Next Villa Manager

Richard

Bruce is probably the best candidate.

But can you imagine saying that 10 years ago? 5 thousand fans with pitchforks and torches would have been out on Trinity Road.

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

But can you imagine saying that 10 years ago? 5 thousand fans with pitchforks and torches would have been out on Trinity Road.

True RJ, It appears now IF Bruce arrived it's looking like a red carpet and a champagne reception by many!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

10 years ago? Hell go back 3 months when Xia took over and if anyone had suggested Bruce they would have been called insane. a crap start to the season and suddenly mr potato head is the new messiah

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NulliSecundus said:

If Dyche gets the gig I honestly don't know what we are playing at. Basically a Bruce we have to pay compensation for. I have no confidence that his ceiling is any better than Bruce when (if) we get back to the Premier League.

I'd very much prefer Dyche to Bruce. Would take either though.

7 minutes ago, NulliSecundus said:

If Dyche gets the gig I honestly don't know what we are playing at. Basically a Bruce we have to pay compensation for. I have no confidence that his ceiling is any better than Bruce when (if) we get back to the Premier League.

We dont know what Dyches ceiling is, but we do know Bruces!

Either have history of getting out of this league, Dyche did it playing the right way too.

• Like 3

Dyche has done very well over about 4-5 seasons with Burnley, promoted and relegated. 

Bruce has done well with clubs being promoted and more experience in the top flight over a longer number of years. 

It depends how much you think Dyche brings a different freshness and whether you think Bruce who at 55 is not over the hill really is an old dog with old tricks.( though his last promotion was er, last season ) 

I like Dyche too, but there's always the issue that when someone has done very well with a particular club in their first main job, it's partly that magic fit between the man and the club, the style and the resources available. It might turn out to be unfair but equally Bruce has achieved promotions with multiple clubs. 

• Like 2