PieFacE

23 minutes ago, gharperr said:

you apparently know how quoting a post from one month ago...So come on.. Realistic names please....Also please give form to see if they ever gone 14 league goals without a goal + how they fit into system because im very interested in this (he has been shite recently...Im pretty sure ive mentioned that a lot before..But hindsight is a bit silly )

Aubameyang would be a very good pick up for Arsenal, has the mobility that Wenger ideally wants from his frontmen and much better finisher than Welbeck and Giroud.

As I've said before it's not impossible to sign players from Dortmund, they always sell key men at a price. Offer them 30m and see what happens.

I think Giroud is good. But he's not good enough to be the only "main" striker for a club like Arsenal for the entire season.

Even if they couldn't improve on Giroud, Arsenal would benefit from buying another top striker to compete with and support Giroud, and give them more of a plan B.

That's why I said "main" striker :)

Wellbeck isn't a focal point CF like Giroud is. He's more of a Walcott type forward (not in terms of style of play, just in terms of more of a support player than a proper CF)

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Aubameyang would be a very good pick up for Arsenal, has the mobility that Wenger ideally wants from his frontmen and much better finisher than Welbeck and Giroud.

As I've said before it's not impossible to sign players from Dortmund, they always sell key men at a price. Offer them 30m and see what happens.

He'd undoubtedly fit and thrive in their team, he is absolute class. But I can't see him wanting to go there, can imagine he'll have better offers.

Another name I'd suggest would be Greizmann, 40m buyout at Atletico apparently although may be a little lightweight to play fully central in this league I think.

Lacazette might be another option although his stock seems to have dipped this season. Think he'd be a better player for the league than Batshuyi who can barely trap a ball with his back to goal.

So the odds for Arsenal signing N´Golo Kanté in the summer must be pretty low.

In other news here is Wenger in classic blaming the fans for missing out on the title :crylaugh:

Arsene Wenger has claimed that people with big egos and personal agendas are fuelling supporter discontent at Arsenal and has claimed a "difficult climate" at home cost his side the league title.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/29/arsene-wenger-blames-difficult-climate-created-by-arsenal-fans-a/

That protest is absolutely embarrasing IMO.

They are probably(almost certainly IMO) the best ran club in the country over the last twenty years, and Wenger is the main reason for that.

Fans need to get a grip, they just look entitled.

• Like 1

The protests are ridiculous but I do understand why they'd want to get shot of Wenger. They are ambitious and want to go as further, Wenger is ultimately holding them back with his player recruitment. He continually fails to address their problems up front, and tends to buy players who are too similar.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

The protest cards read wenger 9 years of excuses, Raineri 9 months 1 league title

with that logic Arsenal fans will want Raineri in charge.

idiots

Jesus, that's awful. It's like an advert for a special school...

• Like 1

Whilst I don't agree with the protests. Wenger for me has taken them as far as he can. He has completely  revolutionised English football for the better, but with no disrespect to Leicester, with City, Chelsea and Utd all being poor this season, Arsenal shout have the title wrapped up by now. The fact that they won't is all down Wenger for me. The only reason to keep him is that "big name" managers who play the type of football Arsenal do, will not be available. 

• Like 1

Have they learned nothing from watching Man U the past few seasons? They are rebuilding even with planning! if Wenger was to just walk away, they'd fall apart.. And I'd f***ing love it the self righteous brats

Wenger has regressed over the last ten years or so. He's still a decent manager and great at running a football club as a business for the owners. CL football every season, not a great deal of expenditure - I can see why the owners love him. However, the fans would rather see a Premier League title than a healthy balance sheet. He seems scared to push on and go for it. Arsenal should have won the league this year but find themselves behind Leicester and Spurs - I can see why the fans are pissed off. Also when it comes to the crunch games, they're a bunch of bottlers and chokers. 

The current Wenger is a shadow of the Wenger of the Invincbles era. I think he has taken Arsenal as far as he can go

Edited by Xela

Â