PieFacE

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's something about a bad mentality at that club.

Everytime something goes against them they seem to crumble.

No spine to the team. Haven't had one for years. 

7 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

They have a poor goalkeeper, suspect defenders and lack a decent defensive midfielder.

Felt like I was in the Villa thread for a second! (At least we've signed a new GK)

He is one of worst keepers i have seen. Never mind Nyland but Bunn is safer hands

I think they won the league in the late 80s? Not sure but apart from that my dad always makes out that historically Arsenal were no great shakes and were kind of a higher mid table team. Just since the late 90s they've been up the top end. Is that true? 

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think they won the league in the late 80s? Not sure but apart from that my dad always makes out that historically Arsenal were no great shakes and were kind of a higher mid table team. Just since the late 90s they've been up the top end. Is that true? 

Not quite, they won the double in 71 and I think they were the team of the 30s. they have a good history, just like us. 

8 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

They have won the 3rd most league titles in history and the most FA Cups

Historically they are much more significant than either Man City or Chelsea iverpool only stared being big when Shankly became manager. Villa and Arsenal got back much further. 

Edited by PaulC

• 1 month later...

No difference from when Wenger managed them.

Just goes on to prove that you can't expect miracles when everyone above and beyond you are spending more money than you. I actually think Arsenal are overachieving this season based on their players coupled with their lack of spending money.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/02/2019 at 20:27, villalad21 said:

No difference from when Wenger managed them.

To be fair to emery he's doing well given the squad he was left. This season was just about steadying the ship and getting rid of osil. Once emery gets the players that suit his style they should be competing for top four again. 

• Like 1

I think Emery is overacheving quite a bit to have them 4th (albeit just a point clear of chasing pack) with 10 left as their squad is miles poorer than what Chelsea and Man. United have put out.

I honestly expected them to have a Moyes esque season, year after a legend leaves and they're 6th or 7th and well off the pace.

Most interesting thing for me is they could easily get more than 71 points which they secured in 15/16. They finished 2nd that season.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They've quietly been doing pretty well for a couple months now. Obviously title is out of the question, but I think they will take that 3rd spot. Emery seems to be doing alright with the team considering imo their squad is the worst among the other contenders for 3rd and 4th. 

They have a really easy run in but most of the games are away and their away record is as terrible as it was under Wenger. If they can sort that out then they should get third place which would be a lot more than Wenger would have got them.

Â