Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

On 18/08/2018 at 19:33, NurembergVillan said:

Poor old Albert. Where's it all gone wrong?

Or was he always shit, and happened to have a purple patch last season?

dbp3.png?format=1500w

In a nutshell for me. He is such a poor player! He had a purple patch of scoring goals last season which covered a multitude of sins.

• Like 2

He has actually never had any stand out qualities.

Went through an awesome purple patch.

Love him as a bloke.

However this is why I was never satisfied with the swap with him and Adama in the first place.

One is very young, built like a tank and has pace to burn, still had/has room for improvement (As shite as you think he is represented much better value as proven by recent transfer).

Again, this was just short termism, although it was short termism with a view to getting promoted immediately.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

Shame as he has given us good service, one of our best players in his first season, getting I think the most assists, and last season he was our top scorer and contributed massively. However he seems to have both physically and mentality checked out after the Wolves game last season. This season he has been poor with his output, just not good enough I'm afraid. That said, whilst I want him out of the first team he'd be very good to have in the squad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Love him as a bloke.

However this is why I was never satisfied with the swap with him and Adama in the first place.

One is very young, built like a tank and has pace to burn, still had/has room for improvement (As shite as you think he is represented much better value as proven by recent transfer).

Again, this was just short termism, although it was short termism with a view to getting promoted immediately.

Another lightweight for me.....I wish we wouldn't do this.....we seem obsessed with them as a club......He had a good spell, but crikey, he is so easily taken out.

I don't want to get too hung up on physicality, but we do seem to ignore it.

I get so frustrated with players who so easily, get taken out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

He's been one of my favourite players since he joined the club and has been perennially undervalued by our fans IMO.

However, he's been poor for months now and shouldn't be starting.

Is it not a concern how a player can go ( in form) from the sublime to the ridiculous?

players like that are shelved under " not good enough" for me.

I don't want players playing for us with that much of a discrepancy in form.

Edited by TRO

I know this sounds ridiculous with the season he had but I’ve never rated him. Even when he was banging in goals.

I think he is a very limited player that had a cracking season due to the sheer hard work and graft he puts in. Fair to play to him but I doubt he can even come close to repeating it.

He’s being carried at the moment, 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Love him as a bloke.

Exactly this. 

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

Is it not a concern how a player can go ( in form) from the sublime to the ridiculous?

players like that are shelved under " not good enough" for me.

I don't want players playing for us with that much of a discrepancy in form.

I mean ideally that wouldn't happen, but we've had plenty of players who have never had a patch of meaningful form - let alone contributed what Albert has for most of the last two years.

He may or may not reach those levels again but it would be a mistake to undervalue his contribution over the past couple of years.

5 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I mean ideally that wouldn't happen, but we've had plenty of players who have never had a patch of meaningful form - let alone contributed what Albert has for most of the last two years.

He may or may not reach those levels again but it would be a mistake to undervalue his contribution over the past couple of years.

Not impressed overall.....sorry.

Edited by TRO

I actually think a bit of bench time might do him good.  I'd have sold him for the rumoured 6m in the summer - but now we haven't, I think a bit of rest (I know it's only just begun), a bit of time out of the pressure cooker and maybe coming off the bench and doing some good stuff would do him the world of good. 

He won't have lost much over the summer, but he hasn't performed to the ability he showed in his purple patch.  I know Green is somewhat frustrating at the moment, but at least his career is on the upwards trajectory, not down. 

Rest up Alby! 

• Like 1

Â