15 games, so to say there is no progress is an opinion, not a fact.
  • The players you refer to played well in teams playing alongside other players, they are now playing in our team alongside our players, its an opinion that they can do it, not a fact.
  • What Steve Bruce is trying to do isn't working to our/his liking, I agree Fact......to say its just not working carte Blanche is your interpretation.....we beat Norwich and sheff Wed recently....something was working then.
  • You cannot understand how anyone can still be behind him.....maybe many do not share your opinion and willing to give him time to work on the job

I appreciate your opinions.....you just need to tend to "your facts":)

I agree that Steve is trying to fix the poor playing style, my contention is that he simply doesn't know how to fix it because if he did, over 35 games we would have seen some kind of progress. You believe that he can and will succeed, I and some others feel he won't.

I

• Like 4

3 hours ago, slowandlow said:

For somebody who, IIRC, gave up their ST due to poor football In the MON era, how on earth can you justify getting one after the shite we've endured under Bruce

Good point....because i thought it was going to change and it never did.

I thought this season would be better, especially after the Jan Shopping, but i realise i was expecting too much....especially after losing our 2 best players.

I think the forth coming season will be much better, with a further strengthened side and further stability.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

1) appointed Pearson to sort out the outs - then Sacked him if he did an RDM resultswise

We may not have made the playoffs, but we'd be going into next season with more hope than with Bruce. AND our season would more likely have gone to the wire.

Seems like you enjoy spunking money away even more than the board!

Since you had a clear plan why wouldn't you "go all out" for 1 of those managers from the get go?

This is basically saying you would have done 2/3rds of what has already been done and rearrange some names. lol

9 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Last chance for Bruce to convince Tony that he should be "relieved of his duties".

No "get out of jail" card in Kodjia.

Chance to use Hogan as he is supposed to be used, by providing him with the right service.

Some attacking intent from Green, Adomah, Hourihane & Lansbury dominating midfield and the Brighton half.

A stable defence in Bree, Chester, Baker, Taylor & Jedi solid doung their defensive jobs using the midfield and wings as outlets.

Youth player in goal. With everything in front of him working a treat we wont need him often.

But alas, I predict a mass of defenders, Hutton our outlet down the right, long balls to Hogan who gets replaced by an uninspiring Gaby on 70mins.

An embarassing defeat, with no shots on target, a number of defensive mistakes punished by a good solid opposition of square pegs in square holes.

An aftermatch interview stating not only the obvious, but a deja vu of the last 20+ games postmatch talks to please the british press and their little Englander bias.

What a shit show

Bruce out

Here here, well said.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I've read some really great Bruce in posts over the previous few pages. Backed up with facts and good reasons. It's made me stay in the Bruce in camp.

I haven't seen any Bruce out posts that have made me question my decision.

Most of the Bruce out posts make me picture a moody five yr old with his arms folded saying...I want pretty football.

At least Grasshopper has laid his stall out here and said what he'd like to have seen. But I must say I'm so glad it hasn't happened and I hope the club stick to their guns.

BRUCE IN

• Like 1

Â