Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Because they have survived the first half against the most expensively assembled squad in championship history. In a majestic stadium, against former European champions. And they know they have chance of winning .

Reading all these comments about Bruce made me wonder; when was the last time we have been wrong about a manager ? A player here and there I'm sure there have been a few ? But not the manager. When the fans have had enough I don't think I've ever known us to go back and sy how wrong we were.

• Like 2

yes this is the worst position we have been in since the 1969/70 season. What happened then, we sacked the manager too late and got relegated. I don't want an endless turnover of ,managers but unless things improve over the next 4 or 5 games he has to go.

6 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Reading all these comments about Bruce made me wonder; when was the last time we have been wrong about a manager ? A player here and there I'm sure there have been a few ? But not the manager. When the fans have had enough I don't think I've ever known us to go back and sy how wrong we were.

That's a good point although it could also be the case that as a club we "break" managers and destroy their reputations.

• Like 1

Not sure Mcleish, Sherwood, Garde and Black had much in the way of reputations.

Lambert was a punt , and did just as badly after he went.

Which leaves RDM who never seemed a strong enough character to take on the full rebuild ( but left so soon we won't know for certain).

And Bruce.

And each of those two has had as much failure as success.

Like most Managrrd really.

We will get the right one sooner or later and because the investment is there it will be ok.

Mobody would've thought it'd be Vic Crowe all those years ago who would turn it around.

Of course, like then, we may need to go as low as the third tier before we find the guy !

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

I'm not happy.

I don't think we should sack Bruce, and I understand why we have taken a huge step back after the January window.

But things need to improve and they need to improve soon.

• Like 1

I don't pretend to know what the answer is, what is worrying is that I'm just starting not to care anymore. Can't be bothered with it all. I want Bruce to do well but if he isn't willing to just let the team play even slightly attacking football and giving them a hint of a coherent or identifiable idea or plan of what to do then he should just leave. Steve, do you know what the definition of insanity is?

Edited by Ingram85

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not happy.

I don't think we should sack Bruce, and I understand why we have taken a huge step back after the January window.

But things need to improve and they need to improve soon.

We haven't taken a huge step back. We were crap before the window too. 

There is no way a squad with the talent at Bruce's disposal and stuffed with quality players untainted by Villas recent history should not hit the ground running. We should have offered Wagner a kings ransom to come back in October and we would be in the playoff positions now

i can't see Bruce turning it around but Also doubt we can attract a long term appointment at this late stage. Hopefully we can limp along until the end of the season and get rid then but I'd also take Little as caretaker as a better bet than Bruce at the moment

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

We haven't taken a huge step back. We were crap before the window too. 

There is no way a squad with the talent at Bruce's disposal and stuffed with quality players untainted by Villas recent history should not hit the ground running. We should have offered Wagner a kings ransom to come back in October and we would be in the playoff positions now

i can't see Bruce turning it around but Also doubt we can attract a long term appointment at this late stage. Hopefully we can limp along until the end of the season and get rid then but I'd also take Little as caretaker as a better bet than Bruce at the moment

I agree we should be doing better, but we've changed half the team and implemented a completely new system.

It's not an excuse for 3 losses in a row, and I reiterate that I'm saying things MUST improve, and soon.

I was just saying I can see why we may have taken a step back.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Think Xia will keep him until the end if the season

Can't see it if this run of results continues. Bruce is also on a rolling contract so little to think about in severance pay.

What's Bruce's football philosophy? What is Steve Rounds football philosophy? I'm baffled. We are a never ending train wreck. I've become immune to how shit & insignificant we have become. 

Constsntly changing the manager isn't the answer. But I never wanted or rated Bruce either so I'm stumped what's the best way forward and don't have faith in the guys paid to make these decisions to make the right ones. 

I had convinced myself that we needed stability.  I was wrong.   Stability right now is the same as complacency.   The same complacency that crept through the club as RL left it adrift.   I have been livid with players who wouldn't fight like lions, today I realized that "stability" is the same thing at the off-field level.  

Bruce out.   Now.

• Like 1

I wanted bruce, and thought he would come in with a no frills approach and sort this shit out, get players playing and make us a solid unit. Instead it couldnt be any different. Weve got fullbacks playing as wingbacks, signed  creative midfielders and completely bypass them. How many times did nathan baker have the ball today and look totally out his comfort zone? Did anything change? No it carried on. Scott hogan no service first half, did thag change 2nd? No he was probably more isolated. Today is the first time i had that horrible sinking feeling about the whole bruce thing

Edited by Uncle Albert

If you give your manager that much cash to buy players ,then plays a formation that doesn't suit them than your in trouble ..

Bruce did well when he first came in , it started to go wrong and he blamed the players .Wrong mentality he said , I won't stand for that he said so off he goes rebuilds midfield  adds a LB , a GK and a 12 mil striker and guess what we are still shit.

Momentum is a big thing in football and if this continues not only are we going to be facing a fight to stay up but we go into preseason on back of an awful run.With promotion no longer an option we simply can afford to carry on this poor form into the summer.

if we sack him we will look a shambles but IMO he is on very thin ice now.The resorting to resorting to 3 cbs tactic historically as been the beginning of the end for our most recent manager's.If your spending near in 20mil on players then playing basically 5 defenders and instructing a cm to sit deep then your showing opposition as average as Ipswich that your scared to lose .That is just not acceptable 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree we should be doing better, but we've changed half the team and implemented a completely new system.

It's not an excuse for 3 losses in a row, and I reiterate that I'm saying things MUST improve, and soon.

I was just saying I can see why we may have taken a step back.

Again...with you on this entirely. And we really must improve, from being play off potentials (until last week I believed) we are suddenly sleepwalking into the same fate wolves did 4 years ago, do we change manager, i'd have said that's madness not long ago, but 2/3 more games and we may be crying out for a/any new manager bounce to keep us up, despite the talent at our disposal!

We really are looking like a jinx at present for players, managers alike

Edited by Mammoth10
Typo

Â