PieFacE

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

They have a really easy run in but most of the games are away and their away record is as terrible as it was under Wenger. If they can sort that out then they should get third place which would be a lot more than Wenger would have got them.

Only thing is their away form is terrible.

You should seriously look it up. They got a win % at 82,35 at home while away it's 35.7

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

didnt realise they'd fallen so far behind in commercial revenue, saw the kit deal figures and know the turnover is propped up by the stadium (biggest match day revenue in world football I think) and always assumed they were doing ok

sounds like an absolute mess with maybe more worrying they still don't have a clear identity that will get them out of it, not producing players anymore, lumbered with Ozil, defence is still shit

they really needed to win the EL

For all stick he got that Wenger getting top 4 every year was incredible. Emery also did very well last season

Club is rotten and prob have no money or resources that Emery I feel will walk

Be interesting to see if their transfer strategy of bidding half of what the club is asking for the players is going work out for them.

£40m for Zaha, £30m for Fekir, £50m for Maguire...

Feels a bit like when we pretended to try and sign Tim Cahill was it? on deadline day under Lerner.

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Be interesting to see if their transfer strategy of bidding half of what the club is asking for the players is going work out for them.

£40m for Zaha, £30m for Fekir, £50m for Maguire...

Feels a bit like when we pretended to try and sign Tim Cahill was it? on deadline day under Lerner.

Palace furious apparently as this will unsettle the player, but is no where near to enough to buy him.

seems strange to me that arsenal's 1st PL rise came at the same time as Frances resurgence in the 2nd half of the 90s but this French resurgence has completely passed them by

their german ex chief scout didn't get any young talent out of germnay

their Spanish coach isn't getting any young talent out of spain

they have produced 2 youngsters in about 5 years (maitland niles and iwobi)

arsenal's old model of bringing in young unknowns and developing them in to world beaters is exactly what they should be doing right now but they have abandoned it, the worst thing being that based on the swiss ramble stuff im not sure they can afford to take 3/4 years buying young talent and then pushing for the CL and title again, they need instant success, its a shame because I think they are still my favourite out of the big boys because of how they played and who they bought

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

seems strange to me that arsenal's 1st PL rise came at the same time as Frances resurgence in the 2nd half of the 90s but this French resurgence has completely passed them by

their german ex chief scout didn't get any young talent out of germnay

their Spanish coach isn't getting any young talent out of spain

they have produced 2 youngsters in about 5 years (maitland niles and iwobi)

arsenal's old model of bringing in young unknowns and developing them in to world beaters is exactly what they should be doing right now but they have abandoned it, the worst thing being that based on the swiss ramble stuff im not sure they can afford to take 3/4 years buying young talent and then pushing for the CL and title again, they need instant success, its a shame because I think they are still my favourite out of the big boys because of how they played and who they bought

That was due to Wenger and the fact scouting is more advanced than 20 years ago. Doesnt take much now to find out about youth football abroad

Just now, Zatman said:

That was due to Wenger and the fact scouting is more advanced than 20 years ago. Doesnt take much now to find out about youth football abroad

yeah I understand that, I think willingness to buy them and then play them comes in to it too though

looking at the time periods -

2010 - 2019 bought 12 players under 21 and promoted 20 youngsters to the 1st team

2000 - 2009 bought 27 players under 21 and promoted 38 youngsters to the 1st team

obviously varying degrees of success but they've stopped playing youth

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Palace furious apparently as this will unsettle the player, but is no where near to enough to buy him.

Expect their next offer to be £40,000,001

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Arsenal seem like the kind of club to buy a player on deadline day to save a few quid on their wages through the summer.

..and end up paying £15m in panic tax (Mustafi etc)

I don't care about their turnover or profits, or them paying off their stadium, and being self sufficient...they are the worst run football club in the country.

Â