PieFacE

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

..and end up paying £15m in panic tax (Mustafi etc)

I don't care about their turnover or profits, or them paying off their stadium, and being self sufficient...they are the worst run football club in the country.

I think Man United are worse, but they get away with it more because of their enormous revenue streams.

Got absolute pelters on twitter for saying the 40m bid for Zaha was an insult and they should double it. Their fans are absolutely deluded. We are being quoted 25-30m for championship players! Zaha is probably the 2nd best player in his position in the league.

4 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Got absolute pelters on twitter for saying the 40m bid

Zaha is 26 and has plenty of years left on his contract. If you see the prices players are moving for this summer an appropriate bid would be around £70m minimum. I wouldn't expect palace to sell for less than 80. 

The 40 million pound bid was embarrassing for arsenal. 

I think the bid is fine, and I'm really surprised at the BBC publishing an article basically saying that Palace are furious and fully supporting it.  Never seen that for any other club.

Zaha at £70m is **** ridiculous, but it will happen around that mark.  The Premier League is just continuing to destroy football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I think the bid is fine, and I'm really surprised at the BBC publishing an article basically saying that Palace are furious and fully supporting it.  Never seen that for any other club.

Zaha at £70m is **** ridiculous, but it will happen around that mark.  The Premier League is just continuing to destroy football.

I get the idea that football is getting ruined, but I really don't see how a £35mil transfer or £70mil transfer is any different in that equasion.

I think Palace going down would cost a lot more than 40 million and he is the best player at club, similar to us with Benteke. We got 30 million for Benteke and the market exploded even more since then

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Zaha at £70m is **** ridiculous, but it will happen around that mark. 

It's not though, it's just the current market rate. Everyone knows how much money the premier league generates and prices reflect that.  It's just capitalism at work. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It's not though, it's just the current market rate. Everyone knows how much money the premier league generates and prices reflect that.  It's just capitalism at work. 

Only 13 transfers in history have been for £70m+.  £70m would be a club record signing for Man City.  Zaha is not worth £70m - it isn't the market rate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Only 13 transfers in history have been for £70m+.  £70m would be a club record signing for Man City.  Zaha is not worth £70m - it isn't the market rate.

It is though. You can't look back at historical transfers because it doesn't factor in the inflation in transfers. Perez £30m, Wan Bissaka £50m, Kalvin Phillips £25m, Lukaku £70m that's the current market rate. It doesn't matter how much bale cost or ronaldo cost or shearer cost or lentini cost. This is the current market where a player lyon bought for €8m is worth £65m when he moves to the premier league.  £50m is the price for an average player, £80m+ is the price for a good player and £200m+ is the price for a world class player. Athletico just bought some an 18 year old with potential for €126m, that's the market.     

Zaha is worth £80m in today's market. 

Edited by villa89

No clubs bar Man Utd, City, Real, Barca (only one a season though), Chelsea or PSG can afford 50m+ with any regularity.

It's not like the £50m is just £50m either, with those fees, the players and agents are automatically looking at >£200k a week, probably closer to £300k a week, minimum. 

So over a 4 year contract that  initial £50m is actually £120m including wages.  

If Arsenal or Spurs or Everton come at you, you've got to expect not to get the £80m, but closer to £40m. 

Arsenal's problem is, they kinda started this whole "inflated" market thing back in the early 00's, but their successes don't reflect it, as such their revenue is lower and they can't claw back on the super rich clubs because we have state backed clubs like City or Chinese owned clubs (declining now because of the rule changes getting money out of China) where money isn't an object.  

Eventually these "super" clubs will fall, like Arsenal have and someone else will have a go.  

It's clubs like Palace and Villa (hopefully) who get these good players, improve them into players who are certain to perform at Premier League levels and then sell them on for the big bucks.  

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If Arsenal or Spurs or Everton come at you, you've got to expect not to get the £80m, but closer to £40m

Two Points here, 1. Palace can afford to turn down £40m quite easily, it's not a head turning amount of money for them. Just like Leicester can demand £80m for Maguire. Once a player has a few years left on his contract then there's no panic to cash in. 2. Zaha is 26 so palace can keep him for next season, he will help keep them up and then next summer he'll still be worth £80m or if transfer inflation keeps happening possibly even more.  

Edited by villa89

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It is though. You can't look back at historical transfers because it doesn't factor in the inflation in transfers. Perez £30m, Wan Bissaka £50m, Kalvin Phillips £25m, Lukaku £70m that's the current market rate. It doesn't matter how much bale cost or ronaldo cost or shearer cost or lentini cost. This is the current market where a player lyon bought for €8m is worth £65m when he moves to the premier league.  £50m is the price for an average player, £80m+ is the price for a good player and £200m+ is the price for a world class player. Athletico just bought some an 18 year old with potential for €126m, that's the market.     

Zaha is worth £80m in today's market. 

The Wan Bissaka fee alone justifies the Zaha price tag.

English tax, Premier league tax, these are factors IMO.

• Like 2

On 03/07/2019 at 14:29, rodders0223 said:

..and end up paying £15m in panic tax (Mustafi etc)

I don't care about their turnover or profits, or them paying off their stadium, and being self sufficient...they are the worst run football club in the country.

I mean, they are literally located in the same country as the Trillion Trophy Stadium, so. 

• 3 weeks later...

Both Ozil's and Kolasnic's wives were in the car. Ozil did the right thing. Just because Kolasnic was mad enough to fight two men with knives, doesn't mean Ozil should do the same. 

But wow Kolasnic is a beast. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Both Ozil's and Kolasnic's wives were in the car. Ozil did the right thing. Just because Kolasnic was mad enough to fight two men with knives, doesn't mean Ozil should do the same. 

But wow Kolasnic is a beast. 

A beast you say? Interesting....

Â