Next Villa Manager

Richard

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Without hitting me with the 'we're a bigger club' rhetoric..... can someone give a logical reason why Dyche would leave Burnley, after a relatively safe start to the season (in the Premier League!!!!) for us, sitting 19th in the championship and a utter shambles. I have no problems with respecting him as a manager but surely its blind hope that there is any chance he would come to us..... am i wrong? Please, anyone explain it to me, I'm all ears (or eyes as i can only read what you write)

That is it.

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

Rumour i heard...... Rowett has been spoken to and isn't 100% against a move, hold on to your hats guys.

Be ironic given the reported only thing going against Bruce was his SHA connections.

If he comes here and flops we really are going to be a laughing stock !   

(I actually don't think Rowett is in the frame TBH) 

12 hours ago, jon_c said:

So?

So was McLeish, so was Keane, so was Ince. Stuart Pearce was captain under Brian Clough, I wouldn't want him either. 

did you forget the 4 promotions and the England Candidate?.....did they all have that as well?, or was that not so convenient to write.

Edited by TRO

Rumours is the eleventh studio album by the British-American rock band Fleetwood Mac. Largely recorded in California during 1976, it was produced by the band with Ken Caillat and Richard Dashut and was released on 4 February 1977 by Warner Bros. Records. The record reached the top of both the United States Billboard chart and the United Kingdom Albums Chart. The songs "Go Your Own Way", "Dreams", "Don't Stop", and "You Make Loving Fun" were released as singles. Rumours is Fleetwood Mac's most successful release; along with winning the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 1978, the record has sold over 45 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time. Rumours has received diamond certifications in several countries, including the US, Canada, and Australia.

The band wanted to expand on the commercial success of the 1975 record Fleetwood Mac, but struggled with relationship breakups before recording started. The Rumours studio sessions were marked by hedonistic behaviour and interpersonal strife among Fleetwood Mac members; these experiences shaped the album's lyrics. Influenced by pop music, the record's tracks were recorded using a combination of acoustic and electric instruments. The mixing process delayed the completion of Rumours, but was finished by the end of 1976. Following the album's release in 1977, Fleetwood Mac undertook worldwide promotional tours.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

did you forget the 4 promotions and the England Candidate?.....did they all have that as well?, or was that not so convenient to write.

OK so, England candidate means nothing as far as I'm concerned the judgement of the FA is absolutely terrible. People on here completely disparaging Hodgson and actually was England manage.

On the promotions, he got more than other managers yes, but some have less because they stayed at the same club. Or haven't been relegated, so weren't down there to get promoted.

My point is what about him, makes people think he'll get us promoted this season? 

His tactical decision making, his coaching skills, his ability to bring through the youth, his scouting skills and transfer dealings, his ability to turn round a failing team in record time? 

Or because "four promotions", because I would like the reasons for an appointment to be more in depth and researched than that. After all Neil Warnock has more promotions than anyone, are we assuming Cardiff to go up this year?

My initial point on the captain comment still stands. 

• Like 3

Nobody gives a shit about our history.

Dyche would have to be a lunatic to go from a team at which he's already wildly respected, with a team he built himself that should stay up fairly comfortably, with no great pressure or expectations on him, to jumping down a tier to scrap for promotion, with a questionable team put together by someone else, at a club that has sacked 3 managers in a year.

A huge pile of money might persuade him, but it's probably a bad career move.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Nobody gives a shit about our history.

Dyche would have to be a lunatic to go from a team at which he's already wildly respected, with a team he built himself that should stay up fairly comfortably, with no great pressure or expectations on him, to jumping down a tier to scrap for promotion, with a questionable team put together by someone else, at a club that has sacked 3 managers in a year.

A huge pile of money might persuade him, but it's probably a bad career move.

Whether he would or wouldn't is irrelevant IMO. You discreetly ask him before risking loosing the manager you have 'in the bag' 

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Sorry I haven't posted on Villatalk in a while guys, I've been wanking for days and days since the rumours of Steve Bruce's arrival came out. Hopefully no-one noticed.

Sorry mate, looks like someone did

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm underwhelmed by Bruce, I'm still slightly disconnected from the club following the years of utter shite under Lerner. I wanted something to rally behind and reconnect. Although I think Bruce will be competent, I'm not going to flog myself to see Steve Bruce's Villa. 

I wonder, where do we as Villa fans get off wanting to be excited at this point in time? We're sitting 18th in the Championship ffs, we appoint whoever is best suited to getting us out of this mess...and if it happens to be Steve Bruce no matter how uninspiring he may seem, then so be it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Without hitting me with the 'we're a bigger club' rhetoric..... can someone give a logical reason why Dyche would leave Burnley, after a relatively safe start to the season (in the Premier League!!!!) for us, sitting 19th in the championship and a utter shambles. I have no problems with respecting him as a manager but surely its blind hope that there is any chance he would come to us..... am i wrong? Please, anyone explain it to me, I'm all ears (or eyes as i can only read what you write)

Agree, would add that Burnley stood by him in their relegation year when a lot of clubs don't, we'd need a serious sales pitch to get him, probably a contract 2nd to rafa too, hence I've never really considered it likely but at the same time will be very impressed with Dr tone if it does