Next Villa Manager

Richard

1 hour ago, TRO said:
  • Promotions are a pretty relevant point and encompass so many elements that you need to get right to achieve it.IMO

If you see his promotions as proof that he has all those skills I listed than fair enough it is your opinion that he has all that in his locker. My personal opinion after watching his career over the years, is that he is a very limited manager. Who is especially a disaster in the transfer window, leaving a club with when he goes with a selection of jobbing journeymen they can't shift.  Like I said before he can organise a team, but that is the absolute bare minimum I would expect from any manager.

I could go on to list at lot of failed, and terrible managers (admittedly IMO) that have got clubs promoted. Roberto Di Matteo, Ian Holloway, Alex McLeish, Owen Coyle, Tony Mowbray and Phil Brown off the top of my head. That fact that he has had more promotions than others, as I said is because he has had opportunity to repeat it, instead of staying up. 

On who the managerial messiah should be. Honestly, I really don't know anymore, but I'm of the opinion that the footballing experts our club pays hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to, should have a wider breadth of knowledge of football coaching across the world than me. And be able to find more than the first, out of work jobbing manager that most people could've thought of. Look at Southampton, they've consistently plucked managers from (relative) obscurity. 

If someone's name is put forward, I'll do a bit of research on them and form my opinion.  Dyche for example (although unlikely) seems like a good solid coach on the way up in his career. When he might not be a superstar for us, I don't think he would be a disaster. 

But my opinion is my opinion, I mean at the time we hired them I was, fairly nonplussed on McLeish, really pleased with Lambert, absolutely fuming about Sherwood, and thought Remi Garde could be great but was a total gamble. So I've got a scattered track record, I'm not afraid to admit.

• Like 4

Why hasn't Bruce got the job yet? Are we waiting for Clarke to lose a few games first? And secondly why do people even think that Dyce would leave a Premier League club to join our shambles? Burnley have a far bigger purchasing power than we have, regardless if we like that fact or not.

We are already too far behind to realistically finish top-2 as our biggest rivals are doing what they are expected to.

We really can't afford to give Clarke a few games to see how he does. By then we will be beyond rescue and no even remotely decent manager would wan't to join us and this season will be a write off.

I'm all for doing this appointment properly and getting the right guy in, but the clock is ticking...

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

is it just me that dislikes bruce for this moment more than anything he might have done with them other lot?

steve-bruce-goal-celeb-sheffield-wednesd

That match was the biggest game changer in our modern history for me!!!!! He owes us a lot. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KSV said:

Meh to Dyche. If we are going young and inexperienced..prefer Wagner. More innovative and inspiring manager. Bruce is ok for experience

Based on what exactly? 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/burnley-boss-sean-dyche-hits-8594996

“Perception is radically different to what is going on with young English managers.

“I just saw Gael Clichy talking about the diet that Pep has brought in — he’s stopped pizza . He was talking about how this new diet was amazing, saying we don’t eat junk food. 

“We’ve been doing that since I got here. I did it at Watford. So are other English managers. Because I’m Sean Dyche, you wouldn’t be interested. It’s ‘Go on Pep, tell us about your pizzas!’

Edited by mikeyp102

Dr Tony drove himself all the way to Yorkshire

bought us back a pudding

only joking of course...i am getting to the stage of zedsville with it all. Just want it done one way or another

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Why hasn't Bruce got the job yet? Are we waiting for Clarke to lose a few games first? And secondly why do people even think that Dyce would leave a Premier League club to join our shambles? Burnley have a far bigger purchasing power than we have, regardless if we like that fact or not.

He has got it. Will be announced tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For those questioning why it's taking so long have your ever started a job a few days after your interview? Never mind if your contract Is worth millions. These things take time. It's nothing to do with other options. The job is Bruce's.

It shouldn't have taken that long because they had plenty of time to sort it out with Bruce before they sacked RDM. Swansea had barely time to sack their manager before Bradley was behind his desk.

• Like 3