PieFacE

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

What the hell is wrong with these idiots? The best manager in their history, a man who (with the assistance of good owners) has taken them from a club that got 35,000 and was renowned for boring, basic football and turned them into one of the top ten clubs in Europe, won them a bundle of trophies, including back to back FA Cups in the last two seasons, a man who had made them a fixture in the knockout stages of the Champions league during years where they've spent a fortune on one of the best stadiums in the country and they want him gone!

Arsene Wenger (and good owners) is the difference between Arsenal and Villa - in 1996 when he took over, we weren't far apart at all.

They're 4th in the league and about to qualify for the Champions league for the umpteenth time on the trot.

Spoilt, stupid fans. 

I hope they get him out and finish 9th next season.

Absolutely spot on.

The season before Wenger joined Arsenal, we finished ahead of them. How things change. 

While it probably is time for Wenger to move on, they're not exactly a disgrace are they? The fans look incredibly petty and spoilt in all this in my opinion.

He's given them incredible success over the years and played a huge part in making them one of the most well run clubs in the country. But nope, the fans must suffer the indignity of playing champions league football for the 900th year running.

I see this and hear man utd fans complaining about LVG etc and I genuinely wonder how these fans would cope with a season that was a tenth of an embarrassment that ours has been this year.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

The current Wenger is a shadow of the Wenger of the Invincbles era. I think he has taken Arsenal as far as he can go

CL football isn't a bad glass ceiling is it?

As you put it 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's still a decent manager 

Gooners need some respect and appreciation for just what this man has done for them.

I really really hope he leaves and they capitulate.

CL every year is very decent... but its the minimum a team like Arsenal should be achieving. Finishing in the top 4 for 20 seasons in a row is fantastic, but at the same time, they haven't really looked like winning the league in the last 10 years or so. 

Lets not forget Villa fans were getting restless with MON not getting higher than 6th so football fans can be demanding. I just think for all the good stuff Wenger has done, he should ultimately have more league titles to his name than he has. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

football fans can be demanding.  

I strongly doubt many if any other set of fans would show the complete disrespect of booing the manager in his 20th season for doing nothing wrong. 

MON would still give the Holte a wave, maybe that's his problem?

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

CL every year is very decent... but its the minimum a team like Arsenal should be achieving. Finishing in the top 4 for 20 seasons in a row is fantastic, but at the same time, they haven't really looked like winning the league in the last 10 years or so. 

Lets not forget Villa fans were getting restless with MON not getting higher than 6th so football fans can be demanding. I just think for all the good stuff Wenger has done, he should ultimately have more league titles to his name than he has. 

Yeah this is true mate. It may be me wearing claret & blue spectacles, but I'd like to think a couple of back to back FA cups would go a long way to pacify any unrest we would have.

But then that's likely to remain a hypothesis for some time.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

CL every year is very decent... but its the minimum a team like Arsenal should be achieving.

I'm sure Liverpool fans think that it's the minimum they should be achieving too, and Manchester United fans, and Chelsea fans, and Manchester City fans and I'm guessing Spurs fans will be seeing at something they should be in with a shout at every season. The days where any of those six could expect to be in the top four as a right are gone. Arsene has done a brilliant job in persuading Arsenal fan otherwise - and they'll hang him for it.

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The protests are ridiculous but I do understand why they'd want to get shot of Wenger. They are ambitious and want to go as further, Wenger is ultimately holding them back with his player recruitment. He continually fails to address their problems up front, and tends to buy players who are too similar.

but they finish top 4 every year. just seems like a petty protest when a hell of a lot more clubs have better reason to protest

It's more annoyance from them that the same thing happens every season at the same point e.g. they get to February well in the title race and in the champions league and within 4 weeks they aren't in the CL anymore and are practically out of the title race.

I think their point is clubs like Man. City, Chelsea and Liverpool when they fail at those two targets actually use that as a wake up call and appoint a new manager and sign a fair few players.

That and this summer Wenger deemed no outfield player in world football good enough to play for Arsenal by just buying a keeper. That when they have Giroud and Mertesacker as regulars in their 11.

That said Wenger will still be there next season so it's all a bit futile.

• Like 1

I'd love to see what would happen if they had to suffer the unbridled embarrassment of only finishing 5th for a change and had to play in the Europa League. 

What a terrible disaster that would be. Could any club ever recover from such a catastrophe?

Ungrateful, spoilt *****.

Edited by One For The Road

Protesting is the in thing, you're going to get it everywhere now.  I do reckon he blew any chance of winning the league by not buying any outfield players for a squad that failed last season, and that Simeone would probably have won them the league, albeit at the cost of the 'Arsenal way'.  If I were him I'd do a Fergie and spend the money on a player or two that will make the difference next season and then call it a day, and screw the future.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Protesting is the in thing, you're going to get it everywhere now.  I do reckon he blew any chance of winning the league by not buying any outfield players for a squad that failed last season, and that Simeone would probably have won them the league, albeit at the cost of the 'Arsenal way'.  If I were him I'd do a Fergie and spend the money on a player or two that will make the difference next season and then call it a day, and screw the future.

To be fair, 90% of the time Arsenal's football is painfully boring, there's nothing exciting about them camping out near the edge of the opponents area and passing sidewards, with the odd failed through ball. It really is shite football.

Arsenal fans need to be careful what they wish for. They have still been winning cups,albeit not the league and they are constantly in the top 4. They are a huge club now and a global brand which imo is down to wenger. He's not faultless but no way should they be protesting against him. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Arsenal fans need to be careful what they wish for. They have still been winning cups,albeit not the league and they are constantly in the top 4. They are a huge club now and a global brand which imo is down to wenger. He's not faultless but no way should they be protesting against him. 

look at United they havent recovered really since Ferguson left and to a lesser extent Charlton when they wanted Curbishley gone

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Hardly a good comparison. O'Neill did an ok job for the backing he had but that's about it. Wenger on the other hand has done a fantastic job at Arsenal and while it probably is time for him to go soon some of the treatment he's had from Arsenal fans is pathetic.

On 30/04/2016 at 17:20, OutByEaster? said:

What the hell is wrong with these idiots? The best manager in their history, a man who (with the assistance of good owners) has taken them from a club that got 35,000 and was renowned for boring, basic football and turned them into one of the top ten clubs in Europe, won them a bundle of trophies, including back to back FA Cups in the last two seasons, a man who had made them a fixture in the knockout stages of the Champions league during years where they've spent a fortune on one of the best stadiums in the country and they want him gone!

Arsene Wenger (and good owners) is the difference between Arsenal and Villa - in 1996 when he took over, we weren't far apart at all.

They're 4th in the league and about to qualify for the Champions league for the umpteenth time on the trot.

Spoilt, stupid fans. 

I hope they get him out and finish 9th next season.

This.

I've said it before. I understand the fans thinking it's time for Wenger to go. I don't mind that. I'd agree.

But protesting to get it done is such poor form after all he's done for them.

Oxlade out of the Euros and now Welbeck a doubt. Add to this Wilshere who is made of glass, what is it Arsenal and injuries?

Â