Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Why are Skybet still pricing him at 15/8 then? Shorter than any high street bookie!  :D

Their price reflects the money laid on him today, I'd imagine. That's kind of how odds work.

Just now, choffer said:

Their price reflects the money laid on him today, I'd imagine. That's kind of how odds work.

Well if sky are so confident then push it out to 5/1 and mop up the cash!.. 

Bruce will be announced in 24hrs IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

I wonder what is taking so long? We do have a match this weekend. 

Someone ordered XXL Tracksuits for Bruce's PC Tomorrow and since found out he's now a Medium :D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jon_c said:

OK so, England candidate means nothing as far as I'm concerned the judgement of the FA is absolutely terrible. People on here completely disparaging Hodgson and actually was England manage.

On the promotions, he got more than other managers yes, but some have less because they stayed at the same club. Or haven't been relegated, so weren't down there to get promoted.

My point is what about him, makes people think he'll get us promoted this season? 

His tactical decision making, his coaching skills, his ability to bring through the youth, his scouting skills and transfer dealings, his ability to turn round a failing team in record time? 

Or because "four promotions", because I would like the reasons for an appointment to be more in depth and researched than that. After all Neil Warnock has more promotions than anyone, are we assuming Cardiff to go up this year?

My initial point on the captain comment still stands. 

• so you get short listed for the best job in the land ( arguably) and it means "Jack" to you in terms of appraising a manager, there must be many they speak to who do....but hey! your call.
  • Promotions are a pretty relevant point and encompass so many elements that you need to get right to achieve it.IMO
  • Would you achieve  4 promotions  in the absence of all those attributes you mention.....debatable....I think not.
  • What/Who is this in depth managerial genius you are searching for, is there any likelyhood of such character.... or for that matter applies to fixing us.....I happen to think what is wrong with us Neil Warnock could probably have fixed.
  • You seem to think we need some sophisticated "Stephen Hawking" type approach from a manager , I don't .....I think its the very opposite, I thinks its the very basics that the players seem difficult to execute on match day and the rest of the division are doing commendably well.

.....My captain comment was meant to portray he( Bruce) is not exactly a shrinking violet....like we ( as a team)could be described.

No prospective manager has a guarantee label wrapped around his neck....so its pointless any of us getting all precious about who it should be.....as if one is more likely than the other.

That is just simply our own personal opinions....FWIW

PS In my humble opinion....its a simple game made complicated by those that struggle to see its simplicity.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Not that I think we will be hiring him, but all you've got for the above statement is your own opinion - even if you've phrased it as a statement of fact.  Which isn't enough to stop people from debating it.

Just seems pointless, for me it's as pointless as saying why don't we go for Eddie Howe or karunka none are coming. Now being reported duchess isn't interested and I don't blame him

Would someone drop down a league to join Leeds or forest because they are bigger clubs than burley or Bournemouth?

Edited by Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just seems pointless, for me it's as pointless as saying why don't we go for Eddie Howe or karunka none are coming. Now being reported duchess isn't interested and I don't blame him

Would someone drop down a league to join Leeds or forest because they are bigger clubs than burley or Bournemouth?

Wonder if Prince William knew she applied for the job?