Match Thread: Barnsley v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

So disappointing considering how strongly we finished the Newcastle match. 

Yup. He's not just a man that doesn't know the answer, he's a man that wrote down the right answer, then tippexed it out, and smeared shit on the paper instead.

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No.

You called criticism of him 'scapegoating' but seemingly you don't actually know what the word means. 

It means someone being blamed for mistakes of others. Nobody is therefore scapegoating RDM you are quite literally talking nonesense.

There is no vendetta either, that's is perhaps another word to look up.

And nobody is dismissing others opinions, just rubbishing attempts to label criticism of RDM with completely ill fitting words like scapegoat.

As I said, nonesense. 

Trent, have respected you for a long time.  But I disagree with so many assertions in this post.  (and will set aside the patronizing as unimportant.)

RDM IS being blamed for mistakes of others (scapegoat). I doubt that there have been no mistakes other than his that led to our record.   Not even during the time he's been here.  Player errors, Lerner errors. previous managers.  All have contributed.  He is not the only problem.  

To be considerate I looked up scapegoat and it can also be one that is the object of irrational hostility.  In my view, making stuff up about someone to attack them with constitutes irrational hostility.  I would also call it scapegoating to make up stuff as ridicule.  (if we had three good midfielders he wouldn't play them, for example.  there are others here  he would probably sub and put Cissokho in a free role.... there are others, you can read them if you care to)  

I would (and the dictionary would agree) call it a vendetta to make negative comments with the intent to cause harm to a disliked person (getting him sacked).  I see that in these pages.

IMO, calling another posters viewpoint utter nonsense is dismissing others opinions.  You are, currently at least, viewing that differently. Fair enough.

I'm not saying he's doing fine and dandy.  He's not.  But there is a vendetta, contrary to your assertion otherwise.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I don't like Alladyce, but this is what happens when you have years of morale sapping, dreadful, dreadful football. He would defo get results, but he may view the Championship below him still?

He'd find a way around it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

What does this picture say? It says:

RDM- 'Ummmmmmm, hmmmmmmnnnn I should ermmmmmmmmmmm'

Terry- 'let's switch back to 442 diamond, you stay back, guard the back four, he goes up shadow striker'

Cahill- 'Derp?'

RDM managed Chelsea to CL victory in the same way that my underpants do my IT job

• Like 1